In need of a little Geek love & support

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just sending love to you and your family. xxx

Sending you a hug Baggy. There is never a good time to suffer a loss in the family. Take each day as it comes, one at a time and do what feels right when the time comes regarding telling the children. Hugs xxx

Oh baggybear, my heart breaks for you truly it does. I've been there lost both parents over Christmas...and my dad was the same sick for a very long time and was in so much pain and everyday was a blessing that he was alive. When the call came I realised that no matter how prepared you are, you realise your not. He hung on till Boxing day bless him. I have no words of comfort for you, but children do pick up on whatever you try to hide from them. Only you know your kids the best and you should do whatever feels right for you xxx

you and your family are in my thoughts at this time lovie xxx

I'm so sorry BB, it must be a horribly anxious time for you all. I hope your Dad can go peacefully. :sad:

I kind of numbed out when my Dad died, so that I didn't have to feel it. Look after yourself. :hug:

So sorry to hear this!

I went through a very similar thing with my grandfather a few years ago. My dad is an only child so we were very close to his parents. My grandfather was diognosed with lung cancer and died a week before my wedding. I was crushed to say the least. The only thing that helped me out of my grief was that he knew I loved him and I knew he loved me. I cherrish all of my memories of him and often talk over them with my grandmother.

He may be gone from the earth, but not from anyone's heart, and he never will be!

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family!

My heart goes out to you, Baggybear. :hug:

Baggy, I'm so very sorry. I can only imagine how you must feel....it must be an emotional maelstrom.

To face such sadness at this time of year is confusing because the world around you is happy. It'd be hard not to be bitter.

I wish your father a peaceful departure, Baggy. And I wish you peace, as well.

All my love to you and your family.

Baggy, that's really sad news, I'm so sorry and I can totally empathise with you. We lost my FIL to a brain tumour on Christmas Eve, 3 years ago. My son at the time was coming up to 5. He knew that Grandad had been ill (diagnosed in the August and got progressively worse) but telling him his beloved grandfather had gone to heaven was one of the most difficult things I have ever done. Having said that, I'm glad I did it straight away. He was a bit sad, mainly for my husband (he's a sensitive soul). Unfortunately he lost one of his friends from having been a baby to exactly the same thing earlier in the year, so we'd already had to explain in quite simple terms about heaven.
Bizarrely, Christmas day that year was actually quite "normal" for a couple of reasons: it hadn't quite sunk in yet and we knew he would not want Christmas for our son to be ruined. So it gave us a focus, which helped us all, particularly my MIL.
As others have said, you know your children better than anyone and whatever you do will be the right thing. They are a lot more intuitive than we give them credit for and sometimes, young children in particular deal better with these kinds of situations as long as you give them some simple information because unlike adults, emotions are not as developed so they process things more logically.

Good luck with your journey, it will be tough but from what I've seen, you're strong and will get through it admirably.

x

Thinking of you baggy. Sending you love and support xxx

Sending you lots of love and hugs! xo.

Just another message of support, I can't really add anything else that hasn't been said by one of the other Geeks on the thread x :hug:

Sending you hugs and prayers Baggy xx

Oh Sweetie, my heart is breaking for you. There is not much I can add to what has already been said apart from telling your children, obviously you know what is best for them but will they be OK with you keeping it from them? When they are older they may be upset that you did not let them know at the time and give them the opportunity to share in the family loss. I know I would be upset if my mum did this, even if it is to protect me. You need your family close at this time and as already said, Christmasses come and go but family is forever.

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time and I will light a candle for him. I do hope that he passes peacefully and without any more pain.
Big loves and hugs for you and yours

Thinking about you , and wishing you and yours the strength to get through this tough time as best you can

I'm so sorry Baggybear. :hug::hug: to you and your family, I'm keeping everything crossed that everything goes smoothly but we are all here if you need us xxx

Sorry to hear this, and along with everyone else I really feel for you.
There is never a good time of year to lose a loved one, and unfortunately as much as we want to be all things to all people, something has to give !
I think your older children will be of great support to you, and if the worst does happen you will all as a family pull together to keep it as special as possible for the young ones.

In amongst it all, you can always escape here for a bit of support, and definitely you have plenty of that, or just to focus on something else for a while.

:hug:

Sending you hugs xxxx hope he passes peacefully, must be so hard for you all xxx

**Update** My dad had a good night last night and has managed to eat more than usuall AND he walked unaided from the livingroom back to his bedroom (after they had been rearranging the room and installing a new adjustable bed for him) so he shocked everyone including the nurses.

I have my fingers crossed he can hold out for just a bit longer and have one last Christmas with us.

I am trying hard to stay busy and not allow myself to think about things TOO much although I have allowed myself to cry and have been in touch with my best friend to talk about things.

I still can't seperate my feelings out and label everything that I am feeling but I have gone a little numb and my brain just seems to be partly switched off (I can't remember things like I usually do and I find myself aimlessly walking about trying to remember what I was going for/doing/meaning to buy etc...).

I know they say people pick up before they go too so am weary of dad's behaviour (first paragraph) but am trying not to think too much about it all.

I have managed to keep my appointments so far but have told my close clients that are due appointments over the weekend that I may have to cancel and that if they wish to rebook elsewhere to ensure they get their services done I would not mind. So far they have all decided to stay with me and are hoping I can do the appointments. Thankfully I have booked only a handful of very regulars in after this weekend as I wanted to spend Christmas & new year with my kids and family.

Thanks for the update and all fingers and toes crossed for you. Feeling numb is natures way of helping you to cope with what is happening, a blessing in disguise love.

Latest posts

Back