Illegal from June to offer more than a 14% tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I replied in the other thread I want to see where this information has come from. I don't see how it can be true to be honest.

Catherine's post links to articles on the Fresh Indulgence site (they only make under 12% so don't promote the use of higher DHA solutions) so I would like to see the informaion on an unbiased site/link.

I have soo many questions:
Where have Fresh Indulgence got this info from?
Who will enforce the ban of higher DHA solutions?
What will happen to those who continue to use high DHA solutions?
Who would we report high DHA use to?
What are the reasons for banning high DHA solutions (my clients will want to know this)?

I'm with you in this Baggybear as I have googled it and the only place I can seem to find this is on the Fresh Indulgence website. Surely Habia would know about this or other spray tan companies?? Fresh Indulgence haven't listed their source for the information so how do we know this is true?

So they will have to stop manufacturing booster drops too as they are a high DHA and you'll will not be able to ensure your haven't boosted something to over 14%

Can I ask what colour the clients come out that have 16/20% I go orange and streaky if I use anything over a 10!!

So they will have to stop manufacturing booster drops too as they are a high DHA and you'll will not be able to ensure your haven't boosted something to over 14%

Can I ask what colour the clients come out that have 16/20% I go orange and streaky if I use anything over a 10!!

I use Nouvatan and have had no clients turn orange. This is a golden colour rather than brown xx

Hi geeks, so I've just read a comment on a post from Catherine (fresh indulgence) to say anything more than a 14% spray tan is illegal from next month, any info?

I use la tan 18% & la fast tan 20% so what will happen then - will la tan stop selling these?

I know last year I read a few bits on salon geek to say no more than a 14% was recommended but it didn't anywhere state it was the law & from June 2013 that it was illegal!

Grrrr I'm not happy if this is true! x
Just heard this from Fresh Indulgence (who never went above this anyway). Over the moon.

Just heard this from Fresh Indulgence (who never went above this anyway). Over the moon.

You're right but they sell booster drops for those who want to go darker

There was a hype about this last year. It's rediculous. The article that was posted last year was with regards to the spray tanning booths and that they wouldn't be spraying more than 14%. It said nothing about spray tanning in tents etc.

I won't believe it till I see real proof and not just statements on a website from a company that states other companies are wrong selling 14% and promoting themselves in the meantime.

[QUOTE=Nails

Where do fresh indulgence state selling over 14% is wrong?

The fact the reputable tanning companies are silent on here speaks volumes to me.Its what's not being said I will listen to....load of tosh!!:lick:

You're right but they sell booster drops for those who want to go darker
Good point lol. Anyway, who says FI aren't reputable. I for one love their tans and find them super helpful. Also I find their regular emails a great source of info or clients with tips etc.

It was in their thread last year when they stated that using 14% and over is dangerous and that they would never offer over 14% and that tanning companies are irresponsible by offering higher percentages.

If a company is going to post such info on their websites for all to see then they need the research and information to back it up. It's all being dragged back up again and there is no real info to say that this is true. Well none that I can find anyway.

Just seen this and as its supposed to be LAW from June i think We would of heard about it, and we have nt, Neither have 2 of the other companies who manufacture solution who we speak to regularly. Total Mystery to Us.
Maybe Cathrine would like to tell us how she got this information and why is it that no other tanning company in the uk has been informed of this change in the law ??

It was in their thread last year when they stated that using 14% and over is dangerous and that they would never offer over 14% and that tanning companies are irresponsible by offering higher percentages.

If a company is going to post such info on their websites for all to see then they need the research and information to back it up. It's all being dragged back up again and there is no real info to say that this is true. Well none that I can find anyway.
I've never heard them say it was dangerous just that it was not necessary.

Just seen this and as its supposed to be LAW from June i think We would of heard about it, and we have nt, Neither have 2 of the other companies who manufacture solution who we speak to regularly. Total Mystery to Us.
Maybe Cathrine would like to tell us how she got this information and why is it that no other tanning company in the uk has been informed of this change in the law ??
We only got the email tonight Steve so hey obviously heard and notified all their clients. I do feel sorry for people who have loads of product over 14%, including wholesales and manufacturers. Selfishly I am thrilled I now have a reason to support my refusal to spray Lilly white people super dark!

This is what Catherine has said today:

Please be careful about tying up too much money in these super dark tanning solutions. These will become illegal to use on your clients from June, and for good reason.

This article is quite old now but explains why we have never offered products with such high percentages of chemicals, or there's a brief update here.

Here is the link to the thread where she said it:
http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/218973-need-dark-spray-tan-quick.html

We only got the email tonight Steve so hey obviously heard and notified all their clients. I do feel sorry for people who have loads of product over 14%, including wholesales and manufacturers. Selfishly I am thrilled I now have a reason to support my refusal to spray Lilly white people super dark!
All you have is Fresh Indulgence say so.

No links to any credible external info have been provided even though they have been asked for. I am shocked that only 1 tanning company has heard about this new law yet they have provided no back up info or links to a place with credible info.

Giving links to their own site just isn't good enough.

For example I can write on my website that there is a new law that all brown eyed people will have to pay an extra 20% on all eye tests starting in August - that doesn't make it true.

I would need to provide links to a credible source where I got that information. Fresh Indulgence are not providing this and therefore it appears to be a marketing ploy to scare the life out of people using other companies solutions with higher DHA.

Seems odd that one company is saying that whilst every other one is actively promoting newer darker etc...also one company's 14% is another companies 12% etc

I don't believe it as laws take ages to pass!! Therefore other tanning companies and professionals would of heard about it. And surely salon geek would be one of the first places to discuss it?

If there was an EU Directive which was to halt the sale/use of products over 14% DHA then they would have sent out information to advise of this months ago with a date on which this was to cease.

Not true.

If there was an EU Directive which was to halt the sale/use of products over 14% DHA then they would have sent out information to advise of this months ago with a date on which this was to cease.

Not true.
Thank you for your take on this Mrs VANITY, so thats 4 spray tan companies who produce 1000s of litres a year who have heard nothing about this new LAW our phones will be so busy tomorow reasuring people that they are not going to go to prison, just for making people look good. :irked::irked:

Has anyone heard of this new spray tan law with regards to solution strength?
It will be against the law as of June to use anything higher than 14% DHA

Who's heard this and what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back