Odd waxing requests...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minipig007

Reaction score
Hi All,

I understand that some people have problems with waxing intimate areas, but I had an enquiry for waxing today and I wanted to share it to see if many others had enquiries like this.
The client called for a bikini wax enquiry, and I asked how much she has removed, to which she replied "all off". I then started to explain why I don't offer intimate waxing, and when we were discussing what waxing i do, she then explained that it was just the hair on the pelvis she wanted removed as she removes anything between her legs with hair removal cream as she doesn't believe in people waxing her bits.

So, this has left me rather perplexed for two reasons... a) why would someone have half an area waxed but not the rest - surely you would go with one method or another and b) would you suggest any kind of response to try and explain the benefits of waxing or would you just leave it to the client to make up their own minds?

Additionally, does anyone else have an odd waxing request to share??

She sounds like a nutter...........send her to someone else, you really don't need those type of clients (don't send her in my direction LOL). Seriously, if she uses hair removal cream, then why doesn't she remove it all? Very odd. xxx

She sounds like a nutter...........send her to someone else, you really don't need those type of clients (don't send her in my direction LOL). Seriously, if she uses hair removal cream, then why doesn't she remove it all? Very odd. xxx

LOL!!!

She might have an issue with waxing the bits that are more flappy :lol:

Sorry I can't think of a good way to put that. Maybe she likes to be waxed and she likes to be hair-free but she just can't get her head around the idea of having the undercarriage waxed. People can be scared of this.

Just another thought, if she is Muslim she may not be able to let you see the undercarriage for religious reasons.

Also, and this has happened to me, what she says she wants on the phone, and what she says when she arrives may be two different things. Nowt as funny as folk :lol:

Thank God someone thought the same as me! lol!

Some of my best most loyal clients are nutters :lol::lol::lol:

I have many a client call and ask for just a basic bikini wax, when in fact they want everything off... it's a good thing that I book the same amount of time!!

As for crazy requests. We used to have this guy come in and ask to have his abs waxed.... The tech would take him into the room and he would then inform that he wanted a braz wax. Turns out, he gets off by making the tech uncomfortable... doesn't actually want to be waxed, just wants to expose himself... he was kicked out of a ton of places... until he got to me... lol... I don't scare easily and am the only male braz waxer within many miles, and I just started waxing.... he didn't get far when he made up some excuse about having dinner plans and needed to go!!!!

But back to the orginal question. I have lots of clients that will ask to have one part waxed, but when they get there, it's something else they really want.... usually it's cuz they are too embarrased to ask over the phone.

She might have an issue with waxing the bits that are more flappy

Hehe - now that made me laugh.

But it's true, some women don't like showing their bits, even to their Dr.

But back to the orginal question. I have lots of clients that will ask to have one part waxed, but when they get there, it's something else they really want.... usually it's cuz they are too embarrased to ask over the phone.

That's exactly why I go into so much detail on my mens price list and have given them names.

LOL............love the story about the guy who liked to make women feel unconfortable. Even some of the normal clients have strange requests. I wax a lovely guy who when he booked his first appointment asked 'Not being funny love, but do I get a discount for having small balls?'. Before you ask 'Did he?', I don't charge by the inch either so no, he didn't. xxx

That's exactly why I go into so much detail on my mens price list and have given them names.

LOL............love the story about the guy who liked to make women feel unconfortable. Even some of the normal clients have strange requests. I wax a lovely guy who when he booked his first appointment asked 'Not being funny love, but do I get a discount for having small balls?'. Before you ask 'Did he?', I don't charge by the inch either so no, he didn't. xxx

:lol:well that is the funniest thing ive heard in ages,,
was he for real? i would of creased up and peed my self there and then.:lol:
just my sence of humour :lol:, and yes it does get me in trouble sometimes:eek:
xx:)

:lol:well that is the funniest thing ive heard in ages,,
was he for real? i would of creased up and peed my self there and then.:lol:
just my sence of humour :lol:, and yes it does get me in trouble sometimes:eek:
xx:)

Yes I did too. xxx

I had an enquiry the other day from a girl wanting everything doing...apart from the lower halves of her legs. Now bearing in mind I do more 1/2 leg waxes than anything else, I thought this was a wee bit strange? She tells me she has all her body waxed (arms, pits, upper legs, bikini, the lot) but likes to shave the lower halves of her legs to keep them hair free. Isn't that the whole point of waxing?

:confused: or is this normal and I've just come across it for the first time?

We also have a lady that comes into us and has 1/2 leg wax but on her upper legs!

I have a few 'upper leg only' wax clients... they do it because they can bear the growth on their thighs but not on their calves.

I had an enquiry the other day from a girl wanting everything doing...apart from the lower halves of her legs. Now bearing in mind I do more 1/2 leg waxes than anything else, I thought this was a wee bit strange? She tells me she has all her body waxed (arms, pits, upper legs, bikini, the lot) but likes to shave the lower halves of her legs to keep them hair free. Isn't that the whole point of waxing?

It's normal. I have a few clients that do this as well.

I have a client who likes all the top part of her bikini waxed (all the hair on the pibic bone) but nothing taken off any further down. I always think she must look funny naked:eek:

I have a client who likes all the top part of her bikini waxed (all the hair on the pibic bone) but nothing taken off any further down. I always think she must look funny naked:eek:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: how funny

Just another thought, if she is Muslim she may not be able to let you see the undercarriage for religious reasons.
i have loads of muslim clients that do have everything off for religious reasons.

lol... I don't scare easily and am the only male braz waxer within many miles, and I just started waxing.... he didn't get far when he made up some excuse about having dinner plans and needed to go!!!!
hahahahaha thats hilarious

I have alot of people just wanting this done aswell.

More than likely, they are going home and shaving the rest. I have had several clients that do this, until I finally talked them into a full braz wax. They are just afraid that the bottom bits are going to hurt more... little do they know that they've already waxed off the most painful area.

Latest posts

Back