I'm a servant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlalouise

Reaction score
Just had a lady book in for a manicure, for our diary I asked for her full name and she said " you don't need my first name, you call me Mrs, this a service and your serving me therefore you address me in the correct manner"

Gob smacked! Ha ha

I would have replied: 'well Mrs, without your full name you will not be booking in for any services with me, so your full name is?'

O god some people these days!
We had similar gob smack with a client that didn't understand plain English. Feel like banging head against the wall.

Just had a lady book in for a manicure, for our diary I asked for her full name and she said " you don't need my first name, you call me Mrs, this a service and your serving me therefore you address me in the correct manner"

Gob smacked! Ha ha

Well if "Mrs" doesn't like giving her name. She most certainly won't like completing a client consultation!!!! Lol xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I fully understand her wanting to be addressed as "Mrs" throughout the service, I always ask clients how they prefer to be addressed. However, I don't think there was any need for her to be so rude about it! I would have explained it's just for her record card, and that you would of course be addressing her in her preferred manner.

Gob smacked! Ha ha

How rude! Honestly, though, nothing surprises me with the public these days!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Have you given her your name? If you hadnt before, Id tell her you are Miss or Mrs...(your surname) ;) xx

For some of my clients I am no more than the hired help.
That sad, whilst I'm in the service industry I choose not to be servile, but I always refer to new clients on the phone as Mr/Mrs as they have not yet given me permission to use their first name.

If someone addresses themselves to me as Mrs XXX then I call them Mrs XXX until such time as they give me their first name and even then, I always ask their permission before using it.

Old fashioned? perhaps, servile? absolutely not. Just good manners and respect for the client.

Not everyone wants to be called by their first name by a complete stranger and many clients prefer to build a relationship first.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it although I wouldn't want to be spoken to like that and would make the point that I only want their first name for consultation purposes and wouldn't use it otherwise.

PB
x

She was an older lady and the area I'm in is quite affluent so she probably does have servants. I wasn't bothered it just made me smile when she left. If she asks me my name I'm going to say Lady Carla :)

Ok I will call you mrs grumpy :/

I have client who last month insisted on being addressed as Lady Altrincham. This month she's gone up a notch and calls herself Queen Altrincham. I call her Queenie instead. She's in her 80's and is just messing about. Love her to bits!

She was an older lady and the area I'm in is quite affluent so she probably does have servants. I wasn't bothered it just made me smile when she left. If she asks me my name I'm going to say Lady Carla :)

This made me laugh... Lady Carla you are too funny! Personally I love someone calling me Mrs HappyFeet (you know what I mean) but that's only because I get a buzz out of being my husbands wife... Don't worry it'll wear off we've only been married 2 years. However I would not insist or expect anyone to call me Mrs but I would insist and expect politeness with regards to someone's manner and a jolly good treatment. Jeez I'd love whether someone calls me Mrs to be so important in my life over all the other crappy things that happen to us mere mortals. Manners cost nothing but I believe that works both ways and doesn't hinge on whether or not someone is called Mrs. ;)

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a couple of clients that I address as Mrs ---- . It doesn't bother me, nor do I find it demeaning. One client I've done for donkeys years and I don't have a clue what her first name is.
It's only a big deal if you let it become one.

Be sure to curtsy and call her "madarrm" when she enters the room. And to stand up whenever she does.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

For some of my clients I am no more than the hired help.
That sad, whilst I'm in the service industry I choose not to be servile, but I always refer to new clients on the phone as Mr/Mrs as they have not yet given me permission to use their first name.

We are servants to people who view it in that way and I 1000% agree with Lynne's post. They all come round in time with good client care and attention and minus the 'attitude'.

I have a couple of clients that I address as Mrs ---- . It doesn't bother me, nor do I find it demeaning. One client I've done for donkeys years and I don't have a clue what her first name is.
It's only a big deal if you let it become one.

How comes?? Do you not have consultations with clients before accepting them? Or record cards? My insurance company (Babtac) require them. :confused:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Have any of you ever heard of "taking the high road"?

EARN the respect of your clients and they won't ask you to call them Mrs. But there is nothing wrong with Mrs. ..... Mrs!

The world really lacks respect u can make ur service amazing by showing care and respect to who ever it is yes we are a service industry. But with the right attitude towards ur clients sometimes these client turn out to be the best clients and the ones u bend over backward to do.

How comes?? Do you not have consultations with clients before accepting them? Or record cards? My insurance company (Babtac) require them. :confused:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Seeing a name on a CRC and being given permission to use it are 2 different things. Plus, I can guarantee that Lynne, one of our most respected professionals here on SG, always has a CRC for every client without exception. She, as I, would always ask permission to use a person,s first name; it is not a given, it is a privilege. It's something called good manners.

Latest posts

Back