Minx Charge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loza789

Reaction score
hi guys,

i'm mobile and i charge £15 for minx on either fingers or toes, if i go higher i don't think i'll get business. there are salons in my area doing it for £10!

thing is, my clients love that it last so long on toes and have asked if i can make it last longer on fingers. I've said i can but that i'd have to do a shellac top coat which will mean an additonal charge.

do any of you do a shellac top coat? do you charge extra for it? or should i just say that a week to 10 days is the norm for fingers?

Hi,
When I do Minx fingers with Shellac,I charge an extra £5 for the Shellac and most of my clients have it on for 14days.

It's so frustrating when you get people charging as little as £10 for Minx!!!Shame you can't put your prices up a bit,I refuse to lower my prices and play this 'price war' game.

Another you could try as well is using Lumos on your Minx fingers :hug:

Are you sure the salon doing them for £10 is actually doing minx?? Can't see how they would be making any money!??:|

Hi I charge £18 for minx on toes or fingers and do offer a shellac top coat for either if they choose, I have found on fingers it makes a huge difference and most of the clients I've done have had 2weeks plus from it! I charge £20 for minx with shellac top coat but I have just done it as a trial at the moment and due to it working so well I will put the price up for in a couple of months hth xxx

Are you sure the salon doing them for £10 is actually doing minx?? Can't see how they would be making any money!??:|

Charging £10 for minx they would just be b reaking even I would have thought, when you think if you get 3 set's out of a packet, bit of scrub fresh, and the staff wages. Things are tight right now and I think some salon's would rather break even and get the client's in, that's up to them.

Don't lower your price's just because they are so cheap, up your prices sllightly if you wanted to, and do charge extra for shellac top coat, client's will pay it especailly if it last's the 14 days, better than lasting 2-7 days

thanks for the feedback.

the woman that owns the salon charging £10 was on the same minx course as me. the trainer told her she needs to increase her prices but she didn't seem at all bothered. there are other mobiles in my aread who charge £12.50. it just doesn't seem worth it

i think i'll charge an extra £3 for a shellac top coat and see how that goes. once i've got a solid client base i think i'll slowly increase my prices

We charge £25 and £28 to re Minx

I really don't understand charging such low prices! How can anyone be making a reasonable profit to earn a living??

Plus, I don't get the idea of putting Shellac over! You are putting a layer over the layer of Minx (not touching the nail? The surface if the Minx doesn't need protecting!) then sealing the edge that will wear off in a couple of days. If you feel the need to seal the edge why not use a much cheaper and less time consuming top coat that can be reapplied?

If you are getting 3 sets out of a sheet so can charge less you must be spending so much time snipping and cutting and time is money! Also if you are handling the Minx it won't stay at all well!

On fingers Minx only stay as well as the condition of the nail allows, how well it's been applied (with heat and sealing the edge) and how well the client looks after it

£10-20 cannot possibly provide enough profit for salon or mobile. If your customers are disappointed you are either selling it wrong or applying badly

i only apply minx as i was shown at sweet squared. no one has complained, i've jsut gotten a couple of comments.

i am new to this and need to get clients on board. i've done my research and charging £15 is the only way i'll clients in my area and i'm not the cheapest

Its pointless offering them for that price as you would basically be working for nothing.

I also bet that the wrap being used by the cheaper salons isnt Minx at all but being sold as that to get the clients in.

I understand it is frustrating to try and build up a client base and by cutting costs seems a way to get there - but it is just a false economy as you will not make any income from it.

Its pointless offering them for that price as you would basically be working for nothing.

I also bet that the wrap being used by the cheaper salons isnt Minx at all but being sold as that to get the clients in.

I understand it is frustrating to try and build up a client base and by cutting costs seems a way to get there - but it is just a false economy as you will not make any income from it.

Hi, I notice that you are from Cheadle which isn't far from me. How much are you charging for minx? £20? £25? :hug:

A mobile therapist in my area is offering them at £10 but from the pics on her Facebook site it's trendy nail wraps not minx, I've got them at an introductory price of £15 until the end of July then the price will be £20!

A mobile therapist in my area is offering them at £10 but from the pics on her Facebook site it's trendy nail wraps not minx, I've got them at an introductory price of £15 until the end of July then the price will be £20!

That's an idea!! I might do that too! x:hug:

Hi, I notice that you are from Cheadle which isn't far from me. How much are you charging for minx? £20? £25? :hug:

I charge £22 x x x

£25 for fingers £28 toes and lining up at the door. Charge what you are worth and what the product is worth!!!!:eek:

I dont see how anyone can possibly be charging £10 for geniune minx :s i charge £26 for either fingers or toes.. X

I charge £25 for toes and refuse to go lower, I charge £25 for fingers also but i apply Lumos base coat before applying which for me makes them last a lot better and is cheaper for me than Shellac top coat!
Try it and see how it works x

on fingers do you only apply the lumos basecoat not top as well ??

Thought I would add to this thread as I am finding it very interesting.

Do you guys apply minx after a standard or Luxury Mani/Pedi as well? If so how much do you charge?

Also would applying Lumos Base and Top coat with minx on fingernails make it last 14 days as opposed to 5-7?

Latest posts

Back