Minx alternatives?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way I see it is Minx is the one that clients are reading about and seeing in all the consumer mags, including the Sunday Times Style magazine. Can anyone here afford advertising like that!!!!
All the A lister celebs like Beyonce, Fergie (Black eyes peas) are wearing it so clients will ask for and want Minx.
This thread reminds me of the VW Golf advert on the telly just now people trying to sell other cars by saying it sounds/looks/drives like a Golf.....ending up with if you want a Golf then go and buy a Golf!

So if you and your clients want Minx....give them Minx.

Yes, it may be just a fashion phase and once the celebs move on to the next fashionable thing your clients may do so too.....but heck you might as well cash in now while you can!! surely giving your client what they want, and keeping up with key trends is one of the basic rules of business.
Make hay while the sun shines as they say!

I love all the snake print ones and some of the metallics but it seems the american site has more choice or are you able to buy the same ones here?

I am loving the minx - don't get me wrong, but also just seen a couple of norweigens wearing the blixz and I thought they were really pretty - I didn't know they had a different application technique.

I have tried to find someone to do me a set and its like finding truffles! Everyone I ask seems to be out of stock and not planning on getting any more in just yet, so waiting until they get back to me, however if anyone nr manchester has any in, PM me as I want to try them out for myself.

Kate x

I had a good look at those blix (or whatever their called!) and the other ones and the prints on them were like the cheap wrapping paper you get at the pound shop you know the type that rips as soon as you try to wrap something up!

I think minx have nailed it with their product, theres no comparison (as yet) x

It really burns me up when people who have no creativity of their own .. come up with cheap imitations ... that are nowhere as good a quality ... choose a name to make people associate it with Minx (the real deal) charge a similar price for something inferior ... jump on a bandwagon that someone else created ,,, AND even advertise with deception to make people think they are something they are not. Our industry seems to attract this so much both with enhancement products such as L&P and even look at PopiTS ... SEVERAL ATTEMPTS HAVE BEEN MADE TO COPY THEM, but nothing is as good or looks as good ... they've just stolen someone elses idea to cash in. No passion just greed. There are leaders and then there are folowers and then there are the scavengers .. the bottom feeders. :green: Live and learn ... try them ... you'll see and then complain you've been had.

I agree with you Geeg!!

I went to the show yesterday and got my friend to have all of the "others" put on ... and really and truly ... they don't cut the mustard !!

In defence of the original poster, I must say it is tempting to get drawn into the sales pitch especially when the person trying to sell the (IMO) far inferior product refers to their product as "just as good as Minx" ... to which I had to disagree!!

Would have been fab to have seen Minx at the show ... but I guess no one would have got close to the stand because of all the interest !! x:)x

Competition is a healthy thing :)

We supply the Blixz as well - if we could have supplied Minx, we would, but we couldn't, so Blixz it is :)

It's not just a case of people copying - it's a case of it's a great product and we want it too - not just to supply, but also for use on our customers in our salon.
Just like I imagine creative decided at some point in the beginning that nail polish was a great product and they wanted it too :)

The same as people who have salons - others see what they like and they open one for themselves - we are the ones supplying products to people who are competitors, so we shouldn't be complaining about that.

There are nice designs and they are staying on for many weeks. You can use heat or don't use heat - it's up to you.

Gina x

Talk about being late to the party.

We want it too?? You can have it anytime but if you want to sell it ... sorry .. more than 2 years late to the party.

As you say, Gina, Minx would have been your number one choice. But late adopters have no choice but to go for the imitations. good luck 'room for all ' as so many say but the FACT is that the public are asking for MINX .. not for imitations. The public will pay for a MINX service, not the same for imitations.

It is important when new innovations come out that people who want to sell it become early adopters and recognize the potential early on. "If you don't make dust ... you eat dust"

Talk about being late to the party.

We want it too?? You can have it anytime but if you want to sell it ... sorry .. more than 2 years late to the party.

As you say, Gina, Minx would have been your number one choice. But late adopters have no choice but to go for the imitations. good luck 'room for all ' as so many say but the FACT is that the public are asking for MINX .. not for imitations. The public will pay for a MINX service, not the same for imitations.

It is important when new innovations come out that people who want to sell it become early adopters and recognize the potential early on. "If you don't make dust ... you eat dust"

exactly!! well said:hug:

sorry - may have missed this through the other posts but where the 'minx-a-like' ones Trendy? (that's the name not a comment :green:)

I had one put on myself and tbh it was really nice. Only thing I'd say is that the designs were a bit limited but I do a fair few teenage-ish parties and they'd be ideal for that.

I have to admit to not trying minx yet (something else on my to do list) but wouldn't have many complaints about Trendy from what I've seen so far. I'll let you know more in a couple of weeks when I've tried them out properly

Latest posts

Back