On the subject of animals - should our animals be allowed to sleep with us? Yes/no?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol totally! I've got a massive golden retriever.. He's the same.. Very active in his sleep.. He's growled before too.. I woke up thinking we had an intruder! Did make me feel wary about even having him in the bedroom with me to be honest!

I agree and you can never trust a dog completely and you never should Ive got a bullmastiff and as lovely as he is he is a dog not a baby lol don't get me wrong we fuss him love him and all the rest of it but you have to remind yourself that he is a dog lol

Seriously there was a programme about the odd and dangerous things people do in their sleep, scary. But it is also extremely rare as I'm sure dogs attacking in their sleep is to :)

If my OH hit me he'd get one back! Lmao! Wudnt edge my bets against a dog tho!

Lol if mine hit me he would be getting a left hook and sleeping on his own lmao OH or not lol if the dog bit me I would run lmao

I dont let mines sleep with me as he moults far too much. I do let him sleep on the bottom of the bed during the day if I'm in with him though.

And giggler is right about the dogs snapping, my dog snapped at my face when I woke him suddenly. I got a real fright. I've not done that to him again.

Seriously there was a programme about the odd and dangerous things people do in their sleep, scary. But it is also extremely rare as I'm sure dogs attacking in their sleep is to :)

I watched it but I would say there are more cases of dogs than humans .I don't think we should ever loose the thought that dogs are dogs and can turn nasty at any time

Really debbs it's more common than u realise chick.. Be careful! ;)

My dog and one of my cats both sleep on the end of my bed , my other cat likes to sleep in the bottom of my wardrobe with one of the doors open so he can peep out .

I used to let my dogs and cats sleep on or even in my bed as a child and I allowed my first SBT, Floyd, to sleep on my bed for most of his life, infact he would wait for me to lift the duvet so he could crawl under it, to curl up at my feet. Then I met OH and he put his foot down about letting Floyd in the bed. When OH was on nights and Floyd was still able to get upstairs, I still let him in bed with me if he wanted.

My 3 I have now sleep in thier own crates at night, mainly as there would be NO room for me otherwise :lol:. When ever any of them has been ill or had surgery, I've taken them up to my room for the night but to be honest the only time they want to sleep with me is when they are unwell. My I had to have Floyd PTS last Nov, I was very upset )had him since he was 5 weeks old and he was 13 and a half when he died) OH was on nights and I wanted to cuddle the dogs, so took Angel up to bed but she was restless and when I opened the door to let her go downstars, she shoot out and ran to her bed :lol:. Thier crates are thier "speacal, private" place, just for them, they all love hang thier own little space.

The cat sleeps on my bed when he is in, but he is normaly out all night (his choice)

Much as I love my boxer dog Lucy, her place is very much downstairs.

When she was younger, she used to come upstairs (but ALWAYS slept downstairs). When she was 3 we moved house & she never came upstairs.

For a start she snores like anything! Plus she smells like dogs do. Urgh, to have my bedroom always smelling doggy, no thank you...

No, the dogs are allowed in at night to watch TV with us but they have their dog room to sleep in at night. They live out during the day, although the rottie will try to sneak in after his breakfast and curl up as small as he can on the sheepskin rug by the side of the bed.

Both have pushed their luck with the setee and the bed but we have a strict zero tolerance drag off and kick up the arse policy.

Our cats are not allowed out at night since there was a black panther sighting in our hamlet!!

Two sleep on my feet, one on my pillow. The pillow sleeper came to live with us when he was very tiny and he was very poorly, almost didn't make it so I had him sleep with me his first night away from his mother. He spent the night sleeping across my face. He has now imprinted on me and won't leave me alone. He adores me and the feeling is mutual.

Their flea treatment etc is always up to date and I love the feel of clean sheets so our bed is always fresh. We even bought a superking to accommodate the boys.

Oh dear....

Both my dogs are groomed regularly and also love their bath. My friends comment that they both smell of a mixture of aftershave and perfume cos they are hugged so much. As I said they dont sleep with us but only come in to be with us every morning and we always look forward to seeing them.

We use this stuff oh my they smell fab & are soooo soft after !

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321822206.727035.jpg

It may have been my post that inspired this thread, so you all know that my dog slept on my pillow two nights ago :biggrin:. When we first got her she slept on her blanket just outside our bedroom door but our house is very very cold in winter and she was shivering even with her jacket on so we brought her in to the bed then. Now our weather is stupid, we have about 1 month of cold weather, 1 month of nice weather and then it gets blisteringly hot day & night for the rest of the year so she is still in with us so she can sleep in the air-con. She's a small fluffy dog and really feels the heat and cold but her fur is a bit of a problem so I have to be extra diligent about changing the bedsheets regularly.

My cat lives with my parents still and he sometimes gets up on their bed if he is cold but is usually outside. One early morning he jumped into the bed and started brushing up against Mum for a pat. She patted him for a few minutes before she realised he had a tail - her cat is a manx and doesn't have a tail! Apparently it was the neighbours cat sneaking in for a cuddle :lol:

On the hurting the other half in your sleep front, when I was with my daughters dad I did on one occasion elbow him in the face!

But the thing that caused the biggest response (far too much info I know) was pulling the hair between his bum cheeks!! I think he actually threatened to kill me if I ever touched him again, I had no clue what I'd done till morning! :( did amuse me once I'd found out ;)

Haven't done anything since then and that was about 15yrs ago!

When we lived at the house doggie always stayed downstairs. Now we've got the flat my god the fur goes everywhere just by us walking around so no doggie in the rooms. I also can't take the dogs and husbands snoring either! Our tabby goes out at night but last few days I've slept on the sofa as got bad back, and he's slept snuggled up purring loudly. Got a fright yesterday turned over and laid on the poor thing! But he just purred more :)
if I'm down i do sneak doggie in our room but normally when Hubby is away. After he got attacked by another dog for weeks wouldn't have him in our room though just in case. Our dog is a lovely cuddly Labrador but you never know.
Better safe than sorry as at the end of the day they are animals after all.
X x o

i have a 1 year old rough collie, he sleeps with me but i dont really get a choice in it haha if i put him out he'll just open the door and jump back up on the bed!

along with the dog i have a cat called jovi who will sleep under my covers and every so often my other cat will sleep on my back haha!!

so a few times the three of them are in the bed at the same time! haha it does annoy me but they keep me warm lol

Yes, when together we have the pup (shes only a min pin) in the bed. She sleeps behind your knees and insists on being completely under the covers (completely unnecessary in Florida). Shes a spoiled brat and often does jail time (in the crate) for her crimes of thieving and eating household plants :lol:

My dog molly is allowed wherever she wants, even tho wen we got her my boyfriend said she wasn't allowed on the sofa/ bed/ up the stairs. Well that lasted all of 5mins! Ha ha!

Cos shes a whippet cross they tend to feel the cold much more, so although she doesn't sleep in our bed she has her own dog bed next to our bed on the floor and burrows in2her furry throw blanket (only luxury for Molly, ha ha!)

Every now and again tho I get a paw in the face cos she's cold and wants in with us for a heat!

X

Seriously this happened on the street up from me!! The bloke was drunk and sleepwalking and killed his dad!!
I let my oldest dog Molly (jack Russell) sleep upstairs. She used to sleep in her bed in my boys bedroom but if I went in the room to check on them she was so protective she growled at me!!
She sleeps in a bed on the floor at the end of my bed
Archie (14mth old jack Russell) sleeps in the kitchen as he is a pain in the bum!!! :-$ xx

Latest posts

Back