Not one call

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keeleyp

Reaction score
I have been in my beauty room now for approx 2 weeks, and have not even had one phone call or enquiry.

I am starting to worry I have chosen the wrong location to set up my beauty room. It is in my local Leisure Centre?

Has anyone got any idea how i can get the clients in? :sad:

Thank you

can you not go round the leisure centre handing out leaflets offering an introductry offer or leave leaflets in changing rooms ect wait in reception giving out promotion data hth

HI - I have left loads of flyers in the reception ect and offers and posters on doors, just so worried im not going to get any clients.

Have put an advertisement in the local paper? On net mums free advertising on the internet. Have you met any of the gym members an introduced yourself to them? Open evening? How about offering vouchures to raffles in schools and groups? xx

hang in there i was like that last mth ready to give up as i had had no calls but now its just starting to pick up i feel you need to be handing out the leaflets make your self visable people tend to overlook leaflets that are just lieing around as they are usual in rush to get to their class ect but if you hand them to each person 1. you know they have them 2 .they are more likely to look at them 3. even if they stuff them in there bags ect there is more chance they will have a look when they get home i have a room in a quiet village so i walked round day after day handing out leaflets went to the schools at start and end of day went to the libary coffee mornings ect clients wont just come to you at the start you have to go find themthen word of mouth will do the rest

You need to go out and get those clients! Leaflet drops, website. facebook etc

Prehaps do a competition get people to fill in their details and start building up a database that you can contact with offers treatments etc

2 weeks is still very very early days

i have read what people said and i def agree - get out there and promote promote promote - be that you walking around giving leaflets to people or posting them through peoples doors. could you not ask the leisure centre if you can put some under windscreen wipers of cars in the car park? don't forget about things like getting your name in phone books, on the websites from the brand of the treatments that you offer (you know them 'find a therapist' thingy ma bobs) also what about putting a sign on your car? i'm guessing you will be in the leisure centre car park so if your car has a sign saying you are there maybe people going in/out will see that who might have missed the leaflets etc in reception?

have you got a website? if so post a link and we can tell you what we think of it and if we think anything needs to be changed to make it read easier/better etc?

x

Hi
thank you for you replys there are some very good ideas. Here is a link to my website it still needs some work I think?

Any opions would be great?

Beauty By Keeley - About me

I may try the competition option that may be good to get clients.;)

Nice website!
The first thing I noticed though was that it's very female oriented. Is there a way you could aim some of your treatments at men? For instance, male waxing, or a men's facial? When I had a room at a gym, about 50% of my clients were male. I think you should also consider doing massage, as the vast majority of my clients - male and female - were most interested in it.

From a persons point of view who hasnt got a lot of money at the moment (as most of us don't!) I Think you should offer some cheaper Special Offers and advertise these better, maybe put them on the front page of your website and posters around the centre.

Maybe like a 3 for 2 or a '% off' offer, Looking at the page i see £50, £60 and £100+... all of which seem expensive, although i know the client will be making a saving. Although its nice to have people spending a lot, sometimes when you need bums on seats you need to take a slight cut!

You might want to put the address of your beauty room on your website so that people can find you.

Sx

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them.

I think I will do some offers, and maybe lower my prices a little to start.

What treatments do men like apart from waxing/facials?

Any ideas on how I can make it more male friendly?

When I used to work in a salon next to a gym, 95% of male clients came in for massage, I only have about 4 clients for waxing and about the same for facials. Not very many at all. We had a large client base compared to other salons I worked at.

Maybe you should pop yourself on a massage course as it is a large money maker if you are after male clients. I think we were a winner with the blokes as we were neutrually decorated and also right next to the gym so they didn't feel threatened like they were going to be spooted walking into a big pink salon!! The colour schemes were like dark purple, silver and we wore black uniforms.

We didnt specifically put on 'male offers'.. i think its all about your marketing and the treatments you offer. and looking and being approachable!

Yeh maybe offer some money off, it feels like you are taking a step backwards but like I said, sometimes thats what you have to do at the start to gain business. Its better to have £20 in the till and have done something at half price than £0 in the till and done nothing! (Well thats my opinion anyway! :)) Hope that helps you. x

if you are next to a gym could you not do any fast track sports massage courses? (i know nothing about massage so don't know if fast tracks area available for massage/sports massage)

also, i just wanted to comment about your site - it looks so fresh and clean! i love how simple and straight to the point it is! :D

i really hope things start picking up for you soon. all good things come to those who wait.

x

Your website looks lovely :)

I agree with what has been said about investing in a massage course, this is a very popular treatment and as you are situated in leisure centre i would imagine there are lots of people there with achey muscles!
Also adding your address would be a massive help.

I noticed that your testimonials section is empty, while i understand you have only just started out, i think its important for you to have something written in there or it could give out the wrong message. Do you have a friend or mums friend, friend of friend etc who would be kind enough to give you a testimonial? That way, potential clients will be able to see some sort of feedback/recommendation from people who you have already treated.

HTH

:hug:

xxx

Thank you everyone there good ideas. I going to look at massage courses today.

I will update my website too.

Does anyone recommend any courses in the Surrey area.

Im going to upload some photos of my beauty room in a bit, just trying to figure out how to get them off my phone.

Thank you again x

I will try to upload some pics of my beauty room also later. It would be good to get some opinions.

I am going to try to make my website more male frienly also.

Thank you :D

I think you need to give the staff of the gym some reduced treatments because that will be an excellent advertisement for you,try to chat to them,befriend them ask them to let gym uers know about you.There is nothing that spreads quicker than word of mouth.It worked for me at my salon.

I have had a phone call today, yippy.

I am now trying to word something for my website, to advertise mens waxing.

Has anyone got any ideas? as I am new to this.

Thank you

I have uploaded some pics to my website now also.

I had my first cal l today, it was just an enquiry but still pleased.

I am trying to think of some Summer offers I can do.

Any ideas welcome.

Thank you:D

Latest posts

Back