Mobile Tech - Appointment Wasted!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shellybobs

Reaction score
Hi All, Have any of you experienced this????????????

Now i have a 7 month old it's not as easy doing mobile appointments as it use to be. I have to drive about 10 miles to drop him off for childcare then an additional 14+ miles to client.

I always text the client when im on my way, however with this one particular client when i got there they was a delay in answering the door (i almost walked away) when the client answered she was in "fake" shock - not really that apologetic and casually said "can you come back later?" - "my mum and dad have just gone out and i havnt borrowed any money".

I explained that i had driven from my childminders across town and that i have 3 other clients to go to so it would not be convenient with me to call back, the next available appointment would be in 3 weeks.

I would have done the in-fill for her no problem and let her pay me the next time i visit, however i was fuming and angry more so because i let her dictate the appointment and she let me down, plus i could have ended up been a regular thing to keep treatments on tab.

Im really anxious now and i feel reluctant to visit again. If you was in this position what would you all do????:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had a similar experience, only my client just wasnt home. She did this to me twice!

So when she rang to make another appointment, i kindly reminded her of the previous 2 appointments and told her i will book her in...but if someone else needs her appointment time, i may have to re arrange her booking to another time.
It was prob a harsh thing to do, but it was very inconvenient for me and my other clients.

I didnt know what else to do...

i had this, 4 times i went to this lady and twice she just didn't answer the door.
When she phoned for her next appointment i also said that the last 4 times she has let me down, i explained that i was using my petrol and wasting time, i said i would give her another appt, but if she let me down again i would charge a percentage, or i would need a deposit.
Hope this helps, it's hard i know but it dosn't happen often xxxxxxxxxx

Certainly clients should pay for the missed appointment and you should tell all prospective clients up front that if they fail to keep the appointment there WILL be a charge for wasted time and expenses. That is the way to conduct business.

I certainly would not do the nails and leave it to them to pay at the next appointment!! That is NOT the way to conduct business.

probably easier said than done getting the money out of some people though :irked: I've turned up to do spray tans before and people have not been in! I put a business card through the letterbox to say that I had called and they had not been there, one lady called me back very apologetic, she'd been out to collect her wedding dress and traffic was heavy and she didnt have my number to call me, so I went back the following day and sprayed her.. couple of days later another one not in! left card, didnt hear a ****ie bird!! if she was to call me again I wouldnt go - I think it is very rude of people not to even acknowledge that they have messed you about! :irked:

What always puzzles me though is why these people think it is ok to just not be home? I wouldnt dream of it, would you? I think it is perfectly reasonable to charge a fee, and I think it would be reasonable to ask for deposits on long bookings. I would happily pay a deposit if I had booked.

me too, i would be willing to pay a deposit, but there is always a lesson to be learnt, once bitten lol, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

my customers know that they have to cancel their appointment at least 24 hours in advance otherweise i charge them 50% of the treaatment costs
never had to do so but this is mentioned in my folders so they know
when i don't show up for my dentist appointment that is also the case so why shouldn't we?

I think mobile techs just the same as salon techs will always get a few clients who ring to book appointments and then just dont turn up ring or anything. Firstly always take a contact number for the client and ring them the day of the appointment to check they haven't forgotten and they will be in etc Always ask for a deposit this way the client unless something totally unexpected happens is more likely to keep the appointment. Remember to Plan ahead :)

i made that mistake regards clients wasting my time as another few regular clients wanted the same time of the waster...it is annoying ..i thought about this charging for missed appointments unless a valid reason or 24 hr cancellation ..i know the salons do it as i put my hand upto that once with my hairdresser and i never moaned about it ...normally im quite upfront with my clients but at a lost on how to approach the you miss ..you still pay dilemia:confused:

there are sooooooo many threads about cancellations, no shows and confirming appointments (and advice in regard to them), my sympathy and advice is running quite thin.

so you have to basically be a bit brutal about it then ? ...missed appointments and wasted time ...i get the idea .

so you have to basically be a bit brutal about it then ? ...missed appointments and wasted time ...i get the idea .

A client who misses an appointment is not a client, its a time wasting cost center:irked:
Let them go back to getting the bus etc to go to a salon.
Why put up with it.
Especially with the rising cost of child care and fuel.
Be firm move on and refuse to re book them, build up a REAL client base, one that earns you money.
I was at another geeks house a while back and admired her flowers, they were from a client who, had been delyed, and our geek had squeezed her in, they were to say sorry and a big thank you, now thats the sort of client I want.

i agree re- timewasters they are definately not clients ...i'm making a note of the clients i've had regarding charging for missed appointments and introducing it onto my pricelist by way of a 3 strikes and ur out scheme ....time to be a bit firmer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back