I need to Name my business!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ditzy

Reaction score
OK, so, I'm hoping to start part time mobile in a few weeks. My business name was to be Pinkies Plus when I nearly started 3 years ago (got the cards printed and everything:rolleyes:) but I've changed phone number, and more importantly, now I'm divorced, I'm more like the real me.

I'm going to start off by offering manicures, extensions, make up for various occasions, eyebrow/lash tinting, hair updo's for weddings, etc. However, I start my NVQ 1&2 tomorrow evening, so I will eventually offer hairdressing too, and hopefully in the slightly further away future, photography, so I can do "the whole package" if you know what I mean.

My problem is, I am really into the 1940's and 1950's, rock and roll, rockabilly, and the wonderfully beautiful glamourous women of the era such as Marilyn Monroe, Veronica Lake, Bettie Page, Elizabeth Taylor, etc. and would really like a name that goes with that kind of era. I am planning on doing a kind of sideline thing where I can offer speciality vintage style hair & make overs, so would like to have a business name that will cover everything.

Not easy, now, is it?! Any ideas gladly welcomed:green:

Golden Oldies!

Vintage Glam!

Beautifully Vintage!

(It's late....I'm trying!!)

Vintage visions
Retromania
Regal and Retro
Smokin Aces
Cherry chops
Glamour Puss
Vintage Kustom
Custom Vintage
Cherry Pie
Cherry
Cherries
Chiseled Cherries
Creatif Cutz
Glamorous
cherry charmed
Charmed cherry
cherrylicious
Perfumed Pouts
Fringe benefits

This is how i would do it.. Take single words that relate to you and your personality.. and what you want to potray.. then just start making a list.. one will pop..
I think its a great theme as you can conjure Bette Page icons and just CUT SICK!! ((as the saying goes))

HtH x:green:

Vintage visions
Retromania
Regal and Retro
Smokin Aces
Cherry chops
Glamour Puss
Vintage Kustom
Custom Vintage
Cherry Pie
Cherry
Cherries
Chiseled Cherries
Creatif Cutz
Glamorous
cherry charmed
Charmed cherry
cherrylicious
Perfumed Pouts
Fringe benefits

This is how i would do it.. Take single words that relate to you and your personality.. and what you want to potray.. then just start making a list.. one will pop..
I think its a great theme as you can conjure Bette Page icons and just CUT SICK!! ((as the saying goes))

HtH x:green:

Crikey:green: didn't expect anyone to come up with this many:eek:

Gonna have a serious look at the offerings later and see if I can decide on one, or even possibly get inspiration from one of them.

I kinda had the idea I'd like to use something to do with "Scarlet" as in "O'Hara", I know that's from 1939 but it's still hollywood glamour! The only problem is if people link it with "Scarlet woman":irked:. I also like the Cherries thing, but there's other connotations there too!

HHHMMMMMM:green:

Vintage Divas

Got one idea, what do you think of "Bombshell Beauty"

(I'm dark haired by the way:green:)

Actually, I'm kinda liking "Cherrie Pie Beauty", I've got a cherry tattoo and jewellery, tshirts, etc!

Got one idea, what do you think of "Bombshell Beauty"

(I'm dark haired by the way:green:)

Sorry - dont think it would give the image that you are looking for.

I like Vintage Glamour!

beauty belle? saw an old fil and the plane was called belle lol! i know im not much help !!!

What about this..
I have named my treatment room "The Beauty Spot"
I have a black outlined drawing of a "glamorous" looking lady with hot red lips and a beaty spot as the focus.. and i used it as my muse.
I have registered it as an ABN and so far come across no other name like it around me.. or any business who has pty lmtd it.. so i think i found the perfect name for me..
I spent ages trying to find a name that i liked and one i could incorparate my love of all things Retro glamour

Perhaps you can focus on a look you want to achieve and go from there? You can always use pictures to portray your style..

yep, cherrie pie for me conjurs up american pie, I have to agree the glam one sounds cool

Crikey:green: didn't expect anyone to come up with this many:eek:

Gonna have a serious look at the offerings later and see if I can decide on one, or even possibly get inspiration from one of them.

I kinda had the idea I'd like to use something to do with "Scarlet" as in "O'Hara", I know that's from 1939 but it's still hollywood glamour! The only problem is if people link it with "Scarlet woman":irked:. I also like the Cherries thing, but there's other connotations there too!

HHHMMMMMM:green:

What about 'Hollywood Glamour' or 'The Hollywood Glamour Palour'. This would cover the vintage years as well as today' market.

OK, now I'm getting too many names:eek:! I like Beauty Belle, Cherrie Pie, Vintage glamour, Hollywood Glamour, and one of my own (again) Betties' Beauty Booth (as in Bettie Page, Betty Boop, and Betty Hutton (who played Annie Oakley, and my surname's Oakley), and Betty Grable!

Oh, what's a girl to do:green:

All these beautiful women you mentioned are hollywood icons.

What about 'Iconic Beauty' or 'Iconic Glamour'?

i like

Betty Boop's Beauty Booth

bit of a mouthful yes but fantastic for a name.

Latest posts

Back