New trend for 2013 - Oyster nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Zoe*

Reaction score
They were seen on spring 2013 runway shows.

1st and 2nd picture are the 'oyster nails'.

I know catwalk fashion is usual not taken literally and we just take inspiration from them, so the 3rd pic is what oyster nails will inspire.

What do u guys think? Third pic doesn't look too bad. Not my taste though :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358694363.534719.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358694363.534719.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 6,355
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358694372.129298.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358694372.129298.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 6,875
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358694379.103085.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358694379.103085.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 5,296
Not sure about those! They look like they are coming off and about to drop to the floor! X

the first two pics are rediculous! imagine all the junk that would get stuck! lol

the third pic isn't bad....a play on a french sort of.

They look gross to be honest! Like something out of a horror film, ripped off finger nails! . Not to mention not being very practical but I get what you are saying about them being for runways and unlikely seen every day.

I found this pic which is using oyster colours and a black pearl. I think the colours are nice but not sure about the whole pearl thing.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358694767.645445.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358694767.645445.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 961
I love latest looks, however crazy .. lol, but I agree the practical version is ... well.. practical !;)

They were seen on spring 2013 runway shows.

1st and 2nd picture are the 'oyster nails'.

I know catwalk fashion is usual not taken literally and we just take inspiration from them, so the 3rd pic is what oyster nails will inspire.

What do u guys think? Third pic doesn't look too bad. Not my taste though :)

What i get out of this is:
make a clear enhancement, and paint a double colored french, leaving some clear visible...

ooooh not for me thank you!

The third one is okay but the first two look gross! drawing attention for all the wrong reasons!

To be honest makes me feel ill. As if the actual nail has lifted off. Yuck :(
Vicki x

I think they're really funky for catwalk/photoshoots - Very different.
However the last photo is the practical version and I like it 😃

hmm... not for me

Yuk! Not for me!

What i get out of this is:
make a clear enhancement, and paint a double colored french, leaving some clear visible...

Yep, but they have to give it a fancy name! Lol :)

I think it's definitely a pretty cool idea high fashion wise and I can see loads of different ideas and looks springing from this, I wouldn't be a fan of it for every day wear as I do think it looks like nail is coming away!
The last pic is nice though and I like the idea of a toned down version

Ah but who amongst us could re-create them with the same consistency and level of perfection?

The hair,make up,nails.... CLOTHES from these fashion shows....no regular Joe would wear but you have to admit the skill/standard/imagination is amazing.

I think they look Minging just think of all the dirt they will get under them yuk :)

Amazing idea. Its not something I'm a big fan of though. If no one ever pushed boundaries the nail trade would be very different to what it is now :)

Omg no. I'm OCD with picking things and I just want to pick them nails off!!

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Ah but who amongst us could re-create them with the same consistency and level of perfection?

The hair,make up,nails.... CLOTHES from these fashion shows....no regular Joe would wear but you have to admit the skill/standard/imagination is amazing.

I think the catwalk looks are very inspirational and it's great seeing how it all filters down to the high street.
I definitely prefer this to way too long way to pointy overly ornate stilleto nails...i will probably get hammered for saying that but honestly I'm sick looking at how many variations of one stroke nail art and encapsulation can be done on a super pointy nail....YAAAAWN!
I love how its a shorter more classic shape but with a really edgy take.

That is a very sexy design! I love the clear next to the black. That shows off your skill as a professional. The red is a bit harsh for me, but some of my clients would love the painted version of this design!!!

As far as the runway version, that's pretty cool for a show. :) Ive done some show nails and a few of them were a bit out there as well. lol Kudos to the imagination :)

These nails were strictly for catwalk and photo-shoot. ... Not meant to be a trend of any kind and the first time I saw them was nearly 2 years ago ... I think the first person to do them was my talented friend Marian Newman. I'm sure she can confirm.

Latest posts

Back