Pedicure / Manicure??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsbylexi

Reaction score
So I just had a client come back 2 hours after her appointment and show me that her big toes nail polish smuged. She state that she touched it to see if it was dry and it smuged. So I took her back and took her polish off and reapplied it.

Does anyone have like a waiver or something that their pedi and mani clients sign. stating something about polish and how long it takes to dry.

When i was in school they said it took 2-3 hours in the summer and 3-4 hours in the winter.

Thanks!!

I always tell my clients to be really careful with freshly applied polish, i tell them that it will be touch dry in a few hours and that it takes a full 24 hrs to set hard,
& tell them to wear flip flops (bet you already do this)
once they have left the salon with perfect nails it is up to them to be careful with what they have just paid good money for,
if they come back like your lady has then charge them, they will be more careful the next time hth

I guess it would depend ion who the client is as to how you would deal with it.

If I have someone come in because they are going on holiday or to a special event, I actually say to them that if they smudge that they can come back and I will re-touch for them, free.

Last week, I had done lots of different treatments for a bride and mother of the bride. The morning of the wedding I did a mani for the brides mum and half way through the treatment she mentioned that she was going home to wash her hair!!:rolleyes: Now obviously her polish is going to smudge, so I told her she could borrow the bottle, take it home with her, 'just in case', and she was thrilled. Bottle has been returned and she was still thrilled that I offered it. I dare say that she will tel her friends/family about it and it will all help my reputation!:)

I always tell my clients to be really careful with freshly applied polish, i tell them that it will be touch dry in a few hours and that it takes a full 24 hrs to set hard,
& tell them to wear flip flops (bet you already do this)
once they have left the salon with perfect nails it is up to them to be careful with what they have just paid good money for,
if they come back like your lady has then charge them, they will be more careful the next time hth

Ya, I alway tell them that it takes about 2-4 Hours to dry. I didn't know it took a full 24 Hrs. to set hard!! GREAT TO KNOW!!

The lady that came back is one of our hard clients. She expects everything for free and if she doesn't get it she complains to everyone (friends and all) So I just hurried and repolished her toe. No big deal but.... I just needed to know for future clients what to do.

Ya, I alway tell them that it takes about 2-4 Hours to dry. I didn't know it took a full 24 Hrs. to set hard!! GREAT TO KNOW!!

The lady that came back is one of our hard clients. She expects everything for free and if she doesn't get it she complains to everyone (friends and all) So I just hurried and repolished her toe. No big deal but.... I just needed to know for future clients what to do.

I had a couple of clients that would come back an hour later & expect me to repolish them when "they just looked down & it was like that!?!"

:mad: No phone call, just walked back in when they felt like it & stayed there 'til I fixed it!! Yeah, they just expect it as if I would also be responsible for a scratch on their car on the way home!!

Geez, when we spoil our clients, we REALLY spoil them.:rolleyes:

For clients who come for pedicures and are not wearing flip-flops and do not want to buy disposable ones, I usually wrap the feet in clingfilm before they put their shoes or boots back on. Not ideal I know but I was taught to do this at a salon where I worked. Some clients do think we are miracle workers!

For clients who come for pedicures and are not wearing flip-flops and do not want to buy disposable ones, I usually wrap the feet in clingfilm before they put their shoes or boots back on.

Does it work?:)

What is clingfilm?

For clients who come for pedicures and are not wearing flip-flops and do not want to buy disposable ones, I usually wrap the feet in clingfilm before they put their shoes or boots back on. Not ideal I know but I was taught to do this at a salon where I worked. Some clients do think we are miracle workers!
Oooh yes Christine, I'd be interested to know if this actually works. lol.

If the client leaves the salon and her polished nails are intact and unsmudged then I would charge further if they asked for smudges to be repaired. Provided they are given advice to leave their nails for at least an hour to be touch dry and of course several hours to be properly dry.

If clients are having a pedi then advise them to bring flip flops or suggest that you do sell pedi slippers.

Ask them to pay for the hand polish in advance so they don't have to dig in the bags afterwards and to have car keys ready. We are talking 'polish' here at about £15/ set , not gel or l&p which sets rock hard immediately and cost £30 plus. I honestly don't think waivers are needed to be signed.

It is also important for the nail tech to ensure that she/he uses polish which is not old and thick as this does take longer to dry because of the viscosity.

Wrapping clients feet in clingfilm or a pastic bag before putting on their shoes/boots on is a last resort for me and the client would need to wait a good half an hour at least before doing so.

I have never had a client say it didn't work and the salon that taught me to do it was a very upmarket one. I keep meaning to do it on myself just for peace of mind and I am in need of a pedi so I'll try and test it out this week.

Wrapping clients feet in clingfilm or a pastic bag before putting on their shoes/boots on is a last resort for me and the client would need to wait a good half an hour at least before doing so.

I have never had a client say it didn't work and the salon that taught me to do it was a very upmarket one. I keep meaning to do it on myself just for peace of mind and I am in need of a pedi so I'll try and test it out this week.
Please let us know how it goes Chris. Might try it myself.

I will try and give myself a pedi tomorrow before I do some flyer distribution. That should put it to the test good and proper. Will keep you posted. (I'll die if it lets me down lol!):lol:

I call it a "winter pedicure saver". I let the client dry for about 15 minutes. Then I remove their disposable flip flops and toe separators and apply cuticle oil over all of the painted toe nails and then plastic wrap (cling wrap, the kind that you use in your kitchen to cover food). Then you have the client slip their socks over the plastic wrap and have then gently place their feet into their shoes. They can remove the plastic wrap when they get home. The cuticle oil and plastic wrap act as a buffer to avoid smudges. It works every time!!! :green:

thats really good advice kit kat will be giving that one a go x

I call it a "winter pedicure saver". I let the client dry for about 15 minutes. Then I remove their disposable flip flops and toe separators and apply cuticle oil over all of the painted toe nails and then plastic wrap (cling wrap, the kind that you use in your kitchen to cover food). Then you have the client slip their socks over the plastic wrap and have then gently place their feet into their shoes. They can remove the plastic wrap when they get home. The cuticle oil and plastic wrap act as a buffer to avoid smudges. It works every time!!! :green:

thats a great tip, might have to give it a try, all my regulars bring flip flops ,but theres always one who forgets:)

hey i know how you feel i did a set nails when some idot client said oh the smile line too high pls take all off do again - IN ACRYLC an hour wasted i nearly cried.
Swop to opi it dries super fast so you dont get ppl smudging them, unfortunately it is a perception that good mani pedi is how nice polish looks after how long lasts for which is rubbish cos any idiot can paint.
try opi or jessica it lasts well use good base coat then thin layer of colour it takes time to dry thicker layers 2 thin layers is all you need then quick dry top coat, volia!

Do any of you use a drying solution for your polishes?

I had one lady come to me with stiletto shoes on so her toes were auite squashed, anyhoo, after I had painted the toes, she popped them straight into her shoes, couldnt believe it, she took them out and of course they were all smudged, I reminded her that I had a pair of disposable flip flops and she refused to wear them! :grr:

I now tell peeps its a must that they bring flip flops with them, and I use Solar Speed Spray!

xxxxx:hug:

Flip flops and either quick spray or drying drops are essential imo (whether your client's in a hurry or not).

Latest posts

Back