Our very own Nailzoo in Nails mag

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam1

Reaction score
Ok he wasn't quick enough to toot his own horn:) So Ill do it for him.

His website and youtube vids have made it into the latest nails magazine.
Congratulations:hug:
Nails Magazine - home

Yes Congratulations!!!! Well deserved!! He's very talented & it should be recognised, especially with all the time & effort gone in to making the video tutorials, which in turn help others!! Way to go!!! :) :hug:

All Right Way 2 Go Great Job Cool

dunno what to say really, I don't really want to blow my own trumpet, but I do feel a little proud.

I got a mention in Nails Magazine (the worlds largest circulation magazine for nail technicians).
Nails Magazine - home

It's a little blurb about my videos on Youtube (which to me are not all that good). Yet Nails mag still say they are great quality.

I don't put all of my videos on Youtube because the format cannot handle the speed at which I file, nor apply (the videos become distorted and pixilated), hence why I took out the cost of hosting them at Nail Zoo , so I could up the clarity and resolution. My Youtube subscribers have no idea I have my own website (yet).......

To say the least, I'm quite chuffed, some of my Youtube videos have had over 50,000 hits.

Oddly enough, over the last week, I have just bought a new camera, done a whole new setup, so now you will be able to see things from my point of view (as I'm working), with much clearer pictures, better movement, better everything. ( I so wanted a helmet cam).

As with all my videos, none of them are staged, they are filmed in salon conditions, as I am doing current clients under salon conditions (no perfect nail beds here) WYSIWYG, and just to mix things up even more, I will be using sample kits from a variety of suppliers.

Also, to add to this, I received my first Popits today (I will have to refer to them as "Dual System Forms"), I'm quite annoyed nobody had a broken nail today, but I must admit I managed to sneak one in:) My first popits was sculpted (no tip) and the results sent shivers down my spine and a grin from ear to ear from both me and a very shocked client (oddly enough I used Retention+ all day today), just for fun.

So stand by for a few new videos in the very near future.

Thanks for all you guys checking and appreciating out what I do.

(merged the 2 threads)

way to go nailzoo.....:hug:

ahhhh.....well done you shoulde be proud....i love to watch others work and see what techniques they use. i have seen your vids myself and think they are great.........
well done again xx

(merged the 2 threads)

way to go nailzoo.....:hug:

Bagpuss, you were quick off the mark, I was busy typing away and It was already merged :), now thats what I call "efficient".

Thanks Sam & Bagpuss:)
I'm kinda floating right now !!!

way to go :green: looking forward to your new videos with your helmet cam :green:

Its ages since I heard the term WYSIWYG :lol:

Congratulations Carl, well done you are uber fabulous x

Oh congratulations!! Well done you!! Would love to know where you got a hold of the popits? is anyone selling them in Aus yet?

Congratulations, Carl!!! Very impressive and very well deserved!

I have watched nearly all of your videos on your website and I still can't get over how FAST you are!!!!!!!! :eek:

Absolutely amazing!

:hug:

Fantastic Carl you really deserve this recognition I for one have benefitted greatly from your videos:hug:

Well done Aussie boy!!....Well deserved

xxx

Glad your birthday present sent shivers............:lol:

Well done CARL.xxxxxx

Just for fun, have a quick peak guess

Also as a thanks for a received Birthday gift, that will end up giving to many, the wonderful Adele sent me a box of Popits (herein referred to as Dual Forms).

I opened the box and pondered at those odd looking objects as if they were from another planet, I've seen Geeg at work (on video) as well as others, I'm gonna give my slant to them very soon.

I'm impressed after doing just one !!! (I've only had them for 2 hours), my mind is already doing the Bolero with ideas.

The more ideas, the merrier, let me have a moment alone with my new children and I'm bound to add my own flavor to the pot!!!!

I can't believe I am praying for a broken nail !!!!:)

I know you must love doing the vids but still the time and effort that must go into doing them, uploading them etc, must be quite a feeling to see your hard work praised as it should be. xx

Now thats what im talking about.. well done carl.. keep putting us on the map
x

thats brilliant well deserved :hug:

I know you must love doing the vids but still the time and effort that must go into doing them, uploading them etc, must be quite a feeling to see your hard work praised as it should be. xx

It keeps me up way beyond my bedtime (and makes me drink many things way beyond my limits), yet the next day (through bleary eyes), I have an odd feeling of satisfaction, I have regretted a few videos, but I've also regretted a few clients, ......... rather than delete these, I prefer to keep them as a memento of reality.

I really wish my clients all had beautiful nails, beautiful nailbeds/plates, never came back with lift, never had gritty undersides, ...but ......, thats not what walks through the door.

What I would like to show is the "reality" of the salon, rather than the "fantasy".

I could show the "beauty/beautiful" side of things, but it isn't real, my clients cook, they marinate, they work, they bite, they pick, they loose nails, they break, they lift, ....... they all do, and thats "reality".

This is what I want to show, these real conditions that I want to show how to fix and deal with, as best I/we can, as less than perfect technicians, in less than perfect conditions, with less than perfect nails.

There is a whole world and perspective that is ignored and it's called "reality", it's about time it was addressed, because it's what most of us deal with on a day to day, hour to hour basis.

I'm over the whole product versus product crap that goes on, lets start with skills and assistance, make the best of what we know, or can do with what we are given, then make those product choices if our skills, advice or product adherence let us down.

Latest posts

Back