OMG!!!FREE NVQ Assessment !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you be shocked at quailfing by learning via web cam? you can qualify at home through dvd at least with a web cam it's live and you have the opportunity to ask questions. I'm sure assessments would still have to be face to face I think it's a terriffic idea :idea:
A web cam??:eek: Surely you cant qualify for a course via a web cam,..can you?

well still had no contact but jst txt the mobile number asking for them to reply! will keep you all posted xx:)

Hi guys, A very nice lady called lyn has jst called me back (which im most supprised coz its 9:50pm) and she has promised to contact me again tomorrow morning to give me all the info. I also told her that a lot of ppl on this site were waiting for info. She sends her appologies to you all and promises to get send you all the info that was promised. As soon as i've obtained this info I shall post it for you all read.

Any questions that you want answered let me know and i'll ask her directly on your behalf.

HTH:green: xx

I have read an earlier thread on here about free NVQ's but when looking it up on the net I couldn't find any reference to it.
Does it only apply if you work in a salon or can you complete one if you are mobile?

How can you be shocked at quailfing by learning via web cam? you can qualify at home through dvd at least with a web cam it's live and you have the opportunity to ask questions. I'm sure assessments would still have to be face to face I think it's a terriffic idea :idea:

My honest opinion is that home courses are not very good.You cannot properly be taught through a DVD or a webcam.You cant beat good old fashioned 'hands on teaching',face to face.Like I say mho.

I'm new to all this, i am currently in office work but thinking about taking a new direction would I be able to do this course is it for people that already have a qualification in beauty?

Hi,

I might of missed the obvious but can someone please let me know whether this is for businesses or mobile technicians only or do they offer this to non working nail technicians too? ;)

Janette xXx

Hi,

I might of missed the obvious but can someone please let me know whether this is for businesses or mobile technicians only or do they offer this to non working nail technicians too? ;)

Janette xXx
this is individual nvq assesments, any one can do them salon mobile or just starting out.

nvq are assesments and not teaching classes, as some one has mentioned earlier.

does this ansewere your question

i got an answer. She has expained alot more to me and is sending me the info through an email.
That is what i was told when i first phoned them when this was first brought up ...but still no email come through .:irked:

has any body recieved any information yet ?

I managed to get through a couple of weeks ago and was advised the same as most people on this site...but still no word.:cry:

I recieved a letter today from T-centrix offering NVQ Level 2 in Nail Services, 8 units including:-
G1 - Ensure your own actions reduce the risk to h&s
G6 - Promote additional products or services to clients
G8 - Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
BT7 - Produce maniucure treatment
BT8 - Provide pedicure treatment
BT13 - Provide nail art services
BT44 - Extendm maintain and repar nails
G4 - Provide salon reception duties

It has a sheet attached I have to fill in and return asking about me and my reason for wanting to do the course, may schools, qualification and past jobs!

Does that all sound right?

hi i also received a letter today. it all looks good to me and is exactly what i was told would be sent to me

Why do they need to know your work experience, etc?

i just think it is standard practice with most thing like this...i thought so anyway. When i spoke on the phone to the lady she said they needed to know what courses etc we had done to know what level we had been educated to already. It mades sense to me.....

Got mine today too.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back