Men with shaped eyebrows right or wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pazzy

Reaction score
Just looking at Ronaldo and beckham (very pretty boys) they have shaped eyebrows (thinking Joey from friends!!)

I personally dont like it. Its not necessary to have a brow shaped as a woman would do.

My hubbys got nice brows and could do with a few underneath removed but he fears they would look shaped and wrong!!!

The men I do for brow waxing - literally have them 'tidied' not shaped.

Am I alone on this thought!

Should men be men? I think so. Theres nothing wrong with removing some weight off heavy brows and removing the mid mono brow, I even like hairless chests but dont mind a few hairs either. Its just lady style brows put me off!!!

I think it is OK for men to have their brows tidied and hadnt noticed that the likes of Beckham and Ronaldo were overly so. But I have over time noticed that there are some that have them too much like a female style.

One example - and I cant think of the name of the band - the band of 4 or 5 guys that were in the reality singing show - was it X Factor (having a really dumb blonde morning as you can tell).

The band had one guy in that was very feminine and his eyebrows were also shapes into a very feminine style and that totally freaked me out!

Edit: Was it Eton Road?

I dont shape mens eyebrows but i tidy them up.
There is nothing worse on a man than them growing in the middle and bushy.

I have only had one client, who was gay and very feminine, that had his eye lashes and brows tinted and his brows shaped very thinnly.

Most other men will just have the middle and top waxed to tidy them, i dont often take hair from underneath on men as this takes out the natural "blend" line and makes them look shaped. just the stragglers from the top and the middle!

The only time i take from underneath is if the request i do, or if their brows are sitting heavily on their face, as it opens up their eyes a little!!

I'll give my first-time blokey brow customers a mirror and ask what they have in mind - I'll then advise them on the basis of that, and the majority of chaps are actually very nervous about having too much taken away and walking out with what I call "drag queen eyebrows" :lol:

I always banish the monobrow (about a thumb width space should exist between men's brows), tidy up underneath the brow and between the brow and temple hairline, tweeze any straggly blonde/white ones, and then trim the length with nail scissors if necessary.

In my experience most fellas will prefer a general tidy or a very gradual arch, although some chaps with very bushy brows do want to shed some of that excess eyebrow weight - in these cases I usually suggest we "work up to it" rather than ripping it all out in one go, so that it looks less immediately obvious that they've had the work done.

But at the end of the day if the customer is insistent on asking for shapely, defined eyebrows then I will give them shapely, defined eyebrows - they pay my wages, after all! :D

Andy x

I don't like mono brows but tweeking a few there is the limit in my opinion. I personally like the man in my life to be 'untrimmed':)

Beckhams eyebrows dont look too bad at the moment, but he went through a phase of haing them very plucked and shaped and they looked terrible!
Jamie Redknapp is another who has his brows shaped, sometimes they look ok, but other times they look silly.

My hubby has nice shaped brows but has the unruly ones underneath and on the top and he would look silly if they were plucked!

I think it looks a bit feminine!

Deffo no too mono brows, but deffo no to feminine eyebrows

Eradicate the mono and banish the stragglers....that's all men should have done IMO

Men are meant to have strongly defined brows....it makes up part of the masculine contouring of their face....and gives that dark, broody, grrrr look....*swoon * :green:

i agree with amy.i dont think men should have shaped eyebrows.men are meant to be masculine.whats masculine about that:!: xxxxxxx

you dont want your bloke bein prettier than you do ya!! lol.

My bf makes me laugh, if we are going out i have to let him shower first so he has time to actually have a shower and do his hair. From shower to dry/straighten hair to dressed it takes him at least an hour, it takes me 40 mins inc make up!!! lol.

I'll give my first-time blokey brow customers a mirror and ask what they have in mind - I'll then advise them on the basis of that, and the majority of chaps are actually very nervous about having too much taken away and walking out with what I call "drag queen eyebrows" :lol:

I always banish the monobrow (about a thumb width space should exist between men's brows), tidy up underneath the brow and between the brow and temple hairline, tweeze any straggly blonde/white ones, and then trim the length with nail scissors if necessary.

In my experience most fellas will prefer a general tidy or a very gradual arch, although some chaps with very bushy brows do want to shed some of that excess eyebrow weight - in these cases I usually suggest we "work up to it" rather than ripping it all out in one go, so that it looks less immediately obvious that they've had the work done.

But at the end of the day if the customer is insistent on asking for shapely, defined eyebrows then I will give them shapely, defined eyebrows - they pay my wages, after all! :D

Andy x
i totally agree with this give the client what they want, hairdressers don't deny a client a hair colour because they don't like it themselves, i don't personally have many male clients but would love to have the opportunity, i'm constantly chasing my hubby with the tweezers he has just started getting old man hairs in his eyebrows that stick out at funny angles:green:

Just looking at Ronaldo and beckham (very pretty boys) they have shaped eyebrows (thinking Joey from friends!!)

I personally dont like it. Its not necessary to have a brow shaped as a woman would do.

My hubbys got nice brows and could do with a few underneath removed but he fears they would look shaped and wrong!!!

The men I do for brow waxing - literally have them 'tidied' not shaped.

Am I alone on this thought!

Should men be men? I think so. Theres nothing wrong with removing some weight off heavy brows and removing the mid mono brow, I even like hairless chests but dont mind a few hairs either. Its just lady style brows put me off!!!

here here

men should macho

some things should just be left for us females

I have quite a few ..well most of my male clientele that have some type of shaping to their eyebrows. Nothing worse than a bushy uni brow.
Now far you go in shaping them is another thing. Getting someone to shape them so they still look natural is okay, go farther like actually shaping in a clean curve can look too femine. I guess you need to look at the type of personality the male has. Different strokes for different folks

My husband likes his brows tidied,and he is DEFINETELY very macho.
Even my dad is trendy and likes his tidied too and he will be 65 next week:green:

I 100% agree with trimming hairs from underneath and in the middle.... one big slug eyebrow is gross!!! I think that looks far worse than it would if it was plucked, and shows a certain bit of self caring... kinda thing...

.. I like men to look well groomed and presentable.... there is no need for them to look overly feminine unless they want to.

My hubby is a mans man.. wont let me near him for a manicure... wont let me pluck his stragglers... yet spends more time preening in the mirror than I do... and he's such a fussy sod when it comes to choosing clothes to go out... can't wait for him to get in actually and check his eyebrows now!

in all honesty, i like all clients eyebrows looking ntural, men and women, i cant stand thin eyebrows.

I like them shapely with a nice arch to accentuate the eyes and not too thin or too far apart!!!

And imo they should taper from thick to thin. some clients like them, the same thickness all across, i think its awful! lol.

SOme clients even come in with their eyebrows on backwards it seems, where they are thinner in the middle and thicker on the outer side!!

lol.

I had a male client the other month, he had HUGE eye brows, to be honest he was very hairy everywhere - I know as I did a full body massage first...
He wanted his eyebrows shaping, smaller and also the length trimmed - he was very particular about it and asked for a mirror so he could watch all the way through I was terrified and it took me 45 mins!!!!!

When I finished I thought he looked wierd but he seemed to be happy but has not been back since - so don't know what that means???

Not sure if I think it is a good thing but a few tweezed from under and inbetween is a good thing on alot of guys!

Amanda xxx
www.funkyfingertips.co.uk

With men they usually want to look as natural as possible(there are exceptions of course)but most dont want anyone to know they have their eyebrows waxed.(it's a man thing,bless em)

So for me I wax the mono,then just a little from underneath,then I will trim any long/curly ones and tweeze any if needed.:green:

Latest posts

Back