I know your gonna be sick of them, but here's tonight's PopIts pics lol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Emms - they just get better

I did a set of PopIts on myself today - mostly NNOs but had to put a natural tip on two nails as they were shorter than I liked. Was please overall as they took me less than an hour for the whole lot.

Ok - just a few questions Emms - I too on two nails did get some air bubbles and crystalizing - why did this happen do you think? Not really used L&P a great deal so I presumed it was down to my mix ratio.

I polished over them as I was really pleased with the overall shape so I polished over them and added some glitter top coat and diamontes and I love them.

Just want to suss out the air bubbles and crystalizing and I am ready to go!

Gigi mentions in her tutorial to make sure you press the product in and not pat, could it be that you patted the product and this may have caused air bubbles?

:cry: I have been sat trying my popits out for 2 hours now after watching gigi today demonstrate her fab talents as usual. But my popits are the pits right now. There poping here then and everywhere. Ive got air bubbles, no shiney finish,and cant seem to get the right amount of L & P on the popit. And wait for this one, I think Im using them the wrong way round. Now come on girls is there only me in this nail world thats struggling. I was so excited this afternooon, now im not so sure.:confused::cry:

Are you using the wider part on the nail? The end with the two little side tabs goes at the free edge end.

Any excess product should be forced out at the free edge as long as you have chosen the right size popit for the nail. I have had the same problem with air bubbles but the shiney finish has been great.

OOOH a good tip too......these are reusable.....but for obvious reasons .its not a good idea to reuse them on different clients hygine etc....

So size up your clients popits......and then put them in a envelope with their name on after service (and cleaning ) ..for next time :green:

waste not want not..lol..
If like me you dont have many clients...and you dont charge very much due to area etc....every penny counts...if savings can be made..then make them
I was thinking of this yesterday myself, I thought I could put them in a sealed plastic snap bag,that way there is no chance of germs getting in there!!
I am so happy I should have my PopIts in about 2-3 weeks!!:lol:

I did a set on a friend tonight and not all of them were perfect. I did get some crystalisation and bubbles in about half of them but those I got right, my god I was completely blown away.

Not sure how I got the crystalisation etc but have asked my friend to soak off the bad ones and we'll have another go tomorrow.

Took me about 50 minutes for the full set from prep, applying tip, and poppitting, so all in all Bobs your uncle, Fanny's your aunt and this time it isn't **** who is your best friend it's poppits!

They are great Emma, really pretty as always,
i did a sculpted free edge with a tiger stripe design with the pop its but i cant get the pic to upload in my post or in the gallery but that's cos I'm pants with a PC lol :hug:

Oh yes nearly forgot to say, you can post a piccy of every set you do we never get sick of looking at them hun

Not sure how I got the crystalisation etc but have asked my friend to soak off the bad ones and we'll have another go tomorrow.
Thank god it's not just me with the crystalisation. I bought an ultra sculptor brush whilst I was in the Sweet shop because that was what Gigi was using (!) so i've been blaming my mix ratio not being familiar with the large brush. It has been driving me mad and is very embarrasing giving your friends crap nails!! Do you think theres another reason this is happening or is it me with the new brush???:irked:

no jacquisu, I think its more trial and error as opposed to a new brush. I think im maybe not loading up my popit correctly and patting instead of pressing, plus I was trying mine out on the nail trainer,but if they work on that they will turn out on nails eventually im sure. I have a client in this morning for a full set so I am gonna try one and c what it comes out like. Will let you know. As the saying goes,"when all else fails, try.try, again."

Crystallising? It will be physically impossible for this to happen with Retention+ or Radical - however there is a problem that looks similar called frosting. The difference is that you wont have to replace your product if you have frosting whereas if your product crystallises, your screwed.

Frosting usually occurs when you have an excessively wet area of monomer that rapidly evaporates (i.e. a draft hits it). The answer there is to ensure that your working with the correct mix ratio and that you stabilise your work area (temperature and drafts).

When working with PopIts, many people naturally veer to working too wet with their mix. This inevitably leads to bubbles and potential frosting.

HTHs

When working with PopIts, many people naturally veer to working too wet with their mix. This inevitably leads to bubbles and potential frosting.

HTHs

thanks Sam - I did think it was working too wet where I was going wrong. I think its trying to get one big that is big enough to cover the area needed just needs a little adjusting.

I think your nails look 'drop dead gorgeous' babe. I hope to achieve that result once I have managed to get some more practice in. I have done 4 nails with my poppits, 1 without a tip, the others with white tips and flowers inset.
I too suffered some frosting , bubbling and not enough coverage, though I'm sure with practice this will improve.
I just can't get over the amazingly shiney and smooth finish, how great is that!!
Anna:)

Latest posts

Back