New Nails for New Year

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeepPaws

Reaction score
Hello Geekers!!

Right, I have a question.

I have been sporting glitter tips for ever now and don't want pink n whites for my new nails. I am thinking of reducing the length and going for a block colour. NNO's.

My question is...'What Colour?'

I have loads of CND colours that I can mix. Like purple....want to wear darker rather than light.

Does anyone have a good colour mix using CND l&p?

Thanks guys!!!

In Brisa gel, 2 parts purple, 1 part red, makes a great colour - a bit like CND 'Spike'. I don't know if it would work in L&P........just a thought:)

OHHHH Might try it with the L & P!!

Thanks Adele!! xxxx

Do you sculpt,
how about red for the under side view and then black for the top view, in a nice stiletto shape,
you know, just like them great shoes lol :hug:

Do you sculpt,
how about red for the under side view and then black for the top view, in a nice stiletto shape,

Hey thats a really cool idea, I never thought of doing that!!! When I think of colours/art its always on the top, but to have a contrasting colour underneath would be hott!!

My Christmas nails (on the Christmas designs thread) used a custom blend for the dark purple/maroon colour. I started with cnd purple and added small amounts of black shimmer and red until I had the depth of colour I wanted. Not entirely sure of the ratio as I mixed it to match a favourite nail polish :lol:

If you wanted to jazz up a plain colour without using glitter you could always try a little lace design on the free edge.

Cheers,
Hazel

Do you sculpt,

Great Idea, can I pinch that please?

Ooh errrr Mrs I can just see you in a lovely pair of Lauboutins Stevie, they are on my wish list.:lol:

Pinch away hun, this site is all about caring & sharing but i want to see a pic when you do some lol :hug:

I like the underside in another colour,,,but my own nails are long under the acylic,,,,I am going to take the length down alot and wear them shorter for awhile. Just for a change. What I might do is try that when I want them long again. Thanks for that!!

Will have a go at playing with the CND purple n glimmer back. I just fancy a plain, all over colour for a change instead of smiles etc.

Thanks everyone for replying.

why not do a dark color all over with a hand painted moon or something in silver:hug:

Latest posts

Back