Moderators hey..do we need them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh come on gals, HE'S A GUY... what do you expect???

I know...why dont we start a 'Do we really need MEN' thread, I mean...how much better would this place (Earth!) be without them???

LMAO

(Sorry Sam, you're excluded obviously lol)

Brilliant...with you on this one...
Mods have saved my life....but MEN :irked: Pah....don't get me started!!!!!!!

Words can not express my personal gratitude for the exceptional job the moderator team does. These guys not only give up their time freely to keep the site professional, they do it in a way that other sites could only dream of.

When choosing moderators, it can be a tricky task because a great member does not always equate to a great mod. I have been blessed with a team that are not only model members of the site but members with excellent judgment on how to handle sticky matters.

Some may think that being a mod is life of glamor and unadulterated power. Trust me, its not. These guys can't just pop in, read a few threads and pop out... They have to read threads, fix titles, move threads into correct forums, deal with reported posts, email whinges, PM whinges, mediate member to member personality clashes, delete spam, dish out infractions for abusing the site, manage those infractions (and the whinges that come with them), discuss with the rest of the team on these matters, help new members discover the 'new thread' button, and more. Those aren't occasional tasks. Those are almost daily tasks! Only after dealing with all of that do they then get a chance to enjoy the site like the other 18,000 members.

I could rave on for another year and a half about this team and what they do, but let me save your tiring eyes by simply stating that this site would not exist without these guys. With the huge amount of housekeeping they do, I would have had no other choice than to close up shop under the sheer weight of the task trying to do it myself.

So when people ask why SalonGeek.com is so successful, attribute it first and foremost to your moderator team and secondly to the outstanding community they support.

I wish I had a clapping hands smiley....because I would use it now....:lol:

I think the thread for Sandi sums up how we feel about the mods...

I think another thing to mention is....the Mods have other jobs too...!!!!

but can I please moan about men????? :eek:

I wish I had a clapping hands smiley....because I would use it now....:lol:

I think the thread for Sandi sums up how we feel about the mods...

I think another thing to mention is....the Mods have other jobs too...!!!!

but can I please moan about men????? :eek:

There's a whole other site especialy created just for that..........
says it all really lmao
xx:hug:xx

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoping this helps

It doesnt matter if we are at work or play we still have to conduct ourselves within the parameters of the rules which surround us (set by others)and which both protect us and discipline those that don't.

Providing these rules are realistically achievable for those they are made for generally order prevails.

There are many forums where moderation is somewhat non existant and these sites are a complete nightmare and offer little or no constructive contribution to the human race whatsoever...let alone assistance to someone in need of it.

Clearly through a balanced approach to moderation this forum is the complete opposite because of the effectivnes of the moderators themselves as well as the rules set out for us.

These are my views however I was in fact asking fellow geeks for theirs opinions.

I do also feel that this topic..if constructive input is made has a lot more contributory merit than "who do you look like lol " etc has to offer...:hug:

I have been a member of a variety of forums.

I have been a moderator too, for a few of them.

It's a thankless job that is VERY DIFFICULT at the best of times.
Been there, done that, NEVER again :lol:
(especially when you have to bite your own tongue, or curb your own impulses BECAUSE you are a mod :grr:)

I must say, though, that this site is the best maintained, the most rounded and has the warmest community of ANY I have been a part of:!:
The mods do a fabulous job, and while some of us may not always agree on everything... at least we can agree that they do their best AND ought to be appreciated for it!!!

A site such as this one requires a lot of devotion and work.
The mods give of their own free time, to meet the needs of this site.
In addition, it's sometimes at the expense of their own personal feelings and rest assured, they do have some and they are sometimes hurt by those that don't appreciate how truly difficult their jobs are. No mistake, this is a REAL job without any of the benefits (such as a paycheck) that takes them away from true leisure time and their families.

We are indeed lucky to have such a group of mods, for without them; likely this site wouldn't be the wonderful place that it is.

So, a big round of applause for the mods.
clap2.gif

OMG....Victoria.......i knew you could put it into words how we feel....thank you ....xxxxxxxxx:hug:

Ahhhhh Victoria...it was YOU who had the clappy smiley....:lol:
We definitely need a clappy hands smiley... !!!!

Well i couldn't be one, like i couldnt be a teacher, id have my favourites and dislike everyone else:) .
Don't turn this tongue in cheek thread into a too serious one, a lot of good has actually come out of it, we now really know how hard it is to be a mod and how selectively they are picked and what they have to do.
At the end of the day we are a huge mass of people all chatting away exchanging views and mostly getting on but we have to have rules ..if we didn't have rules where would we be...etc etc.

:eek:Without the mods who is going to give me site assistance and a guiding hand when needed, who will tell me that I can't do that:smack: without being bitchy, and who else can I look up to besides Adele....:lick: have I grovelled enough or should I carry on.......

MODS YOU DO A GREAT JOB, THANKS

:hug:

Well firstly thank you for your overwhelming support for what we do. We don't always get it right, but we do try to! I think life would be made easier if we realised we CAN post what we think as long as it doesn't get personal and becomes non-constructive, that's when the trouble starts! Also why do some people ask for advice when they don't like the correct answer? That's the one that always gets me!

Anyway here's to geeking and all who post on it :hug::green::hug:

:eek:Without the mods who is going to give me site assistance and a guiding hand when needed, who will tell me that I can't do that:smack: without being bitchy, and who else can I look up to besides Adele....:lick: have I grovelled enough or should I carry on.......

MODS YOU DO A GREAT JOB, THANKS

:hug:

What a nice thing to say - especially about me:green::green::green:

It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it!

Hats off to the Mods, that's what I say.

What a nice thing to say - especially about me:green::green::green:

Well you have helped me a couple of times, so have a few others and to them also thanks:hug:

Absolutely fair shout to the mods....I personally wouldn't have the diplomacy to deal with some of the situations they have to deal with, I read them all and bow out silently.

OMG....Victoria.......i knew you could put it into words how we feel....thank you ....xxxxxxxxx:hug:

Awwwww thank YOU!

And btw, I thiefed the 'clapping' smiley from another site
:lol::lol:

I now know from where to steal pukey smiley's when we need them:lol::lol:

Well i couldn't be one, like i couldnt be a teacher, id have my favourites and dislike everyone else:) .
Don't turn this tongue in cheek thread into a too serious one, a lot of good has actually come out of it, we now really know how hard it is to be a mod and how selectively they are picked and what they have to do.
At the end of the day we are a huge mass of people all chatting away exchanging views and mostly getting on but we have to have rules ..if we didn't have rules where would we be...etc etc.

Well said Gill and glad that this thread is now getting the responses apropriate to the question raised giving consideration to the manner in which it was raised.:)

Clearly the mod's are getting the praises they justly deserve however judging by some of the responses moderation is something we could clearly not do without.

It is imperative to carefully read a question raised,consider the context in which the question had been raised ,taking a moment or two to consider a response (which should not be a personell one) and then doing so in a constructive manner....if you dont you could really make an a**e of yourself(weather you are a male or female)

The English language is not only one of spilling(-dam there I go again:lol::lol: )alone but covers a whole variety of issues.tone,content,context ,validility etc...many of which are far to often forgotten these days or not even considered which is undoubatably why so many problems occur -the exact reason moderators play an important roll...sorry guy's but you cant retire just yet:hug:

Just as a thought to consider..the initial question wasn't specifically relating to the Salon Geek itself..more a general one :hug::hug:

By the way ....who moderates the moderators:lol::lol:

sorry guy's but you cant retire just yet:hug:
well sheeet, and there I was thinking of booking into a nice hotel for a few months with the other mods :wink2:

By the way ....who moderates the moderators:lol::lol:
Sam moderates the mods, bless him, we're an unruly bunch really lol

There have been some fab replies to this thread :hug:

Latest posts

Back