Long Stiletto with flower (pic)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Reaction score
After seeing this advert (in background) in Scratch, I just had to finally give the stiletto a try.
I added a flower, not because I wanted to hide anything :lol:, but because I have become a little addicted to them!

I decided not to file the end into a point just yet, as it has a teeny tiny C curve in the end - which I thought was too cute to file away!! :rolleyes::lol:

The picture isn't as bright as usual, coz the flash kept giving too much glare :irked: Anyway, they are clear enough!

Attachments

• POINTING POPPY.JPG
    POINTING POPPY.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 311
Incredible! I love it! Hope I'll be able to do something that nice one day! Love the little c-curve too!

:eek: Wow Lauri, amazing skill and workmanship .... you ought to be careful with those though, they look like seriously dangerous weapons! :lol:

Very pretty!

(but don't pick your nose, you might get brain damage:lol:):hug:

For the flash issue, I have found this trick works.

• Hold camera a good distance away from the subject - about 1 and half feet?
  • Use the macro setting (that's the little flower for 'tiny details')
  • Use the zoom, to zoom in.
  • VOILA
Later if necessary, crop picture. Also, I have my camera set at the highest DPI for the best quality pictures. This makes a difference too, when cropping and blowing pictures up of 'tiny' things.:wink2:

I have zero problems with mine getting glare from flash off the nail's surface.(just see my pics, they're ALL done this way)

hth's

Cheers!

Thanks Victoria, I don't usually have problems with the flash and I do use Macro setting. Maybe I was too close and need to up quality? Will remember your advice for next time xx

wow looks fab hun, i haven't attempted flowers yet, i can do snowmen though, i love the look of stillettoes haven't actually practiced many, might have a go later xx

Wow! Looks amazing!

Please don't stab me with that tomorrow:lol:!

Wow! Looks amazing!

Please don't stab me with that tomorrow:lol:!

Lol
Sam Biddle taught us a trick at the seminar in Peterborough...
Paint your natural nail with EZ Flow UV30 before creating enhancement.
Then you can pop it off when you have finished without breaking it or damaging your natural nail. Cool hu?!
My stiletto is now in my case.... I'll bring it tomorrow

Very cool! Will give that a go ta. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh xx

Lol
Sam Biddle taught us a trick at the seminar in Peterborough...
Paint your natural nail with EZ Flow UV30 before creating enhancement.
Then you can pop it off when you have finished without breaking it or damaging your natural nail. Cool hu?!
My stiletto is now in my case.... I'll bring it tomorrow

If that really works then I can practice on myself more easily, that could be a real bonus for me. Does it not affect your brush?

Love the nails, really fab :hug:

No, my brush is fine.
The UV30 acts like a thin coat of pastic on your nail.

Since doing it, my husband will even let me practise on him because I can apply and then he can just pull them off!! Which is great because there is nothing better than practising on a real life person.

No, my brush is fine.
The UV30 acts like a thin coat of pastic on your nail.

Since doing it, my husband will even let me practise on him because I can apply and then he can just pull them off!! Which is great because there is nothing better than practising on a real life person.

Brilliant, thanks for that. Mine is a serious nail biter but my twins have gorgeous long nail beds and are always offering, this will make it MUCH easier!

i do looove that.
i saw that pic in scratch myself and thought how fabulous they were.
you did a lovely job.

Looks great hun, jealous I havent even attempted stiletto's yet
Jen xx

:oTo tell you the truth... I don't like stiletto nails!:o I think they look WAY too dangerous. They are lovely for pictures but my clients would freak if I came at 'em with those things!!
By the way Gelly you did a fantastic job!

stilleto are such sexy nails ! u have quite a thing for poinsettias !!
After seeing this advert (in background) in Scratch, I just had to finally give the stiletto a try.
I added a flower, not because I wanted to hide anything :lol:, but because I have become a little addicted to them!

I decided not to file the end into a point just yet, as it has a teeny tiny C curve in the end - which I thought was too cute to file away!! :rolleyes::lol:

The picture isn't as bright as usual, coz the flash kept giving too much glare :irked: Anyway, they are clear enough!
sti

stilleto are such sexy nails ! u have quite a thing for poinsettias !!
sti​
I do love the look of a long stiletto, but couldn't wear them - I'm far too clumsey!......

theye amazing hun....truely amazing....the entire nail is perfect ...well done x

WOW what a great nail.:)

lovely and this isn't easy to achieve well done xx

Latest posts

Back