Mobile spray tan.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leannex

Reaction score
Hey all.
Hope you can all help me with this. I am doing my Sienna x training in a couple of week and was feeling really optimistic and excited about doing mobile sparay tans. However after chatting to my college tutor she thinks its a really bad idea because of the mess it could make in clients homes?? She used to manage a salon and said skirting boards and surfaces had to be cleaned daily??So after chatting to her I've asked other people and a lot say the same. now obviously i'll be using a tent and so on but it has put me off a little bit. I'm worried clients wont want me back again if this happens. What do all you mobile spray tanners think. :confused:

Last edited:
you are prob only going to be spray tanning 1 person in their home unless its a party. The pop up tents allow you to keep all areas clean in their house and ytou just wipe your tent down afterwards, I really wouldnt let your tutor put you off. I never have had a problem with mess in a clients home and I do alot of tanning, also tanning parties. You can also buy an extractor fan.

Hi

Well I'm not a molbile tanner YET! I did however do my training with loubylou last weekend in her salon, and I have to say there was hardly any mess....after 3 clients the couch roll which was on the floor under the client was hardly marked.....and that was with me spraying 2 of them (and using more solution as it was my 1st attempt. I really think it depends how you are trained.

The amount of mess you make really depends on how close to the client you work and how you set your gun.

I'm sure there will be some of the more experienced tanners and trainers along soon who will be able to pass their experience.

Good Luck, Lou xx

Last edited:
In my opinion I think yor tutor is talking rubbish! unless you are spraying all over the place eg outside the tent then I don't think theres much chance of a mess, I understand that if you were to be doing tans in a salon room everyday without proper extraction and not cleaning this would happen.
I would advise you to get insurance though, incase you drop soloution on a clients carpet or lovely cream sofa lol xx

Your tutor is talking rubbish! I did my training with Sienna X on Monday and there was no mess after 5 of us hoping in and out! We were taught to spray a hands distance away from the body apart from on the knees so there really is no where for the spray surplus to go!

You'll love it, dont let anyone else put you off, make ur own mind up when u have ur training :o) xxx

Dont listen to ur tutor she's obviously talking about spray tanning 5 years ago when it could be messy. Today with HVLP( u will know all about this in ur training) and the cubicles this is not the case. Keep positive, people are making a decent living out of this and u will be making ur clients feel great, nothing negative about that!!!
x

Hey all.
Hope you can all help me with this. I am doing my Sienna x training in a couple of week and was feeling really optimistic and excited about doing mobile sparay tans. However after chatting to my college tutor she thinks its a really bad idea because of the mess it could make in clients homes?? She used to manage a salon and said skirting boards and surfaces had to be cleaned daily??So after chatting to her I've asked other people and a lot say the same. now obviously i'll be using a tent and so on but it has put me off a little bit. I'm worried clients wont want me back again if this happens. What do all you mobile spray tanners think. :confused:

This is complete and utter nonsense...there are many thousands of spray tans undertaken in peoples homes by mobile therapists each and every week....this service is without doubt the back bone of this sector.

With the use of a pop up tent ..a couch roll or a small black towel laid either inside the tent or just outside will provide a safe clean spray tan environment and one that will allow easy cleaning after.

HTH :hug:

Well there's nothing like an encouraging tutor is there!!!!!!!
What does she think hundreds of mobile spray tanners are doing at the moment-painting all their clients walls???!!!!
Really!
Get your training sorted and enjoy!! :)

Also mobile spray tanning at the client's home makes a lot of sense, as it eliminates the risk of messing your tan up while travelling back home after getting your tan done...
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks everyone!!
I'm gonna go for it and can't wait to start now.:hug:

Thanks everyone!!
I'm gonna go for it and can't wait to start now.:hug:

Years ago this was true. When spray tanning hit the UK we had one option of machine an airbrush compressor. They gave a super tan but fogged the air like mad and the room would be filthy at the end of the week. It even ate through an entire wiring system of a sunbed in the same room!

These days with the years and years of development the machines are far better at not fogging the air, we have affordable compressors (hopefully soon to be even more affordable) and tan tents to protect the surroundings.

Yes in a salon with regular tans daily the room will get dirty and need a wipe round. However in a clients home with the application of one or two tans you will get no mess at all.

I do tans in hotel rooms with up to 30 people in a few hours being tanned. With my airbrush combressor the room needs cleaning down but with the HVLP machine its clean as when I started!

Your tutors obviously not had much recent hands on experience ~ which always leads me back to the fact that these tutors need to be up on every aspect of the industry and have regular hands on experience!

Good luck with your tanning. x

I used to do my spray tans in peoples showers, when finished i used to just rinse down, no problems at home. I have just invested in a brilliant tanning screen, its not a tent because i had trouble with mine and the tanning screen is brilliant, its up and down in 2 seconds and has a long floor that folds out and goes in a carry case - the whole thing is so light. My best ever purchase....

Latest posts

Back