Perfecting smile lines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamjams

Reaction score
i started doing nails in november and was doing good i had a break as i have a young baby now im really struggling with my smile lines and feel like giving up :cry:
everytime i do someones nails i use white tips beacause im so worried i'll mess them up

i have never tried using forms , do u think this would be easier for me

I sculpt most of the time, and I use the reverse application method, maybe trying it this way would help?? you may find it easier, worth a try, here's a link to a page that has video tutorials to the reverse application, hope it helps, don't give up, get stuck in there with practice and you will get there xx

Young Nails

just scroll down a wee bitty and you wil see three seperate tutorials, intro, body and free edge, its split into 3 parts.....enjoy x

RUTHLM...Saw the link you put up to Young Nails. Do you use their products? I've seen them advertised, and thought about trying them...

RUTHLM...Saw the link you put up to Young Nails. Do you use their products? I've seen them advertised, and thought about trying them...
hi there i use them and love them:)

Don't give up!!!! I nearly always sculpt and really struggled to get them right, I've gradually got alot better. I was trained by Youngs and I still use their products their form are great, The reverse aplication is a great way to do nails.
xxx:hug:

I love their videos but I doubt I will leave CND for them. They have a fresh face and new ideas true! But I can apply the ideas to my work with CND!

Here is a practice exercise for you!! Glue some tips to orange sticks. Do not cut them down! Now do the reverse application to the tip You will have noth9ing to go by but your own mind as to how to make the smile. you make zone 2 and 3 on the back 1/2 of the nail and zone one on the rest of the tip that you have not cut off. This way you are not feeling like you are messing up on a client and you can work and work on the smile! ;) Hope that helps now SMILE!

Hiya, yea I use Young Nails products, they are fab, the only thing I wanted from them was a coverage powder, I originaly had to custom blend, but they have now launched 2 coverage powders, a pink and peach, and it's available to buynow in the uk. They have sample products, deffinaley one to have a try with, hth x ruth

Hey,

I have tried to look at the reverse application video on the link provided for Young Nails, but it is just a guy zooming about, is there another link to this? Thanks much appreciated in advance xxxxx

Hey,

I have tried to look at the reverse application video on the link provided for Young Nails, but it is just a guy zooming about, is there another link to this? Thanks much appreciated in advance xxxxx

oops I found it, my mistake lolx

thanks guys , i never thought about trying reverse .
ive also got some forms now so will crack on "practice makes perfect":biggrin:

hiya you could always try Q french smile cutters they supossed to give you perfect smile evereytime !! havn't tried them but the the video looks good :)

hiya you could always try Q french smile cutters they supossed to give you perfect smile evereytime !! havn't tried them but the the video looks good :)

OH MY!! I just had a look at the site to see how the cuters workds and I saw this....
"The Q-Lifts tool is often called "A nail technician's favorite tool". Iit lifts and removes old acrylic nails, wet acrylic around cuticles, and from underneath. Stainless steel finish."

That is horrid! It just pry's them off I think.

Hi Girlies,

Forgive me for my ignorance but what is sculting and reverse application?

I am currently at college doing Silk extensions? Can I do both the above using this system?

These are a complete waste of space .. I've seen them and tried them and bearing in mind you should never use neat monomer ever, the way they use them is scandalous!

The best thing is to learn how to nails the correct way and to develop the skills to do them ... if you can't, you shouldn't be doing nails.

Hi Girlies,

Forgive me for my ignorance but what is sculting and reverse application?

I am currently at college doing Silk extensions? Can I do both the above using this system?

Hiya, sculpting is a way of applying Liquid and powder ( sometimes known as acrylic ) to extend your nails, tips are not used, instead a disposable foil " form " is applied to each finger and is used as a platform to build the nail extention. Reverse application is just the order that the different steps of application is carried out. The more traditional way is applying the tip first, and then applying the body of the nail, with the reverse application it's just the other way around really, you apply the body of the nail first and then the free edge extention, if you scroll up the thread there is a link up to a site that has some tutorials on the reverse application, might make more sence to you to watch it being done?? hope I explained it ok :biggrin:

i started doing nails in november and was doing good i had a break as i have a young baby now im really struggling with my smile lines and feel like giving up :cry:
everytime i do someones nails i use white tips beacause im so worried i'll mess them up

i have never tried using forms , do u think this would be easier for me

Hi, I really struggled with smile lines too when I first started, and the way that worked for me was to use white tips, and then place the white L&P on top, but use the white tip as a guide, I'm glad to say I can now do reasonable smile lines without using tips, lol. Another good tip was to use spare plastic tips and just practice practice practice doing the smile lines on these. I've also tried the reverse application but have to admit that it just didn't feel right for me. hth.

Latest posts

Back