Peanut Table

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jogels

Reaction score
OK here's something for you all to have a good laught at! As you may know, I am in the midst of making a new nail desk. I had to wait for someone to go to an Ikea in Alberta so the project was onhold for awhile. I now have the Helmer drawer unit and the adjustable legs from Ikea (the closest Ikea is about 5 to 6 hours away). My hubby bought the wood for the top and brought home a large piece of cardboard to draw the shape onto (by the way, he is a carpenter). As I left the house to run an errand, I told him to draw a "peanut" shape on the cardboard and then I'll check it b4 he traces it onto the wood.I told hm that it needed to be between 130 cm - 14- cm long and about 20 inched in the center. Well guess what ... I came home to a penis shaped template!!!! LOL I couldn't believe my eyes!!!! It was hilarious!! I guess peanut and penis do sound alike!!!!! I was telling the girls about this tonight and it was so funny. They thought it might be good for the "business". One even suggested that I call it Erotica Nails!!!! I wish I could have taken a picture!! Anyhow we have now come up with a whole new design for the table top. I will try and attach some pictures when the whole thing is finished!! No, sorry to disappoint you, it won't be penis shaped!!!!

:green: LOL......awe come on, we wanna see the "penis" table. TO FUNNY!!!!

Talk about men and their "selective" hearing!!:lol: Was it at least the "size" you wanted? LOL.....or did he get that wrong too!!!:green: Sorry Jogels, couldn't resist!! Having to much fun with this one!!

Could you not get Ikea to ship what you needed to you? Thought they did that. Our closest is in Calgary, which is 2 hours from us. You know Jo, that table design could fetch you a few bucks on ebay!!:idea: LOL

Thanks for the laugh Jo, that's to funny!!! Can't wait to share your story with my pals!!

:lol:

LOL!
How funny would it be to have your clients sitting at a penis shaped table!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Made me laugh can just see people's face's when you ask them to take a seat:!:

I wonder what he would come up with if you asked him to make chairs:lol:

fingrz n toez said:
I wonder what he would come up with if you asked him to make chairs:lol:

Probably just a couple of bean bags! :eek:

Purex said:
Probably just a couple of bean bags! :eek:

lmfaooooooooooo

you're naughty! :eek:

pamperedpinkies said:
:green: LOL......awe come on, we wanna see the "penis" table. TO FUNNY!!!!

Talk about men and their "selective" hearing!!:lol: Was it at least the "size" you wanted? LOL.....or did he get that wrong too!!!:green: Sorry Jogels, couldn't resist!! Having to much fun with this one!!

:lol:
of course it was. Every mans dream to have a 130cm penis.:lol: :lol:

I'll ask our MD if he wants to launch a new range of nail stations. Might call it 'The Anatomical Collection'

Trouble is, depending on who the model is, you might not get much workspace! :green:

Jogels said:
OK here's something for you all to have a good laught at! As you may know, I am in the midst of making a new nail desk. I had to wait for someone to go to an Ikea in Alberta so the project was onhold for awhile. I now have the Helmer drawer unit and the adjustable legs from Ikea (the closest Ikea is about 5 to 6 hours away). My hubby bought the wood for the top and brought home a large piece of cardboard to draw the shape onto (by the way, he is a carpenter). As I left the house to run an errand, I told him to draw a "peanut" shape on the cardboard and then I'll check it b4 he traces it onto the wood.I told hm that it needed to be between 130 cm - 14- cm long and about 20 inched in the center. Well guess what ... I came home to a penis shaped template!!!! LOL I couldn't believe my eyes!!!! It was hilarious!! I guess peanut and penis do sound alike!!!!! I was telling the girls about this tonight and it was so funny. They thought it might be good for the "business". One even suggested that I call it Erotica Nails!!!! I wish I could have taken a picture!! Anyhow we have now come up with a whole new design for the table top. I will try and attach some pictures when the whole thing is finished!! No, sorry to disappoint you, it won't be penis shaped!!!!
Out of curiosity if you got the legs from Ikea why didnt you get the Peanut shaped table top from them too???? They do these very cheaply in Ikea in UK. Lots of tech here use them.

Tooooo funnny,

This is defo one of lifes precious lil moments.
The look on YOUR face.........couldn't imagine mine .........Priceless.:eek:

XX J XX

Out of curiosity if you got the legs from Ikea why didnt you get the Peanut shaped table top from them too???? They do these very cheaply in Ikea in UK. Lots of tech here use them.[/quote]

I didn't get the Ikea table because I have a dust desk vent which attaches to the edge of the desk. In order for it to attach properly it needs to be against a straight edge. The Ikea table is curved. We came up with a totally different custom designed top that even has "jut outs" for my uv lights. It is primed and hopefully will be painted with the next few days.

how funny is this ...i mean just imagine your clients errection...erm,cough,cough i mean reaction when you showed them to your desk (lol sorry was to good to miss:green: )

anyway i was going to say i would love to make my own desk,i have bought two now one was too small and one was to big,so now im working from my kitchen table...not the proffessional image id like to give out :irked:
i might just look into customizing my own i think :idea: bloomin good idea hunnie thankyou...please do post pics when its finished xxx

After seeing some really great looking work stations I noticed quite a few of them are those peanut shaped desks from Ikea. How do the techs who use them feel about them. Are they the right size not to cause discomfort on either your behalf or the clients?
Thinking seriously about getting one made... Or if I am lucky getting one from Ikea.

Any feedback would be great.

Jacky

Oh come on guys this poor hubby, its not his fault he miss heard and made a complete fool of him self, i think you are all being rather mean to him.......... NOT what a plonker... ha ha ha me always think of one thing and as for the bean bags.. i,m laughting all over the floor..... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

this is hilarious. did he not wonder why on earth you'd want a penis shaped table? well at least he's obedient.

i can just imagine your face when you walked in to a giant picture of a willy!!

Latest posts

Back