Man sues salon over manicure ‘sexism’

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Hat

Reaction score
A man in the US named Norris Syndor III is reportedly suing his local nail salon after being charged one extra dollar to get his fingertips cleaned.

As reported by The Huffington Post, the 43-year-old from Mitchellville, Maryland is fighting for $200,000 in compensatory damages from Rich's Nail Salon following the treatment last December.

Syndor told myfoxdc.com: “I was angry. I was humiliated… the big deal is that I feel like I’m being discriminated based on my gender. There’s nothing to say that my hands or my nails are different than a woman’s nails. Nobody measured my hands, no one measured my fingernails.”

His lawyer went further by saying: “Rosa Parks paid the same amount of money but was required to sit in the back of the bus. My client paid more money for less services because he didn’t get polish, he didn’t get clear to go over the polish.”

The case is to go on trial July 21.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    6 KB · Views: 413
I am SO sick of frivolous lawsuits, I could SCREAM! :irked:

Where is he? I'll give him the g** damn dollar.

True, but why SHOULD he pay extra - what was their reasoning? (I dont agree that a £200,000 lawsuit should be issued, but its not right thats for sure)

maybe he had something not very nice under his finger nails.. or majorly stained nail plates..

ewww cant belive i wrote this whilst eating me tea lol.. :eek:

Sarah x

The world has gone mad!!!
What ever happened to a good complaint?

True, but why SHOULD he pay extra - what was their reasoning? (I dont agree that a £200,000 lawsuit should be issued, but its not right thats for sure)

i agree, the lawsuit is an actual joke, but i dont see why he had to pay more, i've had some people with really bad nails before and i dont charge them more? i'm sure theres more to this story than the papers are letting on x

Words fail me...........?????:rolleyes:

Your having a "huffington" laugh, $200,000. Crazy!

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Give me his address and I'll send him not only $1 but $2!!!!

I am just in shock that his lawyer compared this case to Rosa Park's.........Seriously!!!!

He probably had gross scuzzy ick under his nails. I do not clean under peoples nails and never have .. I send them with a clean brush to the hand basin to use an anti-bac soap. I've seen some things under nails in my time that I wouldn't like to even mention. :o

The guy's name says it all about what a 'nob' he must be.

i agree with izzidoll.

comparing him to rosa park's is offensive in itself.

I would think that the salon would have set prices for treatments and he would seen the price list prior to the treatment. Would you not think ? If he was not happy with the price should not had his treatment done!!!

I can't beleive people are so trivial.... so sad... there are poeple in world with much bigger problems (ilnesses, no food etc) Sad sad times :-(

My god man go and channel that energy into something worth while! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure who I'm more exasperated with the man himself or the blinkin lawyer who is working on his behalf.

Yawn yawn yawn..... NEXT!

What ever happened to a good complaint?

This is my point exactly. Why not just complain to management that you think it unfair that you're being charged extra. Just a complaint and the manager probably would've given him the treatment for $9 instead of $10. But a $200K lawsuit? Really? What an a**. How much pain and suffering could there be over a $1 ? If he couldn't afford the $1 upcharge, should he even be affording himself a manicure anyway?

I think some people are always looking for a way to get over. This is just frivolous.

This is a genuine reason for a lawsuit.
Michelle Fonville Was Charged Extra At Georgia Salon Because She's Fat - ABC News[/URL]

I expect the family coffers are running low!

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
A man in the US named Norris Syndor III is reportedly suing his local nail salon after being charged one extra dollar to get his fingertips cleaned.

As reported by The Huffington Post, the 43-year-old from Mitchellville, Maryland is fighting for $200,000 in compensatory damages from Rich's Nail Salon following the treatment last December.

Syndor told myfoxdc.com: “I was angry. I was humiliated… the big deal is that I feel like I’m being discriminated based on my gender. There’s nothing to say that my hands or my nails are different than a woman’s nails. Nobody measured my hands, no one measured my fingernails.”

His lawyer went further by saying: “Rosa Parks paid the same amount of money but was required to sit in the back of the bus. My client paid more money for less services because he didn’t get polish, he didn’t get clear to go over the polish.”

The case is to go on trial July 21.

i like this statement

Latest posts

Back