P&W or Coloured Acrylis/Gels?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
This thread popped up on the home page.. and I read it with interest
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/4574-coloured-powders.html
And here's a statement that amused me

vbrep_register("31468")
19-04-04, 08:45 AM

sawasdee ka sam

And 1 more thing i want to speak .

Young lady about have 21 same me now who do not have nail because she not want pink and white when she see the color acrylic nails very beautifull she maybe want .

So i speak this maybe new market for future .

B4 the market was not ready but now it is sure .

Now you have my 300 baht worth :biggrin:

Mui from Thailand

and:
19-04-04, 08:33 AM

sawasdee ka

And that was my 3 baht worth :)

I will bet you 1 botle whiskey by 2007 color acrylics will be more then pink and white for customer .

Mui from Thailand

Sooo
This leads me to ask, what portion of your clientel is strictly p&w and never deviates, and what portion lives for colour?
AND if all you do is p&w, why?

Hi, Victoria.

Mine is beginning to alter. i'm trying to steer more towrds the custom blended powders, definatley a must more nail biters. although the majority is still pink and white i have 3 who prefer the custom blend. Plus i have those who prefer to have lots of white compared to the custom belnd. They do say they like the French finish because it is neutral and elegant. I don't do any enhancements at the moment who have a polish, and those that do it's only a one-off for a special occasion for a change. All my polishes are natural nail manicures.

75% - pink and white
15% - custom blend
10% - white glittter tips

Helloo??

I know a bunch of you use coloured acrylics...

Anyone want to share what the percentages are??
Please?

Tbh I only have 2 clients who have coloured L&P the rest have pink and whites or clear

Most of my teenage girls (16-19) will have some kind of glitter or coloured acrylic instead of white for a french-style tip. These girls are my best clients, they have the luxury of being able to spend the money they earn from their part-time jobs, they are willing to sacrifice other things to get their nails done, and they rave about me! By giving my girls a bit of nail art for free when they get me a referral, I get them addicted to it.... bwah ha ha ha!! :D Most of them will change the acrylic colour at every fill.
I also make my other clients aware that I offer the colours, I recently did a girl for her wedding and put white glitter over her french tip, which looked beyond adorable, and she was rapt. Another woman had gold glitter to go with the evening dress she was wearing to a formal function. The point is that they knew I offered it, and it had a chance to percolate through their minds.
I know of another tech who has over 60% of her clients on coloured acrylics and they change the colour every fill.
HTH, probably way more info than anyone needs ;) but I am feeling rather verbose this morning :D

verbose is good:green:

I was rather hoping for a lot more responses, to see how much has changed since that last thread way back when.

Thanks!!

I do a lot more coloured acrylic than I used to do but my clients still love P&W, I'm trying to sell myself more with the colours atm.

I do a lot more coloured acrylic than I used to do but my clients still love P&W, I'm trying to sell myself more with the colours atm.

I know what you mean! I love doing the coloured acrylics, they give a more interesting and unique look for the client and I just think they are snazzy :lol:.
I always make sure that my little polish wheel with the dabs of coloured acrylic is sitting out on the desk (Northern Lights just rawks) right next to the client. I usually wear it myself and put some colours on the salon owner. She is my lovely guinea pig. She'll wear whatever I want to put on her and promote me to the ends of the earth, even though I'm a renter and she doesn't have to.
A few of my young clients will drop by almost every day to stick their heads in and say hi. They'll show the client I'm working on their nails and compliment my work, and say how much they love their glitter (with NO PROMPTING!!).
I find the easiest way to promote it is to just mention it, and say how nice it is for a change or a special occasion.
If you find some other way to promote it that works, let me know. I would love to do more of them and get known for it. There aren't many techs in my neck of the woods that do the coloured acrylics, and even if they do, they don't make a point of it. Most people who've walked through the door don't even know that it's possible.
It's a nice little add-on for us that increases our profit, so I don't understand why it's not being promoted more! It looks cool and makes us money... Go figure:rolleyes:

Nearly all my clients are boring they have p&w only had 3 whos had colour, i wouldnt mind but i have different colours or glitters on my nails all the time ive only had p&w when training, personally i dont like it i think it is common and boring as everyone wears there nails p&w, i like my nails to be noticed for been out of the ordinary :hug:

My clientele divides up like this...
50% pink and white
25% colored acrylic
25% pink glitter and white glitter acrylic

Most of my colored acrylic clientele are really having fun with acrylic designs such as tiger stripes, 3 color fades, acrylic nail art, custom blends, 2-3 colors, etc. So glad as there is always a new request each day! :green:

Since I don't actually have any clients of my own...Mum and Grandmum don't count...I take out services in trade!!!(kid watching mainly) I have to give student #'s

Students wearing colored L & P=95% (of students wearing enhancements)
Clients w/ color 80%
Clients w/ P and W 10%
the last 10% usually wear just clear or pink and polish with NNO.

School dance season is in full swing and the girls are flocking- ok- HERDING- a flock would assume it is a small controlled number- we end up with 50 to 75 girls at a time on dance day for hair and nails, usually bringing a swatch of fabric from their dress or a photo so they can match their nails and hair glitter to the dress. Soooo glad I'm not 16!!!

BTW- just changed from my traditional white to a rather bold color for me- turquois glitter- EZ Flow Dare to be Dazzling or maybe it was boogie nights- can't remember!! I'll have to check at work tomorrow!

atm, i would say that i'm 75% color/glitter and 20% p&w and 5% natural/pink. my 75% does consist of mainly the teens-20's crowd. luckily, NO ONE around me does colors (for atleast a 20 mile radius around me). i wear mainly color/glitter tips-which attracts a lot of attention and gets me more business... you would be surprised at how many times during a shopping trip i get asked "where do you get your nails done... what kind of polish is that... ooo those are really pretty!" my little conversation pieces have helped my wallet!

i do charge a little extra for color/glitter .... most change their colors at every fill (and i charge a little extra for this too).

it makes for some nice extra revenue - plus I think it's fun :)

Most of my clients are pink and whites, a have a small handful of people have natural, and another small handful of people that love having different coloured tips.
Have just bought some nail graphix so they have a bit more choice.

jayne

:) i`d say that more than half of my clients at some point have had either coloured acrylic or crushed shells on i think i`ve only the ONE client who hasn`t had nail art on. i find if i want to push a new colour mix or crushed shell design i do it on my own nails and boy do i repeat it!:idea:

Wow Victoria that brought back memories reading the post from Mui a young Thai girl who we were all very fond of.

My percentages are this:
p&w gel 40%
clear gel 10%
coloured L&P 10%
p&w l&P 40%

Wow Victoria that brought back memories reading the post from Mui a young Thai girl who we were all very fond of.

I guess she's not around anymore?

Shall I assume that she 'guessed' correctly and that numbers have climbed dramatically since that thread? I wasn't doing coloured gel-resins at the time of it and only recently 'opened for business' per se (going on 2yrs soon WOW where did the time go)

I myself only heard of this stuff when I started looking into nail art online. Never seen it around town. Not even once. So, I'm assuming that I'm the only one in town doing it (well, I do it with UV gel right now, but you know what I mean). Everyone I meet is like 'wow, where'd you get that done" etc
Every new client that walks in the door, who's had enhancements before, is always stunned at the possibilities and says things like "my old tech had nothing like this".

Hi I haven't been on for a while but in the Caribbean Color is in I don't airbrush so i use colored powders to do designs my Percentage is 90% color
5% P&W
5% natural
And a large portion of my clients work for goverment offices
where the norm was to be as clean cut as possible but time changes and so do people.

Tricia:green: :green:

My younger and more trendy customers adore colour acrylic and all kinds of nail art. Professionals usually opt for P&W.

My most popular service is actually natural nail care >> manicures and pedicures (70%). Only 30% go for enhancements.

I'm hoping the tables will turn soon though, as acrylic nail art gets more exposure in the media here :) Most customers that I manage to persuade and try enhancements for the first time are instantly hooked after that. Hee! Hee!

This thread popped up on the home page.. and I read it with interest
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/4574-coloured-powders.html
And here's a statement that amused me

and:

Sooo
This leads me to ask, what portion of your clientel is strictly p&w and never deviates, and what portion lives for colour?
AND if all you do is p&w, why?

I am working on it, wearing color, pointing out to my clients that on the TV and in all the latest mags etc.color is the thing............
#1 -clients love the clean french manicure look, versatile
#2- they are scared of change and especially of being the 1st to do it

I'll keep on trying though, I too believe it's gonna happen soon!! ( I hope)

:hug:

Latest posts

Back