Pedicures & Toe Nail Clippings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemiss1t

Reaction score
Hello,

I was just wondering, and it sounds funny, but when your doing a pedicure, what do you do with the toe nail clippings?

I hate to think they are being clipped off and all over the floor!

Any suggestions?

Carly x

Hello,

I was just wondering, and it sounds funny, but when your doing a pedicure, what do you do with the toe nail clippings?

I hate to think they are being clipped off and all over the floor!

Any suggestions?

Carly x

At the risk of sounding a bit simplistic I just pick them up and put them in the bin.......

As I cut the nails, I either hang on to the bit I am cutting or hold my hand over the toe (I had one stick to my lip gloss once) and then just put them in my bin.

That's what I was worried about, them flying anywhere. Or being left on the towel.

Carly x

well, I either catch them in a tissue I have to hand when cutting, hover any up to go onto the floor or those that are on the towel get washed!

What is it you are actually worried about?

Mouth shut!!
Tissue at the ready!
Sweep at the end!
Bin!!
Sorted!!
xx

Well, it's just finding them in funny places, and I have heard about people cutting them and bits going in their eyes. Some people where those science looking clear glasses, and I just think it would come across offensive.

I try to cut them and get them there and then.

Carly x

I just cut them and put the clippings in the din.xxxxxx

If the nails are soaked sufficiently then they are less likely to fly. I use a bin for clippings and I have a cordless vacuum ($40.00 US Dollars) that I use after all services. It works well to pick up errant clippings, it is quick and looks good to the next client when they see me clean the floor.

Once a nail clipping pinged on to my mouth which had a lovely shade of lip gloss:eek::lol:.....

Otherwise the ones i own actually go into the nail clippers so there are "no accidents"....and then i tip them out of the clipper and into the bin.....:)

I try and collect the clippings in a tissue which I hold whilst cutting. I dust-bust after a pedi to ensure there is no debris lying about.:)

I've had a splinter of one in my eyes and had to tell the client I had an eyelash in it so not to make them feel worried, it really hurt! I have also had one jump onto my lip. I now hold my hand over the nail and keep my mouth closed. :eek: Clippings go straight in the bin.

I saw this video on youtube where you place tap around the toe nail clippers so when you clip the nail the tap catches it so it doesn't fly all over. I wish I could find the video, but I'm sure if you go on youtube and just type in nails you'll find it.

I however have not tried this first hand nor with a client, and I do as most of you do, pick them up and put them in a trash bin.

Strange question..... put them in the bin has already been said, so another idea is maybe to collect them all and make them into candles.... if you put them in the bin tho, do they have to go in the sharpes box, or into the recycling.......MMMMmmmmm:idea:

the clippers that i use have got a guard ever side of them so as long as the toe nails are soaked and are soft the toe nails are all collected in the clippers so you then just slide the guard backwards to empty them in the bin. I think i got them from salonserve will dig out the invoise and find out for you hun:Grope:

Latest posts

Back