Olympia?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt I will go again. I met up with a friend who always gives me such good advice so it was worth it just for that, but I'm sorry, I'm just not queuing for 2 hours to get shellac. I'll get it on Tuesday.
And the queues to get into Olympia are ridiculous!
Am now knackered and bad tempered!

I doubt I will go again. I met up with a friend who always gives me such good advice so it was worth it just for that, but I'm sorry, I'm just not queuing for 2 hours to get shellac. I'll get it on Tuesday.
And the queues to get into Olympia are ridiculous!
Am now knackered and bad tempered!

I actually agree. It was my first time and CND was the first stand i went to. Then after 2hours queing i couldn't be bothered to go anywhere else because i was nackered, my back and feet were killing. Its a good job we all know CND is worth the wait (even though i heard people moaning about shellac drying the nails out to which i butted in and quizzed them and oh, sperse suprise they didn't use or retail solar oil! So i put them right ;)) but i think next time i Will be ordering them online too x

I've just got back from Olympia too and am so disappointed! Was really looking forward to it - I only went for the new Shellac pack, but the queue was soooo long, I just didn't have time to wait in it! I've come back tired, fed up and empty handed :.(

Im going tomorrow probably get there around 11 ish will I have to que for a long time to get in ? as I went a few years ago and walked straight in !! I can't que for hours as I have to get back for school pick up :Scared:

I queued for 2 hours for shellac and people were trying to push in the queue as well. Not on. They need to be more organised and get more staff. They didn't have any solar oil either. But all in all it was my first show and I had a fantastic day. Can't wait to try my shellac out.

Im going tomorrow probably get there around 11 ish will I have to que for a long time to get in ? as I went a few years ago and walked straight in !! I can't que for hours as I have to get back for school pick up :Scared:

I got there about then and i had to queue about 20-30 minutes to get in, if you want shellac then unfortunately you Will need a lot of patience !! Xx

Well that's made my mind up! I was planning to go tomorrow, but hated queuing for hours when I went to excel, with queue jumpers and being knocked constantly. So I will order on Tuesday & hopefully there will be plenty of stock for all of us!

Did anyone get glitzy lips? What they like etc?

I queued for 2 hours for shellac and people were trying to push in the queue as well. Not on. They need to be more organised and get more staff. They didn't have any solar oil either. But all in all it was my first show and I had a fantastic day. Can't wait to try my shellac out.

I'm afraid the problem (if you'd like to call it that) is the sheer volume of numbers wanting Shellac and other new things and not a problem of the number of staff. The stand was more than adequately staffed with Ambassadors and is one of the largest stands at the show.. Of course it is much easier to get products on the net but we all love to see and touch and talk!!

As for normal stock items like Solar Oil, we never take things like that to a show .. only the new innovations and products .. and I have said that numerous times here on salon geek so sorry you missed my posts. Shows are for exciting new things and special show deals, and to showcase new items and not for regular SKU's which you can order very easily from the comfort of your own home.

We do things a little differently to others perhaps .. but then you would expect that! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Did anyone get glitzy lips? What they like etc?

I was hoping to go as never been before but couldn't make it was really interested in glitzy lips, so would like to know as well

from Debbie's HTC Sense

I was hoping to go as never been before but couldn't make it was really interested in glitzy lips, so would like to know as well

from Debbie's HTC Sense

There have been posts on the glitzy lips thread.

There have been posts on the glitzy lips thread.

Thank you Geeg, I think I am on that thread and have seen that a group has been started but I can't seem to join from my phone. I'll have to find out more when on my computer and check out the website to.

from Debbie's HTC Sense

ketan looked fabulous with his silver glitzy lips on guiding everyone to the tills he was so funny! And the two lovely ladies that served me were so calming :) i didn't mind the long queue was worth it. And i glimpsed the geek himself! Fee was brilliant with her demo's too and was great to see liza. All in all great day tired feet yes but i have some great pictures to put on my business Facebook page of the show and of course the new colours :)

Oh yes and forgot he'd glitzy lipsed his shellac too looked amazing!

Why can't I find Glitzy Lips on the S2 website? I would like to know approximately how much they are. Love the idea should be a good retail item.

I went today but got there super early if you want shellac then you got to make the effort it's well worth it. I only queued for about 20 mins but was in there for 10am, also bought glitzy lips after having it put on me it's amazing!!! The team were fab very organised you just need to be patient EVERYONE wants shellac. fab offers too. ;)

I couldn't get to show was waiting to order tues ! What time can you order from would it be 9am ?

Dont quote me but I'm sure Samantha said shes putting them on S2 website as soon as its 1 minutes pasted midnight :) xxxx

Ketan was so funny and entertaining! Yes, the queues were long, but the saving made it worth the wait. And I had no intention of purchasing shellac but I'm a convert having seen Holly's amazing pop stix marathon painting session on facebook. Calling S2 tomorrow to book my training.....

So gutted unable to attend Olympia:sad:

Oh i hope that's correct I will be online waiting then tomorrow at midnight to place my order:biggrin:, Do the six new shades come in a pack with another rack as i have all colour's so no space left?

Ooh is it 12 we can order?? I so hope they have stock? X

Latest posts

Back