Mobile waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jilly

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am a mobile therapist and use a wax pot to warm wax. Does anyone know an alternative to use that doesnt take as long to warm up. The wax pot is ok if I have a few waxes to do in a day but (as I am mobile) if its the only wax of the day then I am waiting at the clients home for it to warm. Hope there are plenty of ideas out there.

I do mobile waxing and it is not one of my most asked for treatments. In that case I normally have only one wax job of a day. I just put the wax on about 45mins-1 hour before I leave and then plug in as soon as I get to the customers house and I have never had a problem. Just make sure you keep the heater /s wedged in the car so they dont move around and spill.
x

Yeah I agree the wax pot can be warmed up for my first client of the day but if I am out all day I dont get the opportunity to warm the pot for someone later in the day. I was looking for a wax method that would warm in say half the time, to save hanging about for an hour.

Hi I'm mobile and I do loads of waxing but as I'm part time and have to drive between clients this is still something I have to think about. Basically don't fill your heater full of wax quarter fill it and plug it in as soon as you arrive. Set up your couch etc, prep your client by this time your wax will be melting at the edges and you can start. I honestly don't have a problem with strip wax. Non strip I do heat up before I leave. Xx

Have you thought about changing?? PHd by Ellisons is fantastic x

Clean & easy roller wax system heats up in 5 to 10 mins from cold no matter which wax is in the cartridges,
make sure it is one of the first items you take into the house and plug in,
by the time you have set up this will be ready to use every time, hth

I have sonthing that I can plug in my car and then plug the wax pot into it. Have a look in tescos. Think its called a can inverter xxx

I use Austrailian Organics strip wax (in a plastic tub) and i use my client's microwave to heat the wax up so it's pliable for about 3 - 4 minutes and check it every 45 ish seconds (so it's not runny runny liquid) then i drop it in my heater whilst i'm setting up.
I am aware that microwaving can cause hot spots, so i always always stir my wax throughly before i start and check the temperature on my wrist before starting.

At the end of my client, i drop the lid on the tub. wrap the pot in grease proof paper, and wrap it in a towel, and then, if i'm moving on to another wax, it retains its heat enough that it only takes about 5 - 10 minutes to warm up.

I always wax first, as i think other treatments like a manicure / pedicure or facial are the relaxation treat the client needs after waxing.

Rebecca

Go into Halfords - they do an adaptor for your car, you plug it into your cigarette lighter in your car, and the other end looks like a little extension lead. Plug your wax pot in to this, and it will heat your wax while you're driving between clients :)

Thanks everyone, gonna see how much the cost of Phd system and clean easy roller system are, will I have to have training to use these.

I use pot wax, I warm it up before a client and a wrap a towel round it. I find it keeps it warm and just incase it spills lol.
I used clean and easy I didn't get on with it and phd it's good but I prefer pot wax,,,, you can do training with both.

What heater are you using. I did mobile for 10 years and didn't have any problems. Took heater in first and plugged in then went and set up the rest of my stuff. By the time we were all ready the wax was melted enough around the edges to get a good start. Some heaters take longer than others so it may be that this is your problem. :)

Latest posts

Back