I wish I had bald dogs!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melissaq

Reaction score
Vancouver Island, British Columbia,Canada
Just a mild complaint here ....I find myself vacuming everyday !! I have 2 dogs a chinese pug( black ) and a lab( also black ) I find myself sweeping everyday and sucking all the hairs that collect along the base boards everyday! .....even vacuming the chesterfield ! they don't even get ON the furniture ......I love them just wish they were bald.....but I think if I shaved them ....expecially the little one he would just look like a little grey worm....anyone eles have this problem and what do you do?

I know the feeling, i have a german shepard, love her to bits but sometimes i am very tempted to shave her from head to toe, if i miss a day hoovering my house looks like tumbleweeds are blowing around, i have to hoover once in the morning and once at night, once i have hoovered the liitle sod thinks its really funny to roll around with all fours in the air and back comes the hair...lol

Well it does cut down if you spend a good hour a day grooming, out side:) after a week or so you will see that the hair lose is much less, untill you bath them:irked:
However my solution was a bit different. I have a yorkshire terrier, they don't shed because they don't have fur, they have hair like us. only other dog I would have now is a poodle, same reason.
However, the cat has come close to getting the electric clipper look more then once:lol:

Susie H said:
Well it does cut down if you spend a good hour a day grooming, out side:) after a week or so you will see that the hair lose is much less, untill you bath them:irked:
However my solution was a bit different. I have a yorkshire terrier, they don't shed because they don't have fur, they have hair like us. only other dog I would have now is a poodle, same reason.
However, the cat has come close to getting the electric clipper look more then once:lol:
I would love to groom my dog it would make life so much easier but as soon as she sees the brush she yelps the house down, and thats me standing over the other side of the room, she is such a lar lar baby..lol

I do wash mine ....my little one every two weeks and daily brushing .....the big one ...wash him once a week and brush daily ....he likes to play in my creek ! ....but I feel like they still have a ton of hair:irked:

So do i! I have an amstaff, he doesn't have long fur, but i have to vacum every day, and i wash him every week. He's the sweetest, kindest dog, so i don't mind vacuming extra because of him. :)

I have the same problem - two long haired border collies. Of course I like the long haired one's too.

Hoover every day and the best thing we ever bought was our Dyson Hoover -how sad, couldn't live without it now.

Thanks for the tip! Ill buy that one, i have vacumed so much that my vacumcleaner is so much used, its time to buy a new one!

LOL i have the same problem hun Wood floors and a black dog .......not good ! lol x

I have 3 Brindle boxers with some white and used to have hard floors in my old house. The floors were covered everyday. (and my clothes)
In the new house, it's carpet and they dont show up quite as much. I do groom them, but only once a month or so.. Same with bathing.
I have a Dyson and it does get them mostly up, however, sometimes I wish they be bald too!!:lol:

This might be helpful...I have a med haired border collie who is a big time shedder. For the past year the shedding has improved by about 75% as we give him a tablespoon of FLAX OIL in his food in the morniing and another tablespoon of it in his meal at 6 pm. He loves it too. He won't eat his food until we go to the fridge to get it out!! I pick up the FLAX OIL at Walmart or Costco. They need to be on it for about 3 weeks B4 you start to notice a difference.

Also for quick hair cleanups on floors we have a cordless rechargeable Swifer that sucks up hair and also swifs at the same time. I just keep it handy in my kitchen, I have no need for a broom and dust pan anymore!

I hope this helps. I know labs are big time shedders as well.

I have a pekingese and a maincoon cat.... lemme tell ya.. the fur OMG.

My dog goes to the groomers every 3mths to be shaved cause I was a total dummy when I bought him, not realizing that their fur just keeps growing and growing like human hair and they look like mops:eek: with no legs (keep your eyes open for them in dog shows, they are HYSTERICAL to watch)

I also have 2 young girls: 2.5yrs & 4.5yrs... I'm a stay at home mom.. and even I can NOT keep on top of the fur.... errrr and not just the animals.. my own:eek: My own hair (very long) has killed 2 vaccuums ROFL.

I dont know what to do, have tried it all.. even the flax.. I guess it depends on the breed maybe? Didn't help me :-(

Pulled out the fridge the other day to clean behind it, and my friend says "why don't you take off the back panel and clean out the inside"
:irked: Huh? (never knew I could do that LOL)

So I did.. well, this fridge, that I've had since BEFORE my dog.....
I could have made ANOTHER DOG with all the fur I pulled out of there OMG no wonder it hasn't been working well:!: :!: :!: :!:

Love my animals.. but thinking when they croak, will chose a hairless cat next time LOL

I have three Springer Spaniels....I don't know how I ever managed without my Dyson. I have considered hoovering the dogs rather than the carpets :lol:. It seems no sooner have I hoovered than everywhere is covered in fur again......why did I think cream carpet was a good idea?:eek:

The Little Beauty Room said:
I have the same problem - two long haired border collies. Of course I like the long haired one's too.

Hoover every day and the best thing we ever bought was our Dyson Hoover -how sad, couldn't live without it now.

sarahp said:
I have three Springer Spaniels....I don't know how I ever managed without my Dyson. I have considered hoovering the dogs rather than the carpets :lol:. It seems no sooner have I hoovered than everywhere is covered in fur again......why did I think cream carpet was a good idea?:eek:
I have to admit i have hoovered my dog.. all she does is lay there rolls over and bits the hoover when i stop..

i have a rottie and hes shedding at the moment ...OH MY GOD hairs abserloutly everywhere,i also have two cats (although one has dissapered again),i even have hairs in my cups when i take them clean out of the cupboard:eek:
i was ment to buy a new brush today one of those metal ones,he likes a good scratch! but i compleatly forgot ,he had a bristle one ,but it just vanished ,we think he may have ate it !!!!
we bathed him last night ,and there was even hairs stuck to my wall on the other side of the bathroom ewwwwww
driving me bonkers

my god you lot, you could be onto a great thing here- manufacturing wigs, you would make a forture!

There are special attachments for hoovers so that you can brush the dog and hoover it at the same time....didnt make any difference with my dog though...she moulted all year round and I could have knitted another dog with what came off her....I am surprised she managed to keep such thick fur with amount she lost:eek:

Latest posts

Back