Lashers using the wrong glues on flare lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xhristine

Reaction score
Im an eyelash trainer, and I am absolutely shocked on how many ladies I have come across recently who have had flare lashes applied by "qualified lash technicians" who have used lash extension glue instead of the latext type glue resulting in these ladies lashes being glued together in clumps!!!! Glueing all the lashes together will inhibit the lash growth and cause serious pain and severely damage the clients lashes. One of my students came in an had 3mm thick layer of glue along her lash line, touching her skin and she told me they were lash extensions in the flare shape!!!! Wrong :mad::mad::mad: Its just plain laziness claiming you can do a full set in less than an hour and claiming they are lash extensions!!!! Flare lashes CAN ONLY BE APPLIED WITH STRIP LASH GLUE so they can come out easily and allow the lashes to grow naturally. I have a photograph but not sure whether to post it. Xhristine

Im an eyelash trainer, and I am absolutely shocked on how many ladies I have come across recently who have had flare lashes applied by "qualified lash technicians" who have used lash extension glue instead of the latext type glue resulting in these ladies lashes being glued together in clumps!!!! Glueing all the lashes together will inhibit the lash growth and cause serious pain and severely damage the clients lashes. One of my students came in an had 3mm thick layer of glue along her lash line, touching her skin and she told me they were lash extensions in the flare shape!!!! Wrong :mad::mad::mad: Its just plain laziness claiming you can do a full set in less than an hour and claiming they are lash extensions!!!! Flare lashes CAN ONLY BE APPLIED WITH STRIP LASH GLUE so they can come out easily and allow the lashes to grow naturally. I have a photograph but not sure whether to post it. Xhristine
Post it please.

By flare lashes do you mean individuals/clusters? If so I was trained to use to use salon systems individual lash glue on them and that they last up to 2 weeks.

I've never heard that you should use strip lash glue on them. I thought strip lash glue was for strip lashes only.

X

By flare lashes do you mean individuals/clusters? If so I was trained to use to use salon systems individual lash glue on them and that they last up to 2 weeks.

I've never heard that you should use strip lash glue on them. I thought strip lash glue was for strip lashes only.

X

You are right x

I think a lot of confusion is caused by company's calling cluster lashes 'individual' lashes.
Cluster lashes are known as flare lashes, cluster lashes, party lashes and individual lashes.
They should not be applied with the glue that you would use for semi-permanent lashes.
I don't offer them any more but when I did I used Lashtite glue for individual lashes which is for cluster lashes.
I don't know why they call them individual lashes but I wish they wouldn't!

I've come across a girl who had cluster lashes applied with semi permanent glue and was told they were semi permanen extensions :-( she had them on for quite long by the time she came to me - the sight was appalling and by the time we got her lashes to look their best we had to get through her full lash cycle and gradually built up a really lovely set.

She's an addict now and one of my favourite clients :D

I have pics of her set in my album if anyone wants to see...

Just two days ago I had a lady come up to saying that lash extensions were extremely damaging and that she ended up in a bad pain after wearing them for two months. After talking to her it turned out that she had her lashes applied with her eyes open the tech was applying them on the top while tears were streaming down her face during the procedure. She was told it was normal.

Another girl came in to me as her normal tech refused to remove her cluster lashes although she was the one that had applied them. She simply told her she doesn't do removals :o again, she has become my regular client after her first appointment with me :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

My old boss used to apply cluster lashes with sp glue it was awful!!! No amount of telling her how bad they were would change her mind. She used to buy the glue from sallys even tho she had no lash qualifications!

She used to get the glue all over the skin and most her clients ended up with terrible allergic reactions. But she'd still apply the lashes and just tell them to take a weeks worth of antihistamines a day, As thats what she did!!! I got out of that salon pretty sharpish.

Unfortunately there with always be unqualified people with no morals happy to make a quick buck off other people's misfortune. One of the many reasons we need a governing body for the beauty industry. Xx

Ok here's the picture,hope this works!;)

Attachments

• 2012-10-08_17.49.54_resized.jpg
    2012-10-08_17.49.54_resized.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,784
Last edited:
This drives me wild I have a superdrug round from the salon that does this but they don't offer a service for removal. I have girls coming in wks later with broken lashes asking for me to remove them because they can't get them off they use a full tray of party lashes per eye how people can open their eyes with that weight on them is beyond me

Ok here's the picture,hope this works!;)

Oh My! It actually looks like part of her eyelid is pulled down and glued into the lashes.

I completely agree with what you are trying to get across but this has been getting discussed on here for as long as I can remember and, unfortunately, techs are still using SP glue for clusters.

I also know that some on here will LOVE this look :eek: I've been following the "show us your lashes" thread and some of them are shocking. Far too long and heavy but other people are commenting about how fab they are. :sad:

I jut done my level 2 and part of that was lashes. We were taught to use the salon system glue too. The one that comes in the pack alongside the lashes (same sort of idea as the glue that comes in the packs from boots). My friend just done a course in 'weekend' lashes too and this is the glue others are being trained with too :/ x

Our training company had one glue for cluster lashes and a different type (softer) for strip lashes. We now use salon system glue for our clusters and the glue that comes with the strips for them.

I've been following the "show us your lashes" thread and some of them are shocking. Far too long and heavy but other people are commenting about how fab they are. :sad:

I'm glad it's not just me that thought that! Fair enough, newly qualified lashers are not going to be producing brilliant sets but some of them are from people who have been doing it for a while and can't even see that there's anything wrong with them.
I think a lot of the training these days is sub-standard and anyone who trains should be told how to look after the natural lashes and not put too much weight on them.
Cluster lashers are not supposed to be applied with semi-permanent glue-end of!
Lash techs that are doing this are being irresponsible and causing damage to the natural lashes.
We can say it till we are blue in the face but techs will still carry on doing it :(

The thing is no matter how many times you say it and explain the difference in the different types of lashes and different adhesives some people just choose not to listen. Also you are rightmost if those lashes onshore us your lashes thread are shocking a lot of new lagers tend to think length and thickness if the lash are going to produce a nice set of lashes in reality not many natural lashes can handle even a 0.25 and such long lengths just produce spidery messes. Also as a trainer myself I think that threads like that undermine what I teach my students when people are posting such awful work and getting praised for it. In fact I'd use that thread as a what not to do!

Back to this thread though there's far too many people using the wrong adhesive it's up to us to educate our clients so they go away telling friends and family to avoid places using the wrong product these places stand out a mile away as cheap and rubbish anyway

I use the individual lash glue from Sally's and I was taught at college to use this glue, I've never had a problem with apply or removing the lashes and my clients have always been happy with the results :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355437641.792512.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355437641.792512.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,763
What g lue for the w lashes and Y ones

I spoke to Nouveau direct and asked them which glue I should be using for Weekend (cluster) Lashes as I had been told to use the Duo strip lash adhesive.
The member of staff said Duo should only be used on Strip lashes and ultrabond Pro15 should be used on clusters.
Have I been given the correct info?

Thanks for this..... I trained to do flare lashes manny moons ago at college but never have done them on my clients. When I do them on myself, I have to admit, I use salon systems individual lash glue... which does break my lashes, but hey, their mine so my own fault!

Now I have just been considering introducing them to the salon, but as you say, as 'party lashes' with strip lash glue. Would you recommend that people have to remove them that night? Or could they realistically expect a couple of days with Duo glue?

A quick look on Sally's website by the way at Ardell 'individual' lashes (which are actually clusters/flares) and it SAYS can be worn for upto 6 weeks?!?

Which leads to my next point, having said all this, is it worth even doing them? When some unqualified toe rag is going to be whacking them on with semi permanent glue and under cutting salons by a fiver?! Ohhhh I don't know, the murky world of beauty! Lol!

Lets go lashes uses flare lashes with pro15 adhesive. This is what we have been taught by them. So this must be ok?? X

I would def not recommend using the semi permanent adhesives with cluster/ flare lashes. These lashes are supposed to last a week no longer you risk damaging your clients Natural lashes. As I understand the pro 15 adhesive is a semi perm adhesive (I'm prepared to be corrected ) I def would not use it for this type of lashes

Latest posts

Back