keeping rhinestones on toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deby

Reaction score
i have had a client the other day she had polish on her toes and rhinestones on her big ones a few hours later she rang me to say they had gone funnty round the rhinestones ........... i had glued the stones on to the polish then gone over with clear top coat ......... i dont usualy glue the rhinestones but the lady was sayin a dont want these to come of and did ask me to glue them . The glue must not of been dry when i when over with clear polish.

How do you do rhinestones on toes??????????

i have had a client the other day she had polish on her toes and rhinestones on her big ones a few hours later she rang me to say they had gone funnty round the rhinestones ........... i had glued the stones on to the polish then gone over with clear top coat ......... i dont usualy glue the rhinestones but the lady was sayin a dont want these to come of and did ask me to glue them . The glue must not of been dry when i when over with clear polish.

How do you do rhinestones on toes??????????

I put them on the top coat whilst they are still wet and my clients still have them on 4 weeks later for their next pedicure.

:)hello
i always put them on a topcoat or a sealer, i never use glue.
and i always apply a good layer of topcoat after and find this is always ok and they stay on for a while,
tracy x x

I paint the colour on and apply the stones into that, pressing them into the enamel, then i use a thick top coat and make sure there is plenty around the stone,
i never use glue as it tends to be brittle when dry and then the stones come off,
i have amazed clients coming back up to 8 weeks later with them still attached hth

I actually apply mine when polish still wet,this acts as a glue itself,then I apply a top coat as other geeks have mentioned,I find this keeps them well and truely stuck:green:HTH

I actually apply mine when polish still wet,this acts as a glue itself,then I apply a top coat as other geeks have mentioned,I find this keeps them well and truely stuck:green:HTH

Yep thats what i do, they stay on really well, getting them off again is the hard bit:green:

I always let the design dry properly then apply glue over quite a large area, apply all the stones, liberally apply more glue and then blow dry until there is no doubt whatsoever!!!
Then at least one good thick layer of a descent top coat and they come back months later and design will of course have grown out, but all stuff still there!!

Anytime it will go whitish is when the glue was still wet....

By the way, i have found this Apple site for a free i-phone!!!!
Have a look, am hoping to receive mine soon!!!! Badly need a new phone....

AppleIncentives

Have fun!!:hug:

Christel

I normally put super shiney top coat on then apply the rhinestones while the polish is still wet give a few mins to dry then apply another coat of topcoat.They normally stay on for 4weeks.

Maybe your clients toe nails wernt try before shes putting her foot back in to her shoe cos they do need a good 10minutes to dry.:green:

after the 2nd coat of polish I gently place the glass crystals (I dont use plastic glass are much nicer and re-usable) into the top of the 2nd coat while its still wet to tacky, then I go over the lot with Out The Door, Fast set top coat, sets like gel, hard as rocks, doesnt chip or peal and those stones DONT move until its all taken off with nail polish remover.

I've switched all my clients to gel color.
1.base
uv light exposure
2.color
uv light exposure
3.final coat of color and rhinestone application
uv light exposure
4. gel top coat
uv light exposure as to directions of used gel topcoat.

These last 4-6 weeks sometimes longer.

They must be filed off for a new color.

Yep thats what i do, they stay on really well, getting them off again is the hard bit:green:

Me too - I've never had a problem:)

Ditto for me too Babs.

after the 2nd coat of polish I gently place the glass crystals (I dont use plastic glass are much nicer and re-usable) into the top of the 2nd coat while its still wet to tacky, then I go over the lot with Out The Door, Fast set top coat, sets like gel, hard as rocks, doesnt chip or peal and those stones DONT move until its all taken off with nail polish remover.

where can i buy top coat like this please?????????????????????

where can i buy top coat like this please?????????????????????

This is a Creative product I think hun, so you would get it from Sweet Squared. :)

hth

I either bezel-set them in two coats of WET polish, then topcoat them,
OR
After I apply the UV Gloss, BEFORE they go under the lamp, I apply the stones, then under the lamp the tootsies go.

Those stones are NOT going anywhere.
TRUST ME

:lol:

its not CND geekies... CND top coat doesnt come close to Out the door... its by INM

300.jpg

"45 Second Out The Door Fast Drying Top Coat. Super fast drying top coat dries in 45 seconds. Chip resistant. Use over polish or alone. Added U.V. inhibitors protect against yellowing while acrylic resin blends provide extreme shine but flexible, long lasting finish that dries in 45 seconds or less!"

With a good base coat and polish (quality) and a coat of this my toes last 6 weeks, I normally re do them at 4 weeks thou as I use RED polish on my own toes and the growth is more obvious with bright colours... but with pinks and nudes the polish lasts a good 6 weeks under Out The Door.

wher did you buy yours from hun??????.....some top coats i have used after i have done enhancements,dont give me a glass finish....sorry if i have hijacked this thread ...is yours ?

Nailiteinc has it, don't know about in the uk though.

hth's

Latest posts

Back