Nail Bar in Tesco's?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CadenceAlex

Reaction score
Decided to go to check out the new Tesco's store - not the supermarket part.. it sells all hardware/soft furnishings... clothes/TV's etc etc...

.. and when coming down the escalator I saw in the corner the words 'Nail Bar' - there was one long desk and I could see products, pretty much like a Nail Bar would be... but it also had a huge Sally Hansen logo on....

.. has anyone else seen this in Tesco's?

It was located to the right of the front door, not somewhere I'd want to go to have my nails done... in between the cosmetics aisle and the underwear!

I should have gone over to have a proper look but the place was rammed (new store).

i have not seen this.where are you located?i have a near by tescos that sells all the same type of stuff but i havent been there for a while.as if shopping doesnt take long enough as it is,let alone getting your nails done while you're there:rolleyes:,no offense.i will have to keep a look out at our tescos.:)

Nothing would surprise me with Tescos just another continuation of their quest for total world domination.What pie havent they got their fingers in.:eek:
They have nailbars in supermarkets in america so it was only a matter of time.

We have a nail bar and a hairdressers in our local market.
Class.

Safeway (now Morrisons) did this a few years back in their Superstores, and It never really caught on.
One of my regular clients used to use it though.
When she took her elderly mother for her shopping she would stick her mum there to get a file and polish so she could do the shopping in peace and pick her up when she was done!!!!!
They didn't do enhancements just manicures etc.

Safeway (now Morrisons) did this a few years back in their Superstores, and It never really caught on.
When she took her elderly mother for her shopping she would stick her mum there to get a file and polish so she could do the shopping in peace and pick her up when she was done!!!!!

or you could send the hubby round with the trolley whilst you get atreatment yourself.or maybe handy for a repair.
i think this type of set up is fairly common in usa, like another geek said, it was only a matter of time. ive seen this sort of thing in selfridges and debenhams, though they never seem to have much trade.

i'm not sure that we are ready for it over here . although perhaps it would appeal to some who find the idea of going in to a salon a little nervewracking. maybe for some it would seem more comfortable to have a treatment done in familiar surroundings. i dont fancy it myself though.

we have a beauty salon hairdressers and nail bar in the Tesco's at Kingston park in Newcastle

what will they think of next!!

Our local Safeways did this to and I don't think I ever saw one person at the nail bar or a technician for that matter !

I remember them advertising for a therapist or technician and the wages were quite good, think it was £13,000 pa.

I think as its Tescos it could catch on, remember when they first started selling clothes ? No-one I knew would admit they bought clothes from Tescos now everyone does !

"Hey , your nails look nice! Where did you get them done?"
"Tesco"
"Oh....."

(Just see it now, nail art with TESCO logo!):lol:

"Hey , your nails look nice! Where did you get them done?"
"Tesco"
"Oh....."

(Just see it now, nail art with TESCO logo!):lol:

You know for someone with a very busy day or even childcare lined up who might not be able to get shopping done and have time for a luxury like a seperate nail appointment some where else while Granny's got the kids getting her nails done at Tesco's would probably seem like a great treat?

If my nails looked great I'd have no worries saying I got them done at Tesco's. :):hug:

I remember this a while ago but think it didn't catch on because they targeted it at the wrong time.
Nowadays people get everything at the supermarket.
Groceries, phones, credit cards, loans, mortgages, clothes, holidays....
When I used to work for The Link we thought it was crazy that tesco started selling mobile phones as they wouldn't have the type of training we had but would still be roping people into 12 months contracts. :eek:

As long as they have a properly trained tech in there i see no problem with it. I'd kill for that customer flow!
However... If they are just slinging a nail desk in the front of the store - Is it really going to be sanitary?
With all the stuff in the papers lately about the bad hygene practices at various supermartkets, I don't think i'll be rushing down to try them out, But it'll really be down to the individual tech.

I think this is great...it introduces more people to getting their nails done.....and then they can come to me and get them done properly!

Not saying that Tesco's won't do a decent job, but its like the NSS, if you want a quick 'nail fix' go there. If you want your nahnds and nails to be treated and pampered, come to me. There will be some that will always go to NSS or Tesco's, but they will be the ones who don't look after their nails anyway and will be the pain in the bum clients to me!

It all raises the profile of our industry and the treatments available.

i remember a while back they had sunbeds in there....i used them once and it was horrible....someone tried the door to see if it was being used...i could here everyone doing there shopping....when i came out everyone was looking.....not private at all.

I can imagine the experience to be the same with having nails done there....why cant they just stick to fruit and veg and stop trying to have all there fingers in all the pies !!!............do i go around selling tinned soup and milk !!!!

great thats all we need !!!!

soon you'll be able to pop to tesco in the morning and get everything done and bought by tea time................not always a good thing ..

Have to say I'm not that keen on this idea. Just doesn't seem that professional IMO. I know I wouldn't want to be sat on view having everyone watching over my shoulder or staring as they go past, not nice. Plus its not a relaxing environment. Wonder what they would charge though & for what treatments? Can you just imagine people haven't their feet out near the fruit & veg, ewwwwwww lol, doesn't bare thinking about!! :eek:

I'm all for one-stop shopping, but this is a little bit much don't you think?

I suppose it could be a lot worse though, they could have set up their nail bar at their petrol station .... "a manicure with your unleaded madam?" !!!!

i wonder if they are going to offer a VALUE option too?>? xx

dont forget your tesco points.....how many are a set of nails worth...???...:lol:.....and are they open 24 hours too.

Get two nails painted, get one free?!

Latest posts

Back