My Whole World Has turned Into A Night Mare Please Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny2

Reaction score
:cry::cry::cry: Guys i do not no whether to scream, shout kick the living day lights out of some one or simply sit in a chair rock back ward and forwards and sob:cry::cry:

For those of you that do not no i rented a room about four weeks ago from a tanning studio, i have had issue after issue with staff memebers, who are all relitives of the man who ownes the shop. I have spent every penny i have to give the shop the best chance, Clients have loved me but i have had everything from the carpet on your stairs is dusty, to you should be able to do a set of nail extensions in an hour and if you can not i would not bother, to we are going to move premises to buying the premises off the man who is a member of there family to they are not moving or buying the business to undermining me infront of clients.
Well i had had enough so decided to call it day. No contract has been sighned as they did not have time but a verbal agreement of three months was said at the begining. Well i paid a bond, sold my car to fund, bought a banger, took the rubbish off the people there and came to a decision to go home based and mobile and get my back side out of there.
I informed the ladies who were his family, they did not want me to leave, even though they have driven me mad, and said they wished me all there best from the bottom of there hearts.
But the owner the partner of one of the ladies has said i am not getting my bond back as we had a verbal agreement and he wants another months rent from me, or he will take me to court. Guys please i need your help were do i stand on this matter and verbal agreements. This man is a heartles *******. I still have stuff in the shop and the keys and am dredding fetching it, thats if they let me take it(that will be the next thing)

Then the man after saying i can not have my bond and he wants my rent for the extra month said he would preffer it if i just went back to my room and continued work as he thinks i would do well!!!!!!! Am i cracking up or what. Please guys emergency help required:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Okay Sweetie.....

Breathe.....

Now. What do you want? When you are quiet and listen to the voice of reason in your head, what is it saying that you should do?

Okay, so they are not easy people to deal with...unfortunately, not everyone is. But...let's not burn any bridges, that's an important life lesson.

It sounds like you have just had enough! I can't blame you one bit. I would have wanted to cause a huge scene and storm out.

Lucky for you and I, we ARE professionals, right? Having a hissy fit is not an option.

So, even though you feel disrespect, ultimately you need to realize that they DO want you there, even if they need to be taught how to treat you. They lack respect and good judgement, but Honey, you can put them in their place.

If no written contract has been done, then YOU write it. You clearly state what YOUR conditions are. That way your a** is covered, in writing.

Go back to work Honey. Don't let their unprofessionalism ruin a good opportunity for you.

Best of luck!

After tomo i never want to enter those premises again, proffesionalisum a side i have had enough. All my ladies are coming to me here and i simply will not tolerate the way i have been treated any more. I have not been able to write all the things that have gone on as i would be writting one huge essay.

But i want to no were i stand in regards to verball agreements my bond and having to pay an extra months rent to take me up to three months.

They only want me there to help with there finances and the fact the room will probably be empty for a long time. Theses people are horrific examples of good landlords and money grabbing well sorry they have just made my life a misery and still are evn though i have decided to leave.
Sorry hum i am just so angry xxxx

they way you have been treated is not right!
i would never stand for this, you did the right thing to walk out!!!
he cant just decide you owe him money with no contract he wont have a leg to stand on, hes just threatening you because he has lost his control game!
if it were me id march in there with my boyf or friends collect my stuff and tell him to shove, you will find a lovely, friendly salon to work in, as you deserve!
the only person whos proffesionalism is affected is theres.....xxxxxxx

Thank you lizzie, i sit here in floods of tears as i type because i am heart broken. These people have been a night mare from day one. I think i will need to contact citizens advice burough on monday in regards to my rights because this guy means business. He can keep my bloody deposit but i certainly do not want to give him any more money when no agreement has been sighned and the fact they have treated me so badly. But i think this guy will more than likely send the bay lifts in or take me to court. He has money and i have not, what chance do i have.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I have to say after reading your thread i agree with lizzie and saucygirl.
I myself wouldn't have stood for this and i certainly would not back down.:mad:

I think the attitude of the man is appalling and the way you have been treated is awful , it is stated they DO want you there ,but they have been disrespectful to you, so if it's any help hun ,they have lost a good therapist, but saying that i would pick myself up, sort my head out and get my thinking cap on and go back ..stand your ground and state your terms not his and have a written contract drawn out.

You are obviously passionate about your work and it sounds as the main boss wanted to control you,put you down,shatter your confidence and it has affected your self esteem, a case of "he says jump & you ask how high" so to speak.

As for the bailiffs & money that you are supposed to owe him well he's just threatening you...stand your ground ..don't bow or back down from his control game.

There is no signed agreement..all you have is a verbal agreement\contract...did he record it on a tape recorder or Dictaphone>?
i think not!!.

As you said Jenny you have made your mind up to leave ..it's a shame as they have lost a good therapist. Do go to the citizens advice people and seek some advice ,they can help as much as they can.

you might want to consider taking some friends or your a few family members with you to get your belongings in case there is a confrontation,which you probably want to avoid anyway.

good luck and let us know either way. sending you a:hug: to cheer you up xx

Hi Hun,
I am on so early as I am off to work, not on nails Other!!! See my shout of the day.
But had to peek on the site.
Hun, take no more of it. Get in there with a family member or friend, a few of you is best, you want to take everything in one hit, even if you need 2 cars. Go in in force, they won't know what to do or say.
He is and so are his family BULLIES. They do not have a leg to stand on, verbal agreements are worth nothing, he can't prove anything, same as you can't, only part you may be able to prove is your bond, that is if you gave a cheque.
Go and get some advice, but it will just settle you, he can't do anything, Balifffs would laugh at him, and you won't get your bond back, I think you already know that.
Carry on with your nails, keep us posted, PM if you like I will listen, had a bad salon experience too, another story!!!!!!!!! Mine is quite funny, PM you it Monday.
Have a good day.
Lotsa luv x :hug:

Hi I really empathise with you. I have unfortunately been there a few times with unscrupulous people in the past and will not rent rooms from people. One woman I rented from belonged to a religious cult and took one of my machines until I paid her money she said I owed her (which I did not). My mum went and got it back for me in the end and paid the money. Which I think you should do because the stress is just not worth it. Take some one with you and clear your stuff out. I feel if he really is a nasty piece of work it is better to cut your losses. The other thing I would do is get advice from your local police station.

Hi Jenny

You know what I think - since we've spoke on the phone! At the end of the day it's your decision - nobody else knows how you feel. Think it all through carefully and as already mentioned - if you leave, take hubby with you to collect your property.

Best of luck to you and big hugs!

Coffee and cakes will be waiting!

I don't want to say that I told you so.......but I told you so.

You've GOT to toughen up Jen. I think you should just go back to the salon and continue working. You can whistle Dixie for that deposit because you'll never get that back, even if you stay there 10 years.

So, it sounds like your choices are:-

1. Walk away and lose your deposit but have peace of mind

2. Go back and continue to build a thriving business, which doesn't happen overnight.

Now stop crying and be strong. Crap happens to us us but you can either lay down and let these people walk all over you, or you can stand up and show 'em what you're made of.

Good luck Jen. Go for it.......you're worth so much more.

xxxxx:hug:

arr tell him to stick it.
He wont take you to court thats the most stupid thing ive heard, hes got your deposit and if he couldnt be bothered making a written agreement out befor you started thats his daft fault.
There aint nothing he can do it wont stand in court they will laugh at him its your word against his just leave, it aint worth being misserable over work.
Go mobile then youll have no one to answer to or to worry about. xx:hug:

Working in an unpleasant environment makes your day bad before you even start and then you dread the next day. No one deserves their working life to like that. I appreciate you being angry and it is human, when you have cooled down a little you can then get things organised.

CAB is the ideal place to get advice from, knowing where you stand legally is the best way to deal with things, do you have proof you paid the owner the deposit and that is what it is for? plus being a verbal agreement makes it his word against yours.

Taking a few people with you at once may cause others to become aggressive, you dont want that. One would be plenty and then you will have someone there for you.

It takes a strong person to say when enough is enough. Keep your chin up honey it will be sorted soon.
x

As Kim has said, there is no way Jose that you will get your deposit back but do go and get some advice. At the end of the day though, even if he does have money, the law is the law and if CAB say you are in the right, then money won't make any difference.

I do hope you get it sorted though.

Jenny hun,
I can feel what you are going through, however, I think we should concentrate on bringing out out your better nature so that you can think straight and focus on starting up your home salon. Here's giving you a big hug :hug::hug:

Thank you lizzie, i sit here in floods of tears as i type because i am heart broken. These people have been a night mare from day one. I think i will need to contact citizens advice burough on monday in regards to my rights because this guy means business. He can keep my bloody deposit but i certainly do not want to give him any more money when no agreement has been sighned and the fact they have treated me so badly. But i think this guy will more than likely send the bay lifts in or take me to court. He has money and i have not, what chance do i have.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

He wont and the reason will be because when you are someone that runs their business in the way he does, all verbal agreements etc etc you have something to hide and you run the rest of your business the same way.

I dont even suppose the inland revenue or his insurers health and safety etc even knew you were renting the space.

Did you pay him cash for rent ,did you get any receipts it sounds to me as though nothing with him was above board ,act like you know this, call his bluff for a while. Did he provide you with any stock at all ,if he did then he should have actually employed you, i think even if he takes your bookings he has to employ you.Dont pay him anymore money he should be the one worried not you honestly truth be known you could probably legally take him to the cleaners.
Hes relying on your inexperience and innocence.You would be surprised what obligations there are for people to their workforce even when they rent a room out and im sure hes not following any of them.

Whos on the payroll for a start i bet they all work cash in hand ,does everything go through the till,have a think i bet you will find you know a lot more about dodgy practise than you realise.

Hi Chicken,
Sounds like you've been through the mill with this guy and his relations ! You've learned a hard lesson here, learn from it and move on. But sort this git out first !!!

I really think your on the right track with a visit to the CAB, i'm pretty sure they'll tell you a verbal contract is your word against his.

As for taking you to court or balliffs, i'm sure they've got bigger fish to fry. Take yourself along to your local police station and have a chat with an officer about where you stand legally with regard to taking your stuff back, do you have any receipts for your equipment to prove ownership ? Credit card statements could also be used. They might also advise you about the best way to go about getting it back. Then when you go to the tanning place you'll know your rights and be ready for him.

This man sounds like a bully and all bullies are cowards if you march in there with your head held high and tell him a few facts you'll scare the crap out of him ! :eek:

The above post about looking into his obligations to you as regards being a tenent of his is also really good advice.

Last edited:
Hi kim, in regards to me needing to be stronger to a degree i am in agreeance. But i think i was damn brave to be honest especially as i have sold my car and sow fourth. Allot of you are right this man and the people are bullies. They are all sweet taliking one min then horrable then nice, to the degree were you never no were you stand. But i have gained over fifty new clients, clients that are so inpressed with me as a person, that i take my time and do not rush them out of the door, that had there best interests at heart. I have learnt a valued lesson and i will not go down that route again.

I went with my husband yesterday to fetch some stuff, he was not there only a member of staff. I got it sighned to say i had handed over the keys and then rang ian the bloke who ownes the shop up. I told him that i had handed the keys in, had the room checked and sighned for and that after our conversation the other day, i found out that a verbal contract is valid on a month to month basis, that i had given him four weeks rent in advance and the bond was my four weeks notice to leave. He said yes you are right and he can not get the third month from me. He then said what about my electric bill, you owe me a months electric. I said i gave you a months rent in advance which was the agreement to be paid. He said he will see me in court, and i said i look forward to it. But to be honest with you like you said he did not have tome to do me a contract so time will tell.

This will not defeat me, i have a beauty room to set up at home and a car to fill with petrol, watch this space guys because it can only get better from here.

Thank you all so much for your kind words and support, do not no what i would do with out you guys. xxxx

omg!! this idiot is clutching at straws!!
he backs down on the rent, then thinks of something else!!!! lol
laugh in his face, every thing you said sounds to me like you are a very proffessional assertive bussiness woman, and are sure to go far....
unlike him......he!he! :hug:

Hi kim, in regards to me needing to be stronger to a degree i am in agreeance. But i think i was damn brave to be honest especially as i have sold my car and sow fourth. Allot of you are right this man and the people are bullies. They are all sweet taliking one min then horrable then nice, to the degree were you never no were you stand. But i have gained over fifty new clients, clients that are so inpressed with me as a person, that i take my time and do not rush them out of the door, that had there best interests at heart. I have learnt a valued lesson and i will not go down that route again.

I went with my husband yesterday to fetch some stuff, he was not there only a member of staff. I got it sighned to say i had handed over the keys and then rang ian the bloke who ownes the shop up. I told him that i had handed the keys in, had the room checked and sighned for and that after our conversation the other day, i found out that a verbal contract is valid on a month to month basis, that i had given him four weeks rent in advance and the bond was my four weeks notice to leave. He said yes you are right and he can not get the third month from me. He then said what about my electric bill, you owe me a months electric. I said i gave you a months rent in advance which was the agreement to be paid. He said he will see me in court, and i said i look forward to it. But to be honest with you like you said he did not have tome to do me a contract so time will tell.

This will not defeat me, i have a beauty room to set up at home and a car to fill with petrol, watch this space guys because it can only get better from here.

Thank you all so much for your kind words and support, do not no what i would do with out you guys. xxxx

Good for you Honey, to stand your ground.
Chalk this up to a learning experience-sometimes we are forced to test our resolve-and you did just fine.

Best of luck to you...you'll be just fine.

Guys can i just say a great big thank you to all!:hug:

This is not going to get me down:)

Guys i am going to be sighning off for a few days, as have to take the computer to bits to rea locate it to my bedroom as i have a beauty room to get ready. Hopefully when i come back on i will have photos of my new room.

Again thank you, and to any one else going to rent a room, just be carefull, check all small print and find out as much as you can about the room you will rent. Rather than having a horrific experience like i have. But i hope my eperience has done me good because i will rise above this and show everyone that i can make a go of it and bring some good to the beauty industry.

Love to all and take care jenny xxs:hug:

Latest posts

Back