PN October - Where would you work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathryn

Reaction score
Hi guys

As you might have seen from Rachael's thread, we're doing a relocation feature in the October issue so I thought I'd open up the Chatroom page on a similiar topic.

So, this month, I'd love it if you could give me some feedback on the following:

If I could work anywhere in the world, it would be...

As usual, please can you add your full name and business name to any reply so I can give full credit in the mag when we publish the comments. Feel free to PM me or email [email protected]

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers
Kat
xxxx

Editor
Professional Nails

If I could work anywhere in the world it would be right where I am in Glasgow because, although it sounds really cheesy, I couldn't find a better group of people to work with (they really make me proud!) or even a better collection of clients, who are almost all, interesting, funny and really lovely, caring individuals and a joy to see every couple of weeks. The only thing I would change would be the weather!!!!!!!!!

good weather isn't all it's cracked up to be Fiona...
although I love living here it can be too hot to work when people don't have air-con in their homes... that is speaking as a mobile, obviously different in a salon situation :D
x

Hmmmm where would I work if I could choose, right here where I am at..... I love the City of London, I love my clients, I love they loyalty they have shown me over the last 11 years, they are the ones that have made NAILSINLONDON what it is and I am proud of that...I just love the hustle and bustle of the City.......LONDON my kinda town.....
Ruth Fordham
www.nailsinlondon.com

I would work right where I am Crawley, West Sussex. I know it's not that great to others but to me it's been a place where I've grown to be what I am today, a mobile nail technician and a very proud one at that. I wouldn't want to change a thing, my clients make it the most enjoyable for me and what I want to do in return is make it better for them. Most people think that if they live anywhere else in the world they are more enclined to make a success of themselves, I disagree, I think being true to your heart is how you make a success of yourself no matter where you are in the world.

Rose Timms
The Beauty Preference

xxxx

Well Kat, I bet you didnt expect these replies LOL.

I was going to put exactly the same as the rest but felt it might be seen as cheesy.

But yes, same goes for me I would choose to be right where I am as the grass is not always greener. You might think somewhere else would be a dream come true but it could just as easily turn out to be your worst nightmare.

Appreciate and make the most of what you have rather than dreaming about what might be.

If I could work anywhere it would be in Leighton Denny's salon Urban Retreat in Harrods!

I think his work is fab and would love to shadow him.

I also love the idea of working in a big city.

Well having seen the results of the Nailympics, I would like to do a secondment to Japan as there is obviously something really HOT going on over there with their skills. That's as long as I could bring all my wonderfully supportive and loyal clients, and have a Japanese interpreter!

Sarah Haslam, Buff Nails & Beauty, Fareham

i would love to be working at boot camp under Sam, learning all the tricks of the trade and watching the top techs do their stuff.

I'd love to have a beauty and nail salon in Spain. That's my goal. xxx

ok - i'd be working at the OSNS and hopefully getting a massive discount on my products!! lol

your idea sounds good Lucia, take me with ya?? x

Japan for me too, I have always been fascinated by the culture and the nails they are producing are out of this world. I would love to spend some time there soaking up the culture and learning the intricacies of their fab nail art.

A little air conditioned nail bar of my very own in the costa del sol.....

Well right now I am really happy working from home. I have loyal clients who have moved from the salon I was at to my home and things have really taken off. So no complaints.

If I could choose anywhere else, nowwwww, let me think. I used to live in Australia and that is a beautiful country, but missed England and found it as bit too hot.

Now let me think. My dad came from Barbados and I have never been there, so I would like to dream of an air conditioned salon on the beach, maybe a beach hut type thing, living a beautiful caribbean carefree life.

One can only dream.

Sam

In a mortuary!!!
My absolute dream job would be to work as a forsensic pathologist.

But, as that isn't going to happen, I'd have to say I'd love to work in Oz. I'm hoping to go out early next year to see what it's like before making the leap so watch this space.....

i love it where i am now, in a little village called wombourne, where the clients are just so loyal and have made a lot of friends here.
i have often thought of setting up in paphos, Cyprus. its where my parents have their villa and every time i go over, i think more and more to do it, but my clients won't hear of it!!

jac extreme said:
A little air conditioned nail bar of my very own in the costa del sol.....

I haven't even began training yet -but as Jacqui, I've love a lttle nail bar of my own on the Costa del sol - even more so having just returned from a months holiday there, as there were only 2 in the area - always busy and charging 70 euros a set! I could live on doing 1 set per day and sunbathing on the beach for the rest of the day quite happily!!

Bryony said:

In a mortuary!!!
My absolute dream job would be to work as a forsensic pathologist.

Wow!! Bryony! There was something I'd didn't expect to read!! Have you always had these aspirations? or is it a wee pregnancy craving??? Haha!! :D

I would love to have a large cabin style hut in my garden to dedicate to nails. I am mobile right now and have to say i love where i am in Rayleigh and have some nice loyal clients now.

In my ultimate dream i would love to work in Canada in my own salon. Well maybe one day when we decide if we are emmigrating there or not.

Simply Nails Rayleigh.

If I could work anywhere it would have to be Las Vegas at the Rio hotel, very beautiful surroundings, great people and get to see the Chippendales maybe even service them ;)

Latest posts

Back