I'm going mad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lancslass

Reaction score
ok girlies i need your help got a black sofa coming soon picture below

dfs | think sofas think dfs

As i know you are all really creative please can some one advise me what colour sceme i should paint my living room as my head is now hurting

does any one know any good places to buy modern wall paper from im googled out

Please help

I think a feature wall with a silvery /gray design but can not find any thing i like and dont want to live in a complete grey room .....

I like how they have it all in the picture, well the sofa and lamp,
all you would need to do then is find some nice black and white paper for the feature wall and paint the rest of the walls white,
then as it gets colder later in the year add some touches of red like cushions to warm the room up.
That's the best i can come up with at this time of night hun :lol:

hey ... i bought some similar cushions in b&q as per the pic they are grey/silver and black and look fantastic

im sure they had some great wall papers similar for feature walls babe !

kx

thanks girlies

it looks like im gonna have to have some kind of white but dont really want to

oh why did i start this bloody project

i never lear i should decorate then look at furniture

go off white / creamy babe so its not so harsh ?

i have deepish red sofa's - with cream mo ... whatever those yumptious cushions are called, those black and silver/grey cushions (which i also have 3 matching candles) and creamy walls - looks divine even if i say so myself:lol: and im not creative at all (excuse the pun) i have wooden floors and my fireplace is wooden surround with black slate back and chrome fire thingy)

creamy walls makes it softer not so stark looking - blends it in nicely - i hav a slightly deeper cream/biscuit colour on the bottom half ... gosh this now sounding hideous lol

you get what i mean huh - there are so many warmer off white / creamy colours babe no need for pure white

kx

thanks girlies

it looks like im gonna have to have some kind of white but dont really want to

oh why did i start this bloody project

i never lear i should decorate then look at furniture

why not a nice 'pale cream' ...bit warmer than white...you could team it up with some bold printed canvass pics on the walls or ONE wall wallpaperd in a 'heavy print' wallpaper.

have fun hunting around

i to have a beech fire surround with light in it black marble hearth and silver fire and back how strange

lol

i could do with linda barker coming for tea or 60 min make over lol

got the picture amb massive ones in black and i want the bold feature wall but cant find the paper

i have a colour called calico, by erm, cant remember, not crown, the other ones... dulux?

its a fantastic colour. A cool cream/white, so will probs go with silver, greay and black and white.

My friend just bought wallpaper for a feature fall and its the same as the pattern on the lamp.
Im not sure where she got it from but it was either glynn web, B&Q, homebase or wilkinsons....wish i could narrow it down but i cant lol they are the only 4 places we have that sell wallpaper.

Anyhoo she has done the other walls white and then bought cerise cushions, long stem flowers chenile throws, some gorgeous pictures with cerise flowers and blck frame and a few little nic naks to go on the cill and it looks lovely.

It didnt cost that much so when she gets bored and wants to change the colour she can and little expence.

Dont be afraid of colour!!!

I am a painter and decorator by trade.. and in all my 15 yrs experiance the one thing i noticed was people were afraid of colour.. with a black couch you can do anything..

you can keep it modern and monotone.. whites/grey/black and then add splashes of colour.. earth tones and fire tones go fatastic in modern settings..

feature walls on the walls that direct the eye sre still very cool.. and suede effect is amazing when mixed with flat colours on the other walls..

a great tip for suede effect that saves heaps of $$ is to throw in about 8 cups of fine paving sand to any old paint you have laying around.. then after an inital coat, criss cross the second coat with your brush.. match the feature wall by painting the same colour on old vases.. artist canvas for pictures on the flat walls.. wooden storage boxes.. go crazy...

mix and match materials that have the same tones as throw pillows and blankets..
I love going through second hand shops and buying old long stemmed champaine wine glasses and turning them upside down and securing gorgeous candles with a drop of wax to them.. mixed with other old glasses they give a gorgeous shabby look..

find an old plate or cup.. picture whatever ..that you love.. use the colours from that to design your room.. my house is just one big explosion of colours and materials yet it all gets brought together by one or two things.. in my case its wrought iron and painted wood..

lastly.. bring the outside in.. use any matter of sticks and foliage to transform your room and organza long drapery draws your eyes to windows..

oo oo oo.. another thing i have just done is on huge circles of canvas.. (and these are seriously cheap in places like spotlight) I cut up old photos of my family.. kids, me, friends that i printed off in black and white.. i stuck them to the canvas.. just layering them and then when they were dry painted a clear sealant on them.. hung on the wall they look amazing and its a great way to show off old pics that normally get bought out once a year..

omg have fun!!! im having so much fun thinking of the possibilities!!

I got my sofa from dfs, infact its the hemingway from the linda barker range
dfs | think sofas think dfs this one
Wish i had saved my money! the zips have had to be mended, the under side is like a felt and has stretched and started to thin and all in under 3 years.

It was alot dearer than the price shown as well as i paid for scotch guard and insurance on it...which is useless as when i tried to use it they said it didnt cover zips??? :mad:

Think im going for cheap next time lol

As i was going to say, i always had a cream on the upper of the walls and something darker on the bottom and the chimney breast...that was untill a month or so ago when i decided to do the chimney breasy and under the dado in a rich red/wine, pretty much same colour as the cushions you can see.

oo oo oo.. another thing i have just done is on huge circles of canvas.. (and these are seriously cheap in places like spotlight) I cut up old photos of my family.. kids, me, friends that i printed off in black and white.. i stuck them to the canvas.. just layering them and then when they were dry painted a clear sealant on them.. hung on the wall they look amazing and its a great way to show off old pics that normally get bought out once a year..

omg have fun!!! im having so much fun thinking of the possibilities!!

oooh i sooo love this idea !! , can i ask what sort of sealent you would use though ???, coz knowing me i would use PVA glue and it would go crappy , hahahaa :lol:

oooh i sooo love this idea !! , can i ask what sort of sealent you would use though ???, coz knowing me i would use PVA glue and it would go crappy , hahahaa :lol:

as long as its a clear acrylic sealant for art it will be fine.. you can get it in spray can form.. or pot/brush form.. its so much fun and looks great!

3 next to eachother looks really effective.. but you can do it on anything.

i glued the pics down with a paint on resin.. pva is ok but can yellow.

aww cheers hun , i can see me going to the art shop later , lol xxxx

Homebase have some lovely paper, we got ours from there.

Homebase - www.homebase.co.uk

Also a trick my sister did. Buy large canvases and paint with a base colour of your choice. Stick on strips of double sided sticky tape (different thicknesses). Peel of the paper to reveal the sticky and lay on silver leaf. The leaf will stick to the tape but not the canvas. You end up with a big canvases painted your choice of colour with strips of silver leaf. It looks amazing.

i have a colour called calico, by erm, cant remember, not crown, the other ones... dulux?

I have that colour on all my walls.. its called 'Natural Calico' by Dulux...

Its a fantastic colour... its like a cream.. but unlike most creams.. its doesnt have that horrible yellow tone.....

hi guys so may ideas im really greatful

i have just looked st the colour of natural calico and looks similar to colour we have now funnt enough do you think this would go with paper thats a colour like gray or silver ????????

Vicki your sister is a brilliant creative person and would love her to design my interior

i think home base are having a sale this weekend as well

quite like this paper

Homebase - Make a House a Home

Latest posts

Back