OMG!!!FREE NVQ Assessment !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyne know if they do pedicure, i have phoned but it was engaged.I allready have level2 nail services and i am working towards level 3 at the moment:lol:

when i enquired about gettin something sent through in the post they told me it was in the process of being produced....and it would take a few weeks.
I was then told that they would ring me next when they have a date than an accessor will be coming to the area to see if it would be convienient for me.
Not heard nothing as yet....but so far they have not broken any promises
By the way i was not told that it would be done in two weeks....i was told that it depends on the individual and how much preveous training they have had.
I just thought i would add think link as i am sure this is who they are......in the search type nail services and it gives the details....it is supportrd by HABIA by the looks of it and gives details of who to contact to verify.
https://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/
i was surprised a little earlier that some one would suggest to offer nvq assesments with out being approved., sure all being above board. Is this a new company? somethings take time i guess as with all new things

Apparantly they are government approved..... but i dont know who you would contact to find out to be honest. I think this is the company....not 100% sure as i havent had any details through as yet.

the lady asked me if i did manicure and pedicure i said no and she said dont worry we will teach you so hope that helps. Im not too worried about not hearing from them yet, its been easter and there are alot of geeks as well as others that have been calling them.

Hi All,
Just wanted to try to make things a little clearer for some of you.

Lets not get the 'NVQ system' and 'Training Courses' mixed up.

The 'NVQ system' is (in very basic terms) a list of outcomes and criteria used by the Assessor to check that the Learner has the skills and knowledge needed to complete each unit of the particular NVQ in question. This comes at the end of each training period (either straight away or even years later!)

The 'Training Course' is the teaching of that chosen subject, whether it be on a private course (maybe from a product supplier), or a college course.
However, most reputable private training courses are mindfull of the NVQ criteria and teach to that level so that the knowledge is ready to transfer across should the Learner want to do the NVQ later.

NVQ's were originally designed to be used within a working environment, but unfortunately more often now are crudely applied directly within the college course.
The confusion comes where the colleges offer the training courses and apply the NVQ assessments at the same time.

Need I say that the results are only as good as the training provider, be it private or college.

There, I've said my bit! Where's my coffee......

Hi geeks I've can't seem to get hold of this company to ask any details I just get the answer machine ????? Tryed loads of times but still no joy.:mad:

I left a message a over a week ago and I have had no reply, I'll probably have to ring again.

I spoke to a lady from this company weeks ago....must be at least 6 weeks now.....she said someone would be back in touch in touch......so far Ive heard nothing?.....bit strange....:irked:

Hi All,
Just wanted to try to make things a little clearer for some of you.

Lets not get the 'NVQ system' and 'Training Courses' mixed up.

The 'NVQ system' is (in very basic terms) a list of outcomes and criteria used by the Assessor to check that the Learner has the skills and knowledge needed to complete each unit of the particular NVQ in question. This comes at the end of each training period (either straight away or even years later!)

The 'Training Course' is the teaching of that chosen subject, whether it be on a private course (maybe from a product supplier), or a college course.
However, most reputable private training courses are mindfull of the NVQ criteria and teach to that level so that the knowledge is ready to transfer across should the Learner want to do the NVQ later.

NVQ's were originally designed to be used within a working environment, but unfortunately more often now are crudely applied directly within the college course.
The confusion comes where the colleges offer the training courses and apply the NVQ assessments at the same time.

Need I say that the results are only as good as the training provider, be it private or college.

There, I've said my bit! Where's my coffee......
with biscuits !

One of my students had made enquiriers about the nvq and my understanding is that it is not ready to be launched but is imanant (sp), in my area there is another provider giving free nvq does that make them dodogy to?

I will get the mobile number that my student has, she has had no problems getting through.

Last edited:
as far as i am aware the company are just getting all the information together, so i would nt worry about not hearing from them yet........ bet they didn t expect all the calls from the geeks!:)

I spoke to a lady from this company weeks ago....must be at least 6 weeks now.....she said someone would be back in touch in touch......so far Ive heard nothing?.....bit strange....:irked:
my student tells me they have or are in the process of moving premises, i guess why the ansewer phone, she was given a mobile number i am sorry but i do nothave the contact name,07821228784, hope this helps.

Dont think things are live yet and she was told this, however funding does not usually last for ever so if free get it while you can! if you have registered your intrest i am sure they like most comapnys planning ahead will get in touch when they are able to do so. This does not make them dodgy just planning. I ma planning my courses for intrest with my ant b workshop/french fantasy for septmber 08, sam biddle planning her course for fantasy in dec 08.......we all 4 ward plann for intrest.............. !

Last edited:
I have rang and left message but nobodys getting back to me. Just rang again. Is there another number please.

Jo x

I have rang and left message but nobodys getting back to me. Just rang again. Is there another number please.

Jo x
mobile posted a little further up

I tried that never any answer and nobody calls back.

I tried that never any answer and nobody calls back.
would try during buisnness hours! other people have got through, may have a back log as the geek site has had a lot reponcve it looks from the number of views! soory i cant help any more

i got an answer. She has expained alot more to me and is sending me the info through an email.

Maybe when Sian1979 receives her information she could let us all know how it works etc ??......as i have rung myself a few weeks ago and i am yet to receive my information.

haze x

I'd be very interested to hear about this too.

Sorry I must be blind didint see mobile.

Thanks

Jo x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back