Nail Art with Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Shellac for this purpose. It's very easy to use and looks fantastic. I use Shellac for painting designs over Brisa Enhancements. Just need more bold colours.

i was thinking that the other day shellac does need more bold colours :D please bring some out x

You girls are amazing can't wait till I can do stuff like that :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Shatter effect Shellac. Hollywood 2 layers then before applying topcoat lay down some leaf over the entire nail and use a rough brush to scrub the foil into the shellac this will create the aged or shatter effect, then top coat.
Jen xxx
251652_10150271102927962_615977961_7508122_7473289_n.jpg

The nail art in this thread is fab, could anyone give any examples of leopard print?

Thans

The nail art in this thread is fab, could anyone give any examples of leopard print?

Thans
Ask and ye shall recieve. lol
Tutti frutti, with decadence and gotcha leopard print with MOP
268409_10150264988152962_615977961_7445168_2107052_n.jpg

Cocoa and Black Pool Shellac over Brisa overlay.
Your work is fantastic!!! Do you ever make any tutorial vids on youtube at all??? You'd have tons of peeps watching and learning x

I love the swirl design.....i must try this :D

Your work is fantastic!!! Do you ever make any tutorial vids on youtube at all??? You'd have tons of peeps watching and learning x

I agree...would be great to see

me too, i'd love to be shown how to do all ur designs.xx

Shatter effect Shellac. Hollywood 2 layers then before applying topcoat lay down some leaf over the entire nail and use a rough brush to scrub the foil into the shellac this will create the aged or shatter effect, then top coat.
Jen xxx
251652_10150271102927962_615977961_7508122_7473289_n.jpg

Love this affect!

Thans

My version, copied and inspired by busybee... :)

Iced Cappucino and Negligee with Red Baroness leopard spots outlined with black acrylic paint.

Attachments

• Iced Cappuccino & Leopard Print Shellac.jpg
    Iced Cappuccino & Leopard Print Shellac.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 6,687
My version, copied and inspired by busybee... :)

Iced Cappucino and Negligee with Red Baroness leopard spots outlined with black acrylic paint.
Nice Job Claire, love the colour Combo :hug:
Jen xxx

Love this affect!
I went and did all the nails after I did just this one and OMG they were so sparkly and shiny really caught the light. Loved them.
Thanks Tammie :hug:
Jen xxx

Attachments

• 22072011781.jpg
    22072011781.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 5,288
I went and did all the nails after I did just this one and OMG they were so sparkly and shiny really caught the light. Loved them.
Thanks Tammie :hug:
Jen xxx

Jen, I hope you feel that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery 'cuz I am sooooooo gonna' try this on my own nails! :wink2:

Jen, I hope you feel that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery 'cuz I am sooooooo gonna' try this on my own nails! :wink2:
Thats why I post so others can share and be inspired :hug:, try away the only thing I ask is that you upload a pic when you are done :cool:.
Just make sure that you apply the leaf after you have cured the colour coat for 2 mins, when I redid the whole nails I buffed the ones that just had flecks and re-added base coat, but it was too wet after curing still for the Leaf to stick properly.
So apply over cured colour for a really smooth finish or it will end up lumpy and you will also drag the colour coat into the leaf if it's not cured properly.
Jen xxx

Thanks for the tip, Jen. Will do!

Thanks busybee and Claire they are both lovely.
If I was trying to do a traditional leopard print what colours would u suggest, I was thinking obviously fedora but not sure on the base, maybe cocoa? And mayne black outline on the spots? I've got party at end of the month and wanted to do my nails in leopard lol! Xx

Thanks busybee and Claire they are both lovely.
If I was trying to do a traditional leopard print what colours would u suggest, I was thinking obviously fedora but not sure on the base, maybe cocoa? And mayne black outline on the spots? I've got party at end of the month and wanted to do my nails in leopard lol! Xx

Oooooo, post a picture please.

Latest posts

Back