National Nail Comp Results

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Glynis*

Gooner Geek
Reaction score
I have just received my copy of Professional Nails. Page 42 has a special reminder about it being the competitor's responsibility to enter in the correct category.

"In future competitions, if it is discovered that a competitor has entered themselves into the wrong level, whether knowingly or not, you will be disqualified ............"

What a cop out. So they know someone cheated, but on this occasion, will overlook it????? What about the person who came 4th? I have no idea who this was, but if I were them I would be putting in a major complaint.

Who will receive the one point on the League Table then?

And... I'm not talking about anyone who entered different categories over the two day competition - I know that is perfectly acceptable and right. Well done Jessica by the way, an awesome achievement.

Ok, that's that off my chest.

Sorry but rules are rules in my book, they were clearly stated when people entered and should be adhered to.

Jess you got a fab review - well done!

Sassy Hassy said:
Sorry but rules are rules in my book, they were clearly stated when people entered and should be adhered to.

Jess you got a fab review - well done!

Well Done Jess xxxxxxxxxxxx:Love: :hug:

cheers ladies.... did you see my piccy.....lol.... i showed a client today she said i looked abt 12 yrs old!!!!.... everyone did fab :)....all seems so long ago.... roll on excel ;)

Sparklepink said:
cheers ladies.... did you see my piccy.....lol.... i showed a client today she said i looked abt 12 yrs old!!!!.... everyone did fab :)....all seems so long ago.... roll on excel ;)

Hey and you can't have been too stressed Jess cos your hair wasn't big lol xxx

This is so annoying isn't it! I bet they aren't doing anything now as it would mean reprinting results etc and cost them too much money to do so. I do feel sorry for the person who was 4th and should be 3rd.

Well done Jess, you must be well chuffed. You certainly are an inspiration.

talented talons said:
This is so annoying isn't it! I bet they aren't doing anything now as it would mean reprinting results etc and cost them too much money to do so. I do feel sorry for the person who was 4th and should be 3rd.

Well done Jess, you must be well chuffed. You certainly are an inspiration.

Thing is Wendy, they knew well before the magazine was printed, and probably before the article was even written. Its just a cop out.

On a positive note, I know this is not going to help anyone who has had a problem because of the Competition regulations and how they where upheld....and I do feel for you, I have witnessed many tears because of this.......
Out with the old and in with the new I say xxxx
I see this as great indication that changes are being made with regards to the rules and regulations, clear defined changes are being made and this can only be a step in the right direction....Rules are rules I agree, but rules that have a definite ruling and and leave no areas of uncertainties can only be a good thing.... I know our Rachel aka Chocolate who is now heading the competitions, is working her socks off, to make future competions a pleasure to partake in and not an experience that is better to be forgotten .....

So here is to a brighter Comping future for all us Competition Technicians xx

I agree with everything you said Ruth. And if changes are being made, this can only benefit all of us.

I just think that the rules on which category to enter were very clear for this comp. I think it is unprofessional, for ANT particularly, to be unprepared to enforce their own rules.

As I said, I don't know who came 4th anyway, but I feel sorry for whoever it was.

Well, I'm over it now, so I will stop ranting!

I agree with you Glynis, rules that also will be enforced or otherwise what is the point of making them in the first place xxxx
Have a Voddy and Orange with me on this one Huni xxxx

Thanks Ruth, could you pop a couple of ice cubes in for me please Hun. By the way, I never did manage to give up the fags, so can you pass the lighter?

Clunk Click there ya go and here is a light too, I am still on em too xxxx

Things are getting better, i promise.

I know this does not take into account any past comps. When we introduced the 2 levels, it got an amazingly positive response. It was assumed that competitiors would be honest and enter at the correct level. We will have a full data base at the next comp of the previous results. So when competitors register prior or on the day we will know their comp history before the comp even starts.

On a good note, the photography comp will now also be at 2 levels.

chocolate said:
Things are getting better, i promise.

I know this does not take into account any past comps. When we introduced the 2 levels, it got an amazingly positive response. It was assumed that competitiors would be honest and enter at the correct level. We will have a full data base at the next comp of the previous results. So when competitors register prior or on the day we will know their comp history before the comp even starts.

On a good note, the photography comp will now also be at 2 levels.

ooo thats really good news...cheers Rachel :)

j xox

Rachel, its fantastic news that you are tackling the problem issues that are marring the comps.
Im sure your input will make a big difference for the competitors.
I take my hat off to you as I know your work cant be easy. :hug:

Ta very much!

I have PM'd you glo about the photography cat. xx

Well done Rachel, good to hear that positive steps are being taken to try to stamp out naughty competitors :)

Latest posts

Back