Nail Gems positioned around the smile line

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just use my dotting tool dabbed into the top bit of the pump bottle that i store my scrubfresh in, i, then apply ono tiny dabs of brisa top gloss, then cure for 10 secs
then apply on the nail again, ( but not over the gems lol)

and i hate nail art but i did this on someone a few weeks ago!

I was just wondering .....can you put a thin coat of l & p on ..place the gems with adhesive, then l & p over the top..so they are actually in the enhancement rather than protruding off the surface of the enhancement?
Yes you can,
But this then gives them an appearence like flatstones rather than the way they are supposed to look,
also they tend to look dull.
Here is a picture I did a long time ago, on the ring fingers you can see how the rhinestones look under l+p.
I personally don't like them done this way.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/emmsybabes/Picture220-1.jpg

No, definitely not embedded, it makes the stones look completely flat. Nice nails though.

it all depends on the gem you use. plastic gems don't do fine embedded, but real crystal, swarowsky, usually still look like diamonds.

Yes you can,
But this then gives them an appearence like flatstones rather than the way they are supposed to look,
also they tend to look dull.
Here is a picture I did a long time ago, on the ring fingers you can see how the rhinestones look under l+p.
I personally don't like them done this way.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/emmsybabes/Picture220-1.jpg

cheers for showing me that..they look nice to me...i guess you have to experiment with these things for yourself to appreciate the difference :)

it all depends on the gem you use. plastic gems don't do fine embedded, but real crystal, swarowsky, usually still look like diamonds.

they sound expensive?!:lol:

Ive just bought several from scatter crystals. They are gorgeous and super fast delivery! Will be using them from now on. x

agree with whatever is said by anyone, but i NEVER topcoat gems (it gives them an instant plastic look) I secure them in wet polish, then do topcoat just around them (but not over them) this way they will look (and reflect)like diamonds rather than tacky plastic stones.

Me too! I apply a coat of finish gel or glaze n go, position crystals on smile line picking them up with a cocktail stick dipped in top coat. Cure and Oil.

I did these for a friend for her engagement party a few weeks ago - applied top coat and set stones in that, then another layer of topcoat over, it does dull the shine a bit but I worry if I don't topcoat whole nail it won't hold as well! I shall have to experiment!

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x204/ophala/IMG_04322.jpg

Hi Ladies

Just a quick thanks on the tip for the Scatter Crystals place. Had not heard of them before.

xx

Hi,iv had a look at the website scattercrystels but which are the small flat back one for the nail art,i think they was a size 5 i cant remeber any clues? thanks

SS5 and they are flat back non hot fix. HTH

Thats sorted that for me bagpuss thanks,is the ss5 the smallest or is it the just about right size do you think plz?

Sometimes if a client wants gems adding for a special occasion i generally set the gems in the acrylic. This way they have no raised edges and the nail is smooth and the client is not in fear of loosing them for their special occasion. (this does obviously mean the gems are there to stay until new set) but with my clients its not a problem.

There is NO WAY a stone sparkles as much when it's coated in polish (or acrylic for that matter).

Compare a "coated" one with a "naked" one (side by side), the covered one will look plastic and the uncovered one will sparkle, thats the whole point of adding "facets" to a stone, topcoating stones makes an expensive crystal look cheap.

There is NO WAY a stone sparkles as much when it's coated in polish (or acrylic for that matter).

Compare a "coated" one with a "naked" one (side by side), the covered one will look plastic and the uncovered one will sparkle, thats the whole point of adding "facets" to a stone, topcoating stones makes an expensive crystal look cheap.

I agree, I use Swarovski crystal and they glitter like real diamonds - unless you cover them.

I've never had anyone lose a stone and I just run the gel or topcoat round the stones.

Thats sorted that for me bagpuss thanks,is the ss5 the smallest or is it the just about right size do you think plz?

The ss5 are smallest 1.8mm and the perfect size for ail art. I also bought some of the ss9 2.6mm which are slightly bigger but still fit nicely without looking large on the nail.

Hi Yes We Done That At College We Put The Gems On The Tip And And Then Applied L&p Over The Top And They Turned Out Lovely

Latest posts

Back