More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Geeks,

I too have done this to promote myself (I have a home based Salon).
I currently work alongside a Bride shop owner - she promotes me for Bridal Work and I do make up for her catwalk shows in return; I also work alongside two photographers (both work for themselves) doing make up for their shoots and offer 'beauty packages' for their customers.
It is a brilliant way to promote yourself and finding other people to work with you end up offering a 'whole package' to Clients :Love:xxxx
ps I also work alongside a mobile hairdresser to which we offer Prom Packages too!!

If any of you geeks are on twitter they now do something called twellow.com twitters version of yellow pages x

Daily Deals marketing, could be a good route to promote your business if structured and implemented right...

If you're thinking about using daily deals sites like Groupon, Wahanda or Living Social and having studied the businesses that use it well (and not so well), I've put together a guide that can help you use daily deals marketing to effectively attract and KEEP clients you want without upsetting your loyal ones and becoming a daily deals slave.

Hope that helps. Jason

Daily Deals marketing, could be a good route to promote your business if structured and implemented right...

If you're thinking about using daily deals sites like Groupon, Wahanda or Living Social and having studied the businesses that use it well (and not so well), I've put together a guide that can help you use daily deals marketing to effectively attract and KEEP clients you want without upsetting your loyal ones and becoming a daily deals slave.

You can find out more here: Groupon And Daily Deals Marketing For The Beauty Industry

Hope that helps. Jason
You have to pay for it though, don't you?

Just wanted to say thank you for all the mentions for Lavish, and wonderful to hear that you are finding that its working well for your business.

I set up Lavish a couple of years ago with two aims in mind. To make it easier for people to give spa and beauty vouchers as gifts and to bring new clients to spas and salons in the. I am so proud to be working with close to 400 spa and beauty businesses in the UK. Our partners range from destination spas to high street salons which gives our customers a fantastic choice of places to spend their Lavish vouchers and a great range of services to spend them on from spa weekends and spa breaks to quick treatments at their local beauty rooms.

If you are looking for new ways of promoting your business we'd love to hear from you!

Just signed up...sounds great x

Just signed up, great that they accept home salons and not many in my area are signed too it yet!
Just want too say thanx Lynn and all, for some excellent advice x

All the way from Australia Lynne YOU ARE A GENIUS! I'm opening a home based salon in July and am starting to piece my marketing strategies together at the moment you have been a tremendous help!:hug:

As you know I'm a big fan of networking. I put together little goodie bags of swissdermyl samples to give to the ladies with a little card telling them how to use the products with a £10 voucher of their first facial and the salon contact details. I bought clear cellophane bags from eBay and some duck egg blue grosgrain ribbon and put the following into them
Cleanser
Toner
Repair serum
Enzyme peel
1st wrinkle day cream.

All of these products are fine for any skin and they give the recipient a chance to try a new range for free, with a lovely gift of money off.

I also sell these for a tenner in the salon and people buy them as little gifts. I'm not selling the samples though, because I get these free from swissdermyl; I'm selling the £10 voucher.
It's a great way to raise the brand profile, and people always love a freebie!

These are the sort of bags I mean

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I costed it all out to be about 30p when you take into account the bags, the ribbon and the cost of the vistaprint folded business cards containing the voucher, salon details and product instructions.

Most companies give away samples when you buy x amount of products from them, I think, so it shouldn't cost you to buy them.

YELL.COM!

I put up a free add but I had to get it taken off as I do mobile spray tans and it has my home address on there. BUT when I did have it up for a week or so I got 2 calls! (asking for sunbeds)
So I got it taken off and thought nothing of it!

Then I get a call from a very lovely man from yell.com offering me one of their packages! I went for it! So whenever someone googles Spray Tans Streatham and clicks on the yell.com link (which is usually only 3/4 down) I come up! And I will be put onto their mobile app which will be on all new O2 phones.

The way the man explained it all made it very appealing and he was very helpful and the price is very reasonable as well!

Have you tried direct Facebook messaging?

Find a club or group in your area and look at the list of members and send them a message about what you offer!

You can send about 20 per day before Facebook warns about spam. Works really well for us!

Cheers, I am going to try this deffox

I think I'm going to go to sleep then tomorrow start at page 1 again and go right through the whole thing...

Not sure if you guys have seen my Down in the Dumps thread or my Bucks Fizz, Anyone thread but if you have, 1) sorry for being so miserable and 2) it's time to go back through this thread and re-market with fresh eyes

I just want to thank everyone for contributing and sharing

Wishing us all great success

H x

Saving 4 tomorrow! Fab ideas every1 :)

Thank you all so much for the great ideas! I have been working through them all and they are starting to pay off :biggrin:

I also wanted to share a couple of things that I am currently doing. I attended my first Supporting Women in Business Meeting this week which was great for networking but also had a very good speaker talking about customer values and gaining loyal customers rather than just satisfied customers (loyal customers are more likely to spend more and keep coming back!). Here is the website details as they have meetings all over the UK so its worth checking out. Supporting Women in Business

For those of you in the Cotswolds its worth placing yourself on this website Shop Cotswolds - Cotswold Shopping and Lifestyle. They also send out newsletters to people that sign up and you can run offers or launches etc.

As I currently only offer nail treatments and spray tanning I have teamed up with a local makeup artist and hairdresser to offer prom packages (Nails, make-up, spray tan & hair-up). We have lots of Proms coming up in May at the local schools so we are designing a flyer to distribute with all the mums and at the local dress shops. I also know a local photographer that can take pics of the girls once they are looking fabulous for them to keep! If you can get the girls its a great chance to then get to know the mums too.

Hi

I have returned all the likes that I have received on my fb Ithaca hair page xx

Just saw this. Great! Still on pg 7 so I'll be on here all weekend. lol

Hi everyone...

Right I was almost reluctant to even share this as I've had such a good response rate...but I've sort of mentioned it before so here goes...

Facebook. What? erm...nooo I hear you say?

Well I found out the day before yesterday that it seems FB has changed the 'rules' slightly. LAst year myself and my other half spent a few days going through some 'posh' nightclubs facebook groups in our area and looked at their photos. We then sent direct messages to the people 'tagged' in them who looked like they fitted our criteria i.e. female, 30-50, well groomed/fashionable etc.

The problem was, at that time FB seemed to send us a warning message after about 20 messages saying 'it looks like you're spamming - please stop or your account will be suspended'.

However, we decided to give it another go recently as we got quite a few clients from the last one who ended up having four or five repeat treatments with us.

This time we seemed to be able to send out an unlimited amount without getting a warning message! I think FB has changed their stance on this unless users opt out by selecting the privacy option that says people cannot direct message them.

Now obviously, direct messages from companies can be annoying but our messages are really kinda friendly... We say stuff like 'really sorry if this isn't for you but we'd just like to let you know about....finishing with sorry again if you're not interested, have a good weekend...etc'

We've had some great responses from people saying they are really interested and want to bring friends!

Give it a go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone...

Well I found out the day before yesterday that it seems FB has changed the 'rules' slightly. LAst year myself and my other half spent a few days going through some 'posh' nightclubs facebook groups in our area and looked at their photos. We then sent direct messages to the people 'tagged' in them who looked like they fitted our criteria i.e. female, 30-50, well groomed/fashionable etc.

It's way easier to do this with Facebooks ad network than to manually click through - you can fairly easily specify female / age range / interests / area, and it's not as expensive as you'd probably expect.

If you head over to our website (www.premiersoftware.co.uk) , you can get the white paper I've just created for "12 Free Tools to Transform Your Business".

We've deliberately avoided the obvious Facebook / Twitter options, so there's a lot of items you might have overlooked previously.

Would love to hear comments / feedback :)
Will read it tomorrow and let you know. Thanks

Latest posts

Back