I'm thinking of buying a Konad stamper kit, what are your views?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd even say go for Minx as it requires more than 2 brain cells to apply it and it stays for weeks.

i haven`t tried out this stamping thing but one of my co-workers has. it looked pretty cute but she told me it wasn`t possible to do this on my customers since it takes too long time to dry since customers are thightly booked in after another.

I don't like it :) to me it's a cheap option to have a cheap deco.

how can you really price that? whereas offering something unique can be, objectively, priced higher than a common set.

anybody can buy a Konad kit.

Obviously, this type of nail art in no way compares to the artistic talents of a tech such as yourself - I love your creations and look to the skill involved as something to aim for in the future. But there is a market for simple motifs like the Konad kit offers and it and it can be very profitable. Remember, some people will admire a Picasso or a Rembrant but would never aspire to own one.

I hope that one day my skills will be up to creating wonderfully original designs and that I can also find the clients willing to pay to wear them, but until then........

I have one and I have bought extra image plates. I am not in the slightest bit artistic but find I can make some pretty designs with konad. You can even put rhinestones in the middle which in my opinion looks lovely. Ok its not the most difficult thing to do but there is an art in it!! is it just me or do some of the designs just not want to pick up. I have given up on a few of the designs because only half or none of it picks up. I have discovered that using 2 0r 3 different colours in the larger designs looks quite pretty.

Someone mentioned displaying the nails you have created with Konad as a sort of design display. I came up with using the nails I practised on with my nail trainer which I didn't submit to EN. The only thing is, because of the sticky out bit on the back, its hard to display them, so I punched holes in some heavy duty black card and have poked the nails through the holes. underneath I have noted what colour varnish I have used and what number motif i have used.
Happy stamping and be prepared for lots of mess!!!! when I scrape the varnish off, I get it everywhere even if I have kitchen roll underneath.

I'd even say go for Minx as it requires more than 2 brain cells to apply it and it stays for weeks.
Correct me If I am wrong, but this comment added with the other post you made comes across as anyone who uses a Konad kit Basically has no more than 2 brain cells !!!

Well if that is the case...then call me stupid !
Because today I decided to try mine again,
And personally I find it really hard to use , I find placing them and knowing where the hell I am going with the stamper awkward, me and my friend played for about half an hour trying to come up with a way of making sure, I had it in exactly the same place on each nail...

Now I have all the patience in the world with l+p and 3d art....yet give me the Konad and I loose my patience to the point of having a hot flush !

My friend had a flower design on every nail AND LOVED IT !
I can totally see how this kit can be profitable and easy to use if application is right...
I would maybe charge in my area, 50p per nail...would take me if I didn't mess about ,approx 2 minutes to do 2 nails with a stamper flower incl top coat...£30 per hour !!!

Whether it is easy or not doesn't matter about charging or not.
Anybody can buy their own..nail stickers...skinny nail art brushes, Gems,
and even their own Enhancement kits.....They still come to me instead and it
Doesn't mean I wont charge for it !:lol:

If they choose to come to me, and choose to ask me for a service then they are willing to pay...
Not everybody can afford the added cost of 3d nail art...or an intricate painted design...
They just want something flat...simple but just SOMETHING !!

My mate today said these were perfect for her, as 3d flowers catch in her grand daughters hair when she is doing that,
The stickers she chose last time eventually peeled on a petal, so she loves this ...

Not everybody is the same or needs to be the same...

I for one am thinking of persevering with my konad kit now...I think it can have its place in the salon x

I would just like to say I have a kit and love it my clients love it two. yes it can be a bit tricky at times but once you get the hang of it you can make so nice designs . I have one client who has her nails done every two weeks and she want some different art on them every two weeks and without this kit I would struggle to come up with ideas ,she loves the attention she gets people have commented on her nails and she said her work mates cant wait to see what she will have next.

Well iv bought one now anyway so im going to have a go,eventually i want to be in the same luege as emms but a long way yet! havnt even done acrylic yet so thats next year hopefully.So in the meantime i like having a play with all the bits i can, yes you can make some lovely designs with konad by adding a gem or something and yes anybody can buy them but they dont look as good if they havnt been placed on a proffessionally made nail,so us pros using them should look more the part then the average joe from down the road who did them.happy stamping guys!! p.s i will be trying minx aswell!

Correct me If I am wrong, but this comment added with the other post you made comes across as anyone who uses a Konad kit Basically has no more than 2 brain cells !!! 2 brain cells to understand how it works. 2 brain cells to make it work.

Well if that is the case...then call me stupid ! I wouldn't do so, who am I?
Because today I decided to try mine again,
And personally I find it really hard to use , I find placing them and knowing where the hell I am going with the stamper awkward, me and my friend played for about half an hour trying to come up with a way of making sure, I had it in exactly the same place on each nail...

Now I have all the patience in the world with l+p and 3d art....yet give me the Konad and I loose my patience to the point of having a hot flush ! well, me too! and that is also why I hate it. with l&p I know exactly what will come up and how and everything. whereas with this "hobby" thing, you never know, as you said, where to put the stamper to have all the designs at the same places etc. to me this shows that it has been created for ppl who just do it one themselves at home and have the TIME to take it off, and start again as many times as needed/wanted. for a business, it just cannot be the same!

My friend had a flower design on every nail AND LOVED IT !
I can totally see how this kit can be profitable and easy to use if application is right...
I would maybe charge in my area, 50p per nail...would take me if I didn't mess about ,approx 2 minutes to do 2 nails with a stamper flower incl top coat...£30 per hour !!! yeah but it's 50p... it takes me 5 mins to do a nail, stiletto, with basic nail art inlayed... do you see where I'm going? and it's gonna be priced like... £100 a full set, which can be made in one hour, basic design. (I know you need the clients for that)

Whether it is easy or not doesn't matter about charging or not. it is not exactly my point. l&p as mentionned above is easy for me... and charged high. whether anybody can buy it ALL and do the same thing at home and basically even let a kid play with, is to me something wrong.
Anybody can buy their own..nail stickers...skinny nail art brushes, Gems,
and even their own Enhancement kits.....They still come to me instead and it
Doesn't mean I wont charge for it !:lol: thank god for that!! lol.

If they choose to come to me, and choose to ask me for a service then they are willing to pay...
Not everybody can afford the added cost of 3d nail art...or an intricate painted design...
They just want something flat...simple but just SOMETHING !! stripers/liners... those (at least here) are for professionals only.. and the designs are less limited...

My mate today said these were perfect for her, as 3d flowers catch in her grand daughters hair when she is doing that, that's why I inlay them too ;)
The stickers she chose last time eventually peeled on a petal, so she loves this ... stickers just blow like many cheap things.

Not everybody is the same or needs to be the same...

I for one am thinking of persevering with my konad kit now...I think it can have its place in the salon x
it can. but the added value is less important, and to me it remains quite childish. sorry if I offended you with my 2 brain cell things, I don't want you to think I see myself as more clever or what.

it can. but the added value is less important, and to me it remains quite childish. sorry if I offended you with my 2 brain cell things, I don't want you to think I see myself as more clever or what.

Hy hun,
you are totally entitled to your oppinion and that I respect..I'm not 100% keen on it yet.
I even said to my mate yesterday "if anyone asks where you got these done, remember to tell them...................it wasn't me, because I can't be bothered trying this again"
In a jokey way of course. but I was getting really frustrated lol...

I was just pointing out how your comment came accross x.

I don't see you as thinking you're more clever lol...not in a bad way anyway.
I see you as being very helpful on this site...always willing to share with others, thats fab hun..

I have just re-read what I wrote and where I said
"well call me stupid then!"
It reads like I said it in a sarcastic or nasty way.....
I didn't ..If I was speaking out loud, It would have been said in the same way as like "well tickle me with a feather" or erm...."well blow me down"
I don't know if you know how the phrases are said out loud though :confused:
:lol:

And you are so right about stilletos and inlayed art being more profitable...but..My clients have seen me wearing them, and not only do they say "oooo they are nice but I could never wear them" they also wou ldn't pay for it...
I would love to be able to charge £100 for my nails...god I would be in heaven lol..
x

I have one that I brought when I went to the Beauty show last year and I used it while I was doing treatments during my NVQ3 course, but now its packed away in my nail art box along with all my other nail art stuff.

At this rate it will be no good to use again.

I use mine all the time, i love it, my clients love it and my 2 brain cells love it!!

I have one and starting to love it, but when I recently purchased it I was having difficulty as they say it has a learning curve.

Im thinking of buying a smallish kit but i wanted some upto date views on them.Iv search threads but they seem old on here so is there any changed views on them now please?
As anyone got one they dont want for sale {not a massive one as they too many pennies} PM me.
Thanks any advice appreciated xx
Hi, I bought a Konad S Kit, I hate it, it drives me mad!! Im a mere Nail Essentials Trainee!! So its maybe just me bein a novice but i find cetain ones ok most of them Rubbish, The varnish never seems to go on dark enough for my liking! I spent a fortune and dont tend to even look at them, Id happily send you a spare stamper, a polish & couple of plates for you 2 make up ur own mind but theyre defo not for me!! Send me ur name n addy PM n i'll pop them in the post my compliments!!

Bought one of these kits in Florida, and i think it is the best thing ever!

It took a few practice goes, but when it works, the effects are amazing. You can layer delicate designs on top of each other, it's dry immediately, doesnt peel off as not a transfer. I cant think of a better way of getting such delicate designs.

You have to use either Konad's nail polishes, or others that are very thick or the colours dont show up well with normal enamel. Glitter polish won't work either.

I do find that the pinl in the kit is the lightest colour, but if you put a top coat on, it 'magnifies' the colour and makes it stand out more. (Be careful not to drag the design with the top coat as it may smudge - that bit takes practice too.

I have had this kit for over a year and have used it loads.

Like anything in this industry, practice makes perfect. You will get to know your own best way of using it. You have to be quick to pick up the design out of the stensil, but once it is on the rubber stamp, you can take your time to ensure it is in the right place.

Hope that helps

Kathryn

I bought a kit some time ago and could never get the knack but whilst in Florida a few weeks ago, a girl in the Florida Mall was selling them and she showed me a few tricks and when I came home I got my kit out and tried again and find it so easy now :) It is a quick and easy way to get a delicate design on a nail and I love it, much better than stickers and fun to do :)

Latest posts

Back