More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my first Lavish client last week - £100 voucher!! Thanks Lynne!!

Wow, Lynne, I'm impressed!

I've just started mobile spray tanning part time and I'm loving it. Only problem is, not enough clients. Daft thing is, my day job is marketing!!! Business to business but even so marketing! I'm finding that I've fallen into the trap of not applying what I know about marketing to help my own part time business. Thanks for the fab ideas and the kick up the backside that I really needed.

I'd already done some of the things you'd suggested but perhaps a little half hearted as I always feel I don't have enough time to do it properly. I will be making time from now on as I'd love to add more beauty services to my mobile business and eventually make the day job my part time job!

Thanks for all your help and advice and thanks to everyone else for their suggestions too.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned on here already as I'm only half way through the posts but, I've found twitter has brought in quite a few bookings. The best thing about tweeters is they like to tweet about how fab their new tan is! :)

I've also had custom handmade birthday cards made by a local lady who I spray tanned. I send these out to customers with a 10% off offer inside, little reminder about me and a thank you at the same time. I'm thinking of also including a free sachet of sienna x exfoliating body wash - hint, use this then ring me. The cards really were not expensive and she advertises herself on the back of them too with a small logo, she's just won small business sunday on twitter (Theo Pathetis competition) Made With Love Designs - Handmade Greetings Cards and helps to promote her client's business on twitter too.

C :)

Charlietans - how do you get business through twitter? I've managed to set an account up and follow the local gyms, clubs etc but so far no-one follows me and no-one has every tried to contact me back LOL

Charlietans - how do you get business through twitter? I've managed to set an account up and follow the local gyms, clubs etc but so far no-one follows me and no-one has every tried to contact me back LOL

I'd also love to know the answer to this! X

What I do on Twitter is go to the search option put in a 1 to 5 mile radius then search 'spray tan' or 'nails' or whatever your treatment is. Bam - you find all your customers! Then reply to all of them suggesting your services.

What I do on Twitter is go to the search option put in a 1 to 5 mile radius then search 'spray tan' or 'nails' or whatever your treatment is. Bam - you find all your customers! Then reply to all of them suggesting your services.
Brilliant idea!

Gonna add to your rep.

Bare with me. Xx

Posting so I can keep an eye on this thread, some really great ideas ladies :d

Fantastic! I have twitter but never use it. Can you link it fb so I can automatically update twitter via my fb status?

Is there an iPhone/pad app, that might make it easier for me. I'm off to investigate.

Brill! I've just opened a Twitter account, but I'm useless. How do you do a search for a particular area? Think I need to go on a course! Thanks for tip. Xxx

Am I being dumb? Can't find anywhere to put a 1-5 mile search radius?!! Didn't realise you could do this but would be so helpful! Thanks x

I carnt find it either

Twitter search - Go to the little clog sign right hand corner and click on advance search this will giv you the choices you need x

I have a feeling that it doesn't work on iPad, iPhone etc!

I would always recommend NEVER linking your facebook stream to your twitter stream.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling that it doesn't work on iPad, iPhone etc!

Ahh, I think that's why I can't find it. Anyone know of any twitter tutorials? I just don't understand it!

Why you should never link fb and twitter:

1. The audiences have different expectations of content
2. Twitter should be pretty constant, fb only once or twice a day.
3. If a customer follows you in both places, it becomes annoying to see same message twice.
4. You're not using each medium to its best advantage.

Latest posts

Back