I need to know the absolute Best Topcoat! My favorite is being discontinued.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sillysoup

Reaction score
Hello,
This is my first post on this board. I have been using a product called "Mystic Nail Topcoat" for 23 years. I have heard through the grapevine that it is no longer being made. I am devistated and i now need to find a replacement. I don't like Seche,Out the Door, Poshe,CND.
So, what is left? I found a bottle of Sparitual quick dry topcoat and used it on one hand and OPI topcoat on the other. Has anyone used either one? My Mystic Nail was like cement. I tried to contact the company numerous times and no repsonse. So aggrivating! I know that a few people have already asked what is your favorite topcoat but I figured maybe someone has recently discovered the greatest one yet.
Thank you so much

EZ Flow "UV30" I love it.

EZ Flow "UV30" I love it.

uv30 is wicked over p&w or design but its not designed to use as a top coat for polish
i use EzFlow Speed Finish over polish instead, its a uv protecting, quick dry and you can either let it air dry or pop it under your uv lamp which really can speed up the drying process

Jess x

How have I lived for the past 25 years in business without this product you name? Never even heard of it.

CND has always worked for me and the CND Air Dry is a dream .. Fast drying, long lasting, protective and super shiny, and truly 3 FREE.

CND Air Dry for me! x

CND Super Shine for me but may have to look closer at CND Air Dryx:)

CND has always worked for me and the CND Air Dry is a dream .. Fast drying, long lasting, protective and super shiny, and truly 3 FREE.

LOVE Air Dry! It's the BEST! :)

uv30 is wicked over p&w or design but its not designed to use as a top coat for polish
i use EzFlow Speed Finish over polish instead, its a uv protecting, quick dry and you can either let it air dry or pop it under your uv lamp which really can speed up the drying process

Jess x

That's the one I meant :lol:
I was half asleep and a little dopey from migraine medication :o

For polishes I strongly prefer Orly. They make one called Top 2 Bottom Basecaot & Topcoat with helps prevent yellowing.

Have you tried Jessica, which is also 3-free? Top Priority or the Diamond Dazzle topcoat are excellent, as is Brilliance (which also has filters to prevent yellowing of the colour from UV).

Have you tried Jessica, which is also 3-free? Top Priority or the Diamond Dazzle topcoat are excellent, as is Brilliance (which also has filters to prevent yellowing of the colour from UV).

CND polishes never yellow and never have. None of them.

Well I am pleased you can be so certain that no CND colour has ever yellowed due to UV exposure on any person ever - makes me wonder then why the CND Air Dry top coat is sold as having "UV absorber to prevent yellowing and guard against fading and discoloration"?

In my experience, irregardless of polish brand, heavy sunbathers & those who use sunbeds regularly can sometimes experience colour change as a result of the UV. For those further interested in UV-protective topcoats the following link may be of interest:

UV-Protective Nail Topcoats : Manicure Maintenance For Tanning

Last edited:
Hiya Does sweet squared sell pinky bottles of the Air Dry top coat ?? :)

Well I am pleased you can be so certain that no CND colour has ever yellowed due to UV exposure on any person ever - makes me wonder then why the CND Air Dry top coat is sold as having "UV absorber to prevent yellowing and guard against fading and discoloration"?

In my experience, irregardless of polish brand, heavy sunbathers & those who use sunbeds regularly can sometimes experience colour change as a result of the UV. For those further interested in UV-protective topcoats the following link may be of interest:

I haven't read the link yet....... HOWEVER... I do know that sometimes polish colours/acrylic/uv gel will SEEM to have yellowed as a result of sunbathing activities BUT not directly related to the UV itself.
What frequently happens is whatever product the sunbather is using (be it a tan accelorator for use in sunbeds, or a sunscreen against the actual sun) will STAIN the surface of the polish colour/acrylic/uv gel. It doesn't actually cause the product itself to yellow, but leaves a colorant behind on top of it, staining the surface of it. House-hold cleaning products are known to do the same. And once the surface is buffed free of the stain, the product no longer appears yellow.

Just something to think upon.

I'm also not sure what your point is if the ingredients of CND products are in fact the cause of why it doesn't yellow etc. Why would you want another brand that has ingredients that will cause somthing to yellow OR that will fail to protect it from doing so? Why be bitter about it?
I don't use CND, I use EZ Flow. But EZ flow 30 is supposed to do the same, prevent yellowing and guard against fading.

I personally prefer a product from a brand that tries to prevent common issues, as opposed to one that makes no effort whatsoever.
Your bitterness & sarcasm makes no sense and is unwarranted.

I think 25 years using the brand qualifies me to give that assurance yes. Never ever had a client where I have seen either yellowing or fading, despite having holidays and using sunbeds. Absorbers help with fading and yellowing when used over any polish and CND top coats can be used over any polish that may have the yellowing problems mentioned. I never do a polish without using a top coat and base coat and I have never experienced yellowing or fading with CND.

I personally prefer a product from a brand that tries to prevent common issues, as opposed to one that makes no effort whatsoever. Your bitterness & sarcasm makes no sense and is unwarranted.

Not sure where this comes from as my initial post made no reference to CND. I suggested 3 topcoats by Jessica, one of which had UV filters. Geeg replied & said no CND polishes have ever yellowed due to UV. I replied & said in my experience some polishes do & that if CND was immune to the yellowing many other polishes suffer under intense UV then why did they make a top-coat that says "UV absorber to prevent yellowing and guard against fading and discoloration".

Not quite sure where you read bitterness in that, but if you want to create an argument or drama out of my suggesting 3 Jessica topcoats then feel free, but you can leave me out of it.

As to causes it is thought intense UV, especially from sunbathing & sunbeds, can cause oxidation of the colour, which is why many contain ingredients to prevent this. But generally they don't contain enough of these to cope with extreme UV exposure as it can affect the composition of the formula.

I don't now for a fact, but you can use the CND topcoat on ANY polishes, so thats why having a none-yellowing topcoat would be clever? Makes sense in my head:lol:

I love the super shiney, and lately air dry. I have tried a lot of topcoats, and found a lot of them goes thick in the bottle, before I have used the last of it. But these don't even if I buy the salon sizes.

Can I ask what it is the original poster doesn't like about the brands she mentioned??? You say you need it to be very hard?? But is it for polish, nailart, airbrush or?? Eg. I havn't found an airbrush topcoat, that can go over my paint...(yet to try an advise given in a pm though)

:hug:

Last edited:
Not sure where this comes from as my initial post made no reference to CND. I suggested 3 topcoats by Jessica, one of which had UV filters. Geeg replied & said no CND polishes have ever yellowed due to UV. I replied & said in my experience some polishes do & that if CND was immune to the yellowing many other polishes suffer under intense UV then why did they make a top-coat that says "UV absorber to prevent yellowing and guard against fading and discoloration".

Not quite sure where you read bitterness in that, but if you want to create an argument or drama out of my suggesting 3 Jessica topcoats then feel free, but you can leave me out of it.

As to causes it is thought intense UV, especially from sunbathing & sunbeds, can cause oxidation of the colour, which is why many contain ingredients to prevent this. But generally they don't contain enough of these to cope with extreme UV exposure as it can affect the composition of the formula.

I wasn't attacking any brands, if that is how you read the sentence. I meant exactly as the words read. Nothing more, nothing less.

Your post below is what struck me as sarcastic, and bitter.
I don't see your point in the statement below, beyond that.
If the CND (or the EzFlow) products advertise what they do, and they do what they advertise; then what's the problem?

Originally Posted by Martin Duffy

If the CND (or the EzFlow) products advertise what they do, and they do what they advertise; then what's the problem?

But I don't have a problem! My point was in answer to Geeg's comment that Creative polishes, unlike most others, are immune to discolouring from intense UV light. I was asking that if this was the case then why would they make a CND top-coat advertised as containing UV filters to prevent discolouring. I suspect the reason why Geeg has never seen any yellowing in her clients is not due to the polish being immune from UV damage but because like any professional she has "never done a polish without using a top coat" (to quote her earlier post).

At no point did I comment on the efficiency of any brand's top-coat. I'm 100% sure the majority of brands boasting UV filters do what they say on the tin & as far as I can see the OP didn't even mention which polish brand she uses, only those top coats she didn't like. My question was why put UV filters in a top-coat to prevent yellowing if UV doesn't cause yellowing. Hope this clarifies my post & prevents further misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Same here Geeg, never heard of it either...and I agree with your choice

Latest posts

Back