Nail Art with Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Natalaliya, how much extra do you charge for this ontop of a enhancement service?

I too would be interested know the answer to this

Jojo and Karen, I charge 20% of the price of Brisa rebalance for Shellac Finish. And from £2.50 to £10 top of that for art, depending on the difficulty.

It's difficult to encourage people to have nail art, especially, when they have to pay for it.

Start by offering one ring finger art (something relatively simple and not time consuming) on the house. It worked for me at the start. Now I know if they want it they will pay for it.

Make up colour pops with some Shellac nail art, attach a price to it ( how much you wish to
Charge per nail) and display at your station. You will see how much interest it would generate.

And remember to share it with us here)

Best of luck;)

Many thanks Nataliya! :biggrin: I was wondering if you would charge more if its a Shellac finish! Because if you didn't then it wouldn't be worth doing has it would be quicker/cheaper to do normal nail art.
Jojo and Karen, I charge 20% of the price of Brisa rebalance for Shellac Finish. And from £2.50 to £10 top of that for art, depending on the difficulty.

It's difficult to encourage people to have nail art, especially, when they have to pay for it.

Start by offering one ring finger art (something relatively simple and not time consuming) on the house. It worked for me at the start. Now I know if they want it they will pay for it.

Make up colour pops with some Shellac nail art, attach a price to it ( how much you wish to
Charge per nail) and display at your station. You will see how much interest it would generate.

Best of luck;)

Best of luck;)

Hiya, :)

Just out of interest also, do you display these prices on you price list or do you simply tell the client if they ask for it?

Just wondering because I'm trying to keep my price list simple without being to complicated if you know what I mean.

Thanks a million, your work is AMAZING! :) xx

Best of luck;)

Thank you for your help! And your good ideas :)

WOW!! If u could see me staring at these awesome designs!! Looks like I'm tying to catch flies!!! Lol!! Some fab ideas here! I knew Shellac was amazing, but now I see I can do so much more with it. :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1306345269.770458.jpg

Something very different and very very quick and easy with Shellac , photos not the best I'm going to do some on real nails tomorrow I think :)

View attachment 7759

Something very different and very very quick and easy with Shellac , photos not the best I'm going to do some on real nails tomorrow I think :)

OK Mizzy... spill the beans, how did you do that?

Step by steps pretty please :biggrin:

OK Mizzy... spill the beans, how did you do that?

Step by steps pretty please :biggrin:

This looks like wrinkled Shellac with a lighter colour rubbed into the wrinkles .. not sure this would be a good idea as you could not ensure the longevity of the product to the client if the Shellac is thick and wrinkled.

Looks like a textured surface to me, i can see through the print and i think i can see her brush handle at the back. Could be a wrong guess but looks very pretty.....come on spill the beans please! :biggrin:

Mizzy_Dizzy... I bet your hands are constantly covered in glitter!? :lol:

This looks like wrinkled Shellac with a lighter colour rubbed into the wrinkles .. not sure this would be a good idea as you could not ensure the longevity of the product to the client if the Shellac is thick and wrinkled.

It's hard to see isn't it?

It doesn't look like wrinkles to me... looks more like she pressed something onto the Shellac to create a pattern.

Well that's what I thought it looked like! :)

Is there MINX or something underneath it?? Come on, spill, spill :D

Sorry lol I totally forgot!
Geeg is right she knows I emailed her the other day to ask about wearability of wrinkled shellac ;)

It was a total mistake that I did this I was doing some nail art and totally lost track of the thin layers lol and it crinkled so I was going to cover it with black pool and as I applied that thin it caught the crinkle and looked cool, kind of like animal print,

With top coat it's smooth as always not bumpy ,

I'm not sure how good the wearability will be I'm going to try it on me first and see how it goes ,

Mizzy_Dizzy... I bet your hands are constantly covered in glitter!? :lol:

lol not just my hands my house , kids , cats , it's every where even the dyson filters :)

Shellac and Colour & Effects over Brisa overlay)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1308179096.726154.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1308179096.726154.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 1,055
I love everyones nail art :) How longs does it take to apply nail art like that on a client ? and what would it cost to have nail art like that done ?

Just curious cause its not your typical manicure.

I love everyones nail art :) How longs does it take to apply nail art like that on a client ? and what would it cost to have nail art like that done ?

Just curious cause its not your typical manicure.

It doesn't take that long really. It depends on the difficulty of the design required. Can take 5 min but can also be 30 min extra.

I charge for time and skill. Anything between £1-£10 per nail. With Shellac art I charge extra £5-£10 on top of my Shellac price.

Wow! All of these nails are amazing! And to think the most I've tried with shellac so far is layering! Think I need to have a play!

Heres a new one I did today to match my pink cheetah Minxed toes.
264676_10150248946942962_615977961_7291713_641581_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back