Natural french

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanne...

Reaction score
just wanted some advice on how i could improve my natural french.

These are gorgeous. I love the free edge color!

How could they be improved, you ask? Well, they could be shorter, unless the client insists on this length. I think it would make them look more balanced. You could also extend the nail-bed to get the same effect without sacrificing the length.
And bring the "hips" in a little with your file. Just a tiny bit!

Hope this helps!! xx

i like the free edge colour too what products did you use?
i would say that the product on the sides of the nails looks un balanced which i think is causing them to look a little wide at the hips,try making it more flush to the nail as you would the cuticle area.
lovely nails though.x

I love the free edge colour. Other than the above I just think you could customise and see which works best for you i.e shorter free edge, deeper smile etc

wow, the colour and shine is gorgeous, that is exactly the type/look I want to wear.
Go on please tell us what product and colour.

I love these too.
Please tell us what the free edge colour is you used!
I love this look but just cant find the natural free edge colour so I can offer these myself!

Very nice great job and yes the color is beautiful
thanks for sharing

Hi thanks for your comments, i used young nails white on the tips and xxx pink on the rest, bringing it over the white just to soften it.

These are gel, right? I'm going to base my critique on that...

First off, I think the overall length, shape and color are nice. They look very clean and healthy. I don't think the free edge is too long, though I think it would look more balanced with a deeper smile line - yours are a bit flat and are missing sharp ears. It's hard to get sharp ears with gel, so that will come with time.

I think in general, the nails need more refinement. It's near impossible to get a sharp-looking, beautiful nail with gel without a file before the top gloss. It would get rid of the slightly "wobbly" look. The sidewalls need some tidying up. And you have touched the skin on most of the nails with either the gel or the top gloss. This will more than likely lift significantly before her next rebalance. It's also an overexposure risk. A tiny margin should be left around the whole enhancement. I'm betting it's just the top gloss, though, meaning you probably just used too much. Could also have been prevented with refinement before the file, so there was room for the gloss.

I hope I haven't been too harsh, but it did say "give it to me straight" and with just a little tweeking, these could be amazing!

Latest posts

Back