Ive had my appendix out!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoticeableNails

Glitter Geek!
Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Missed you all.

Ive been away because I was rushed into hospital on Sunday with appendicitis. (not that I knew at the time! lol):eek:
My appendix was removed on Monday and unfortunately they were unable to do keyhole, so I have a large wound.
I came home yesterday and I am feeling much more comfortable. I'm also sleeping better.

I was just wondering how many other geeks are missing appendix?

How long do you think I'll need of work?

I have heard good things about bio-oil for scars, so I am thinking of using it myself. When should i start using it?

gosh, hope you are recovering well!
bio oil is excellent thought id ask your doctor about when it would be ok to use,
sending you lots of recovery :hug: s xx xx

What a shock for you! hope you feel better soon. :hug:

I would suggest that you could use the Bio Oil no earlier than 6 months post surgery. I had keyhole surgery last year and it took a few months for the scars to totally heal and lose all redness. You wouldn't want anything to interfere with the natural process to begin with. After that go for it. But just to be on the safe side it would certainly be worth checking with your GP first.
HTH.

Gosh how horrible for you Jo... I wish you a speedy recovery and send you lots of hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you guys for the well wishes
:hug:

Ah! Jo you poor thing!!

I'm glad you're more comfortable now! Big :hug:

Teri x:hug:

Oh hun sending you big hugs. :hug: :hug: Hope you make a very quick recovery!!

Almost had mine out a couple of years back but turned out it was Ecoli.:eek: Got me ready for operation three times, very scary was nervous wreck in the end.:cry: So know it ain't a nice experience. :hug: Glad ya back though & take it easy!!!

omg how awful for you
I had mine out a few years ago was at work and felt terrible was in agony rang drs told me to go to bed with a hot water bottle and a paracetamol, turned out my appendix were ready to burst my dad rushed me to hospital and within half an hour was in theatre. I was very sore after if i remember it took me 7 weeks before i could go back to work as it was very very tender almost as bad as the op itself.

Hope you get better soon sweet
Debbiex

awwww hun sending you lots of these :hug: :hug:

I had my appendix out A year ago now, I was rushed in and was in surgery within a few hours :eek: I also couldnt have mind done through key hole as my appendix was really really 'bad' as the surgen put it!lol
I had also a big cut I was in for about 3 days as i still had a very high temp and got a chest infection, I have got quite a high pain threshold but jesus did it hurt i couldnt even get myself out of bed or walk around proply for about a week and a half :eek: How are u finding the pain? Also after i came out of hospital after a few days i went to see my GP so she could look at the wound and it was infected so had to go on antibiotics, so just keep an eye on it or go see your GP in a few days :)

Anyway onto the scar, Mine has faded alot at cant really see it that much now I didnt put any sort or oil or cream, so I imagine if you use Bio Oil it will help alot. HTH a bit! lol
And hope you are feeling better soon :) xxx

ooh erh jo hope your ok hun and on the mend :hug: :hug:

Aaaawwww big hugs hopin you get better soon!

As for the scar, dont use Bio Oil on it until all the redness and soreness has gone, as the oil could irratate it!

Try using Palmers butter around the area, to keep the surrounding skin supple, so that the scar doesnt get too tight and start to itch.

There is a new Palmers Butter with Extra Virgin Oil in it, its organic aswell, worth a try me thinks!

When I had mine out this is the process I went through, paying extra attention to the surrounding area so it didnt go tight and itchy! Bio Oil wasnt around when I had mine out, but it is meant to help fade scars!

hth's xx

Hi NN,

I'm fortunate to still have mine.
I hope you get better soon.:hug:

ooh hun hope you are ok , :hug: xx

Gosh Jo, poor you! Have heard brilliant things about the Bio oil, it's meant to be wonderful stuff isn't it. I'd check with the Dr. first when it's OK to start using it. Sending you :hug: :hug: and hoping you're feeling OK and comfortable enough to get a good night's sleep! xx

Wishing you a good recovery, yes I hear bio oil is excellent for reducing scar redness. Well worth a try. xx

Still got mine, get well soon hun, sending lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: just for you x

Hi Jo

Hope your ok hun and feel better soon. Take it easy and give yourself time to get over it.

:hug::hug:

How wierd is that, I was thinking about you the other day lol! Glad you are ok, even if smarting a bit!

glad you are ok:hug:

me and jen had lunch yesterday and where saying we hadnt heard from you for a while

Get well soon Jo.

Latest posts

Back