Nails Inc selling nail wraps to the public!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa10

Reaction score
I've just seen on Facebook that nails Inc have created there own version of minx and it's available for clients to buy an do themselves!!!! Not happy about this :grghhhh:

Really?I haven't seen them. It doesn't make sense cause I no they offer minx treatments aswell so surely they will be loosing out? I no u can say the same for them selling nail polishes and offering manicures, but it would have been nice for it to stay a professional treatment like nail extensions.........
Xx

Really?I haven't seen them. It doesn't make sense cause I no they offer minx treatments aswell so surely they will be loosing out? I no u can say the same for them selling nail polishes and offering manicures, but it would have been nice for it to stay a professional treatment like nail extensions.........
Xx
Seems nothing stays professional and nothing ever will. But the crowd who choose to use these things are not the salon crowd. Don't stress. Lol

I've never tried the wraps but they must crinkle with them not being heat shaped to the nail?

I think at the end of the day the companies are just out to make a profit, they must have seen fit to sell these products. Maybe to let the home user have a go, not be completely satisfied with their attempt and be inspired to get a pro to Minx their nails properly?

Just a thought x

Yes hopefully!
I feel better now Iv had my rant! Lol
Thankyou xx

Yep, I agree with Geeg, dont worry. I can just imagine the scenario, wraps wrinkled, not going on smoothly, one hand better than the other..hey will probably buy them onces and then think, this is to fiddly and cant be bothered.. But they will have the taste for it and want it.... that's where we come into play..... we can do it much better and do it for them....
I don't worry about it, I know I can give them fantastic Minx, while they sit back and relax... Sorted xxxx

Yep, I agree with Geeg, dont worry. I can just imagine the scenario, wraps wrinkled, not going on smoothly, one hand better than the other..hey will probably buy them onces and then think, this is to fiddly and cant be bothered.. But they will have the taste for it and want it.... that's where we come into play..... we can do it much better and do it for them....
I don't worry about it, I know I can give them fantastic Minx, while they sit back and relax... Sorted xxxx

Couldn't agree more. It's like the people who buy stick-on nails from the chemist: they very seldom keep it up long-term, and many end up trying the 'real thing'. Once they see the vast difference a professional job makes (not to mention the lack of faffing required on their part!), it's unlikely you'll see them doing their own nails again! x

I agree with Gigi, after all there are so many products out there already, that people can try for themselves, and fall flat at the first hurdle. However I did have a look at their website to see what they were like, and tbh, they look dreadful :lol:

:green: I remember yonks ago buying a home l + p kit thinking after reading the instructions on the box, how hard can this be!!!!! Lol I laugh about it so much these days they stayed on for about 3 hours then fell off. You see its ok buying these products but if you dont know how to use them properly they are a complete waste of money. Plus they are never the quality of the things that we buy from the professionals and even if they were, again without proper training well it speaks for itself. I'm converting to CND next week (gosh sooooo excited) and after that I'm going to do the minx and shellac courses. So then I will be asking you lovely geeks all sorts of questions so get ready. xxxxx

:green: I remember yonks ago buying a home l + p kit thinking after reading the instructions on the box, how hard can this be!!!!! Lol I laugh about it so much these days they stayed on for about 3 hours then fell off. You see its ok buying these products but if you dont know how to use them properly they are a complete waste of money. Plus they are never the quality of the things that we buy from the professionals and even if they were, again without proper training well it speaks for itself. I'm converting to CND next week (gosh sooooo excited) and after that I'm going to do the minx and shellac courses. So then I will be asking you lovely geeks all sorts of questions so get ready. xxxxx

I'm feeling it !! I'm feeling it!!! :hug:

I remember doing this, many many moons ago and like you thinking how hard could it be......hours later my nails looked like horses hooves they were so thick!!! :lol:

People will try but will realise if they want proffesional looks they need to stick with the proffesional people! :hug:

Same here, the 'home' products never perform the same way as the professional ones, never mind not being applied by professionals.

Had an 'emergency' call late one night from a girl going on holiday the day after. Because of her holiday she thought she couldn't afford to come for her waxing beforehand so bought some wax strips and her husband applied to bikini area, easy peasy?

They couldn't get the second one off and the first one was bleeding!

I know this isn't a nail story but how many of us have seen nails after the Boots stick on variety have been bitten off by clients?

Nothing to worry about at all!!:green:

People have been having manicures from professionals for years! Even though they can buy nail varnish and all the bits and bobs to do it. :green:

BUT - they love somewhere to chat, feel special, get a great long lasting job and just have a little time for themselves.

That will never change if you give great service and do a great job! :green::green::green:

:green: I remember yonks ago buying a home l + p kit thinking after reading the instructions on the box, how hard can this be!!!!! Lol I laugh about it so much these days they stayed on for about 3 hours then fell off. You see its ok buying these products but if you dont know how to use them properly they are a complete waste of money.
This is so true! And if they did know how to use them properly, they would realise that the product they just bought from boots or fleabay is rubbish and not worth buying in the first place!
Plus they are never the quality of the things that we buy from the professionals and even if they were, again without proper training well it speaks for itself.
And then they come back to us for a proper treatment! I get this with tans all the time!

I'm converting to CND next week (gosh sooooo excited) and after that I'm going to do the minx and shellac courses. So then I will be asking you lovely geeks all sorts of questions so get ready. xxxxx
Shellac is my new best friend! (hope this comment works I've never quoted before!) x

Oh I seem to have blended my comments into the quote! Sorry guys, think I should stick to beauty and leave the technology alone! X

:green: I remember yonks ago buying a home l + p kit thinking after reading the instructions on the box, how hard can this be!!!!! Lol I laugh about it so much these days they stayed on for about 3 hours then fell off. You see its ok buying these products but if you dont know how to use them properly they are a complete waste of money.

I can remember doing this about 10 years ago. Anyone remember Lee Nails? My friend and I used to spend hours and hours applying really bad thick nails. The jagged edges we had when we removed the forms (yes they supplied forms) were amazing, you filed for a further hour or so just to get a basic free edge shape! They had to be painted because the final result was so cloudy, but there were serious lumps and bumps under the polish........ :lol:

I bought a l+p home kit from argos years ago, im laughing remembering it!!:lol:

Hopefully if the public want a proffesional look they will go to the proffesionals! ;)

Even Primark and Claires are doing 'versions' of Minx type nail wraps at just £3! Lol

Latest posts

Back