i think i'm going to be sued.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of these for you :hug::hug::hug: .... sounds as if you could do them xx

Oh hun

How awful for you
:hug::hug::hug:

I am a bit confused by this ladies behaviour.

What exactly is it that she has complained to trading standards about??

I know there are some vicious people out there who try to do things like this to make others feel bad.

I know someone personally who has a vendetta against a local business, puts ads on the net saying the business is bad, complains to trading standards and environmental health. There are some jealous fruitloops out there!!

Also, WHO does she think she is? Why didn't she complain to your boss?

Why did she throw her arms around you if she wasn't happy?

Perhaps she has got the wrong person?

It just doesn't make sense to me.

Big hugs for you xx

all i know tinky is that she has complained to trading standards about me giving her a swedish (her second one with me btw!) saying that i dont know what i am doing and that it was terrible, as she is now confessing that she is really a therapist and not a landscape gardener as she told me in consultation! she seemed so happy with the treatment when she left, especially after kissing me! i am so bewildered. :irked:

Last edited:
all i know tinky is that she has complained to trading standards about me giving her a swedish (her second one with me btw!) saying that i dont know what i am doing and that it was terrible, as she is now confessing that she is really a therapist and not a landscape gardener as she told me in consultation! she seemed so happy with the treatment when she left, especially after kissing me! i am so bewildered. :irked:

If she's now saying she's a therapist it's possible she's done this out of spite you're her competition.
Keep your chin up hun and stand proud, you've worked there since April and this is the first complaint so it's not you.:hug:

1. so SHE is a therapist and not a landscape gardener.

2. she had 2 of the same treatments from you.

3. she threw her arms around you and gave you a tip.

4. she waited a while before putting in a complaint.

Is she either insane or just jealous that you are in work and she probably isnt.
I also think your employer perhaps sensed that you were wanting to leave anyway, and with you handing your notice in, feels that she is now absolved from the whole fiasco. Well she isn't, thats what she pays employees liability for. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMTANCES AGREE TO BE A SCAPEGOAT.

I too would have handed my notice in and then would then worry and re-run the whole event throught my mind constantly.

If it is any help, after I first qualified, I put an ad in the local paper. I got a call from a lady called Amelia.
I went to her house and gave her a massage.

After I had finished she told me that it was the worst massage she had ever experienced.
I told her that I had given her a textbook massage from what I had been trained.
She then told me she ran her own salon, and that when someone books in for a full body massage, she would massage the whole body, not just the body leaving out the hands and feet and scalp (which I had).

I packed up and left and spent a few weeks licking my wounds. but I learnt from that experience.

glad its not just me this has happened to - some people can be so cruel.

and i have just had a thought, she fell asleep part way through the massage, and i gently woke her when it was over.........do you think that had something to do with the way she recalls it?

If she's now saying she's a therapist it's possible she's done this out of spite you're her competition.
Keep your chin up hun and stand proud, you've worked there since April and this is the first complaint so it's not you.:hug:

Think Ria might be right here.

If you followed the correct procedure (i.e consultation etc etc.) and you've got her signature that she was happy with everything, does she have a leg to stand on ?

No normal client who was unhappy with a service would run straight to trading standards, there is something more to this.

Trading Standards would have a hard time proving that your routine was incorrect, as you rightly pointed out, there are many ways of performing a massage.

As long as you haven't caused her any physical harm / damage, what is the big deal about ? I'm surprised Trading Standards where so quick to get in touch with you.

I might do a manicure differently to you or the salon down the road, does that make me a bad tech ? No, it just means I might do it differently, or apply my cuticle remover on at a different stage to you would or whatever !

Speak to your insurance company and see what they recommend. Perhaps they've got some legal people who might be able to advise you.

Marlise

How terrible for you:hug:
Now I may well be thinking along the wrong lines here but....
Are you 100 percent sure that this lady HAS complained to your employers?
Have you asked trading standards about this?
Have you had any problems with your employers and they may be looking for a way to make you hand in your notice without just cause?
It just seems strange that they are not backing you and advertising your job again so soon..or am I just suspicious here?

Thanks for all the advise guys, i feel a little bit better about it all now. nowt so queer as folk eh?

This sounds too dodgy for my liking especially as you said your job was advertised within half hour!!
It sounds to me like it was planned and maybe it was to try n make you do this.
What good employer gets a phone call from TS and then rings you up and willingly takes your notice then in half hour your job is up on the internet??

If it was my employee i would want to get to the bottom of it and give all my support if you get me.

Anyway let us know how you get on and watch who fills your job as it looks planned to me to get you to finnish.

Good luck mate chin up xxx

This doesnt smell right does it ?! Hmmm - well you have a signed consultation sheet stating that she is a landscape gardner............she returned to you, I dont suppose there is any way you can prove the tip is there as that would blow her out of the water ?

Im with Judy on this one

Im really sorry as I can imagine that you feel just dreadful, could you ask your employers tomorrow to show you the paperwork from trading standards or ask for the name of who they spoke to on the pretext of following this complaint up yourself - maybe there will be no name and no papers !

:hug:

How terrible for you:hug:
Now I may well be thinking along the wrong lines here but....
Are you 100 percent sure that this lady HAS complained to your employers?
Have you asked trading standards about this?
Have you had any problems with your employers and they may be looking for a way to make you hand in your notice without just cause?
It just seems strange that they are not backing you and advertising your job again so soon..or am I just suspicious here?

I thoroughly agree with Judy

I believe this trading standards complaint is a pile of bull, and it's lies to scare you into leaving - if there was a genuine complaint against you it would need to be investigated by your/their insurance company. If they sacked you before any investigation it would be unfair dismissal, so you've played straight into their hands by resigning.

No employer puts a vacancy up that quickly no matter how much they need staff. They should be in shock, about these alleged accusations, and certainly wouldn't be thinking about new staff so quickly. They'd be reelling like you are.

It's rubbish - don't take it to heart :hug:

am really sorry this has happened hun , but it sounds too sus to me , i think it might be the employers telling porkies in the hope you jacked your job in !!
i hope this doesnt hurt your feelings hun , but some employers and fellow therapists are downright nasty , and hate competition or any threat towards them at all
i cant beleive the woman would go straight to trading standards !! more likely she would go to the boss and complain ,plus i doubt they can even say anything to you , as it is just her opinion that you are "rubbish" (not saying you are btw :hug:), as you have said theres tons of massage routines
hope you feel better soon hun xxx

Another thought - if you handed your notice in on the telephone verbally then have you blown it ? Or is it only legally binding when you put it in writing ?

i actually rang trading standards, and they said they had no knowledge of the case, however they said it would be very difficult to prove without a witness, and as there was just me and her in the room.....

also i dont keep a record of my tips, so cant prove that, but i did tell he other girls about her hugging and kissing me and they found it highly amusing!

all a bit strange i guess, but as from 2pm on saturday i will have no-one to answer to but myself! i must say though that my confidence has gone out the window, i hope i can get it back otherwise i'll never get anywhere.

do any of you geeks live near me? perhaps i could visit you and have a chat about how to get through this.

and thanks for the kind words everyone :)

Yep thats what i put earlier in thread defo not right,they trying to get you out,STAND YOUR GROUND and insist of an explanation,remember watch who fills your job and take it from there.

Where about in lincolnshire r u?

well i rang acas, and they said that my weeks notice is valid via telephone, especially since i have no written contract, the law is on my side as far as validity of the notice hand in goes. maybe i shouldnt have done but i just panicked, i felt like someone had ripped my insides out and was shocked and scared, never been in this situation before, and hoefully never again!

im in lincoln nailzandbeauty

i actually rang trading standards, and they said they had no knowledge of the case, however they said it would be very difficult to prove without a witness, and as there was just me and her in the room.....

also i dont keep a record of my tips, so cant prove that, but i did tell he other girls about her hugging and kissing me and they found it highly amusing!

all a bit strange i guess, but as from 2pm on saturday i will have no-one to answer to but myself! i must say though that my confidence has gone out the window, i hope i can get it back otherwise i'll never get anywhere.

do any of you geeks live near me? perhaps i could visit you and have a chat about how to get through this.

and thanks for the kind words everyone :)

Now you know that they wouldnt have got involved I wold ask your employers for proof of this so called trading standards complaint and then I would sue them for constructive dismissal when they cant prove what they or this client have said!

Latest posts

Back