PopIts ... questions and answers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do!! :lol:
My suggestion is to use one bead BUT I never said anywhere that that is the only way.
Of course use more than one bead if you need to ... I do.
My tip is to apply the second bead (if you need it) on the top of what you have already laid down; not in front of it. This way avoids possible air bubbles.
Yes .. you are right, you need to work quickly.
Thats brill, I will have a play later and let you know how I get on!!!!

Thanks Geeg xxxx:hug:

Hi

I received my poppits today and have just tried one on my little pinky - I didn't have any problems with bubbles or anything else, however, when I removed the poppit after about 30 seconds or so, I did not have a very nice shiney nail as I was hoping for. Should I have left the poppit on for a while longer or have I done something wrong.

Other than that, it looks fab!

Hi

I received my poppits today and have just tried one on my little pinky - I didn't have any problems with bubbles or anything else, however, when I removed the poppit after about 30 seconds or so, I did not have a very nice shiney nail as I was hoping for. Should I have left the poppit on for a while longer or have I done something wrong.

Other than that, it looks fab!

Yes, you have done something wrong. Did you read the instructions?

The instrructions clearly state to leave the PopIt until until set .. set time for l&p is minimum 3 minutes and longer if necessary depending on the temperature!! Where ever did you get the idea of 30 seconds??..

When you tap the nail with a brush handle you should hear a sharp click not a dull thud. When it clicks it is set .. same as we did 20 odd years ago.

I'm sorry if I repeat anything here, I've had a quick scan of this thread, but its just sooo long!!!

I've done my own nails using popits and they looked wonderful, very shiney, and no air bubbles anywhere. It took me about an hour (including enamel application) and they were very easy to do. I just have one question though:

I regularly do my friends nails using white and pink l&p. she kindly allowed me to practice on her, and since I didnt have any white tips I applied zone 1 in the usual manner with a brush, then did 2 and 3 with a popits. Her finished nails were full of large air bubbles, and I think it might be because as I pressed the popit down, some air got trapped because of the slight ledge created by the product I had applied to zone 1 (if that makes sense).
I will probably use white tips for a full set with popits, but I'd like to resolve this problem so that I can do white and pink rebalances using popits. I tried to put the white and pink in the popit, but the smile line squished out of place when I applied the popit.
Has anyone got any suggestions or advice????

Hi Geeg

I did read the instructions, it was purely my lack of patience, couldn't help myself. Now I know that I have to be more patient i will give it another go and wait longer. It still looks good though.

I'm sorry if I repeat anything here, I've had a quick scan of this thread, but its just sooo long!!!

I've done my own nails using PopIts and they looked wonderful, very shiney, and no air bubbles anywhere. It took me about an hour (including enamel application) and they were very easy to do. I just have one question though:

I regularly do my friends nails using white and pink l&p. she kindly allowed me to practice on her, and since I didnt have any white tips I applied zone 1 in the usual manner with a brush, then did 2 and 3 with a PopIts. Her finished nails were full of large air bubbles, and I think it might be because as I pressed the PopIt down, some air got trapped because of the slight ledge created by the product I had applied to zone 1 (if that makes sense).
I will probably use white tips for a full set with PopIts, but I'd like to resolve this problem so that I can do white and pink rebalances using PopIts. I tried to put the white and pink in the PopIt, but the smile line squished out of place when I applied the PopIt.
Has anyone got any suggestions or advice????

When applying white into the PopIt, you must wait until the product is setting up before applying the pink and using it.

The white must not be wet or juicy. It should be at the same stage as when you normally would 'pinch' it (If you do that).

Obviously if the white is not starting to set, it will move on application.

My tip is to do 2 PopIts at a time if you are adding white or any other colour to the free edge. By the time you've done the white in the second one, the first will be ready to add the pink and apply. And so on until you have done all 10.

I regularly do my friends nails using white and pink l&p. she kindly allowed me to practice on her, and since I didnt have any white tips I applied zone 1 in the usual manner with a brush, then did 2 and 3 with a popits. Her finished nails were full of large air bubbles, and I think it might be because as I pressed the popit down, some air got trapped because of the slight ledge created by the product I had applied to zone 1 (if that makes sense).

This completely makes sense - I did this last night! But I could only notice a few very tiny air bubbles. I think it's a great way of applying them though, with the smile line in place I think mine looked great.

Apart from..... a bit of pink spilling onto Zone 1. I always remember being taught not to drag too much product over zone 1 when applying your pink. Does anyone think that I may need to apply my pink bead big enough to cover zone 2 and 3 and very finely in zone 1?

Half of my nail ended up shiny because of the Popit and the other half dull - so I did a very fine layer of pink in a new one and applied to the whole nail. Voila - no buffing. But it would have been better if I didn't have to apply the Popit twice!

ok recived a sample of popits today so do i cut the length of the popit to the length of the nail ? and do i cut the well out of my tips ?
also if using white tips how do i know where to start my smile line ?
sorry for questions carnt wait to try them though

ok recived a sample of PopIts today so do i cut the length of the PopIt to the length of the nail ? and do i cut the well out of my tips ?
also if using white tips how do i know where to start my smile line ?
sorry for questions carnt wait to try them though

You do not alter the PopIt in any way.

For speed I would use a well-less tip .. whether it comes that way or you cut the well out ... either way will do.

For white tips, you could apply your white powder first and then apply a one colour overlay OR .

Put the empty PopIt on the nail and then ..mark on the top of the PopIt where you want to place your smile line, create it with your white powder inside the PopIt ... let it set about 3 minutes and then add your one colour overlay and apply the PopIt.

Personally I would keep it simple for now and use a white well-less CND Performance tip and do a simple one colour overlay. This method is the simplest way to learn and the finished look is stunning. You can get 'fancy' later.

I do!! :lol:
My suggestion is to use one bead BUT I never said anywhere that that is the only way.
Of course use more than one bead if you need to ... I do.
My tip is to apply the second bead (if you need it) on the top of what you have already laid down; not in front of it. This way avoids possible air bubbles.
Yes .. you are right, you need to work quickly.
I have now done my 10th set today of poppits and still have the problem of air bubbles. After reading your post I done my next client (just finished)setting the second bead on top of the first and pressing down. I have found that this method really helps and this last set is just about perfect. Lovely. I like using them and have tried ez flow boogie nights directly on to nail and then clear acrylic in the poppit put over, turned out lovely. I could never judge smile lines inside poppits so am not even going there. To big a problem if I got it wrong. I find this works for me, I am still using my brush on nail for glitter and nail art and then poppit over. Hard to believe but I do find it quicker than normal method. Thanks for that tip, made my day.

Just my two-scents...But hasnt anyone else heard of nail defender or similiar product..? Purchused here in Japan it isnt cheap but it does its job which is to cover the natural nail so that you can apply your product and then afterwards just peel off your finished nail..That being said Ive used cheap full nail tips to do the same as the dual form with decent results...So my basic point is that using such a product with your dual forms will allow you to reuse them again and again with good results...BK

Just my two-scents...But hasnt anyone else heard of nail defender or similiar product..? Purchused here in Japan it isnt cheap but it does its job which is to cover the natural nail so that you can apply your product and then afterwards just peel off your finished nail..That being said Ive used cheap full nail tips to do the same as the dual form with decent results...So my basic point is that using such a product with your dual forms will allow you to reuse them again and again with good results...BK

explain what nail defender is... do you paint it on or stick it on or.....

i dont think we have it in the u.k

It is very thin clear paint on like polish...It works great for nail trainer hand when DAP wont do or for yourself and others that let you practice but hate the soakoff and now for the dual form...love to say whats in it because Im looking for similiar on american market but the writing is microscopic and in kanji..T.A.T. nail supply here in Japan if I remember right...BK

Some may consider using a nail bleaching agent as peroxide and something as easy as lemon juice and baking soda paste on naturalnail with just a clear overlay using the dual form...I offer a slightly discounted service as mentioned mainly to help clients grow out their nails and have seen great response from people who prefer nail art and shy away due to time and maintence now luv this service option....BK

DAP is a company that makes a product called fun tack are similiar names its a really soft putty used to stick objects togather...ie. cheap nail tips to the nail trainer to practice on...other companies make similiar products..I use it to stick cheap dollar store full tips to trainer hand painted with a red marker to teach fileing or polishing...Its really so hard to get replacement tips for the trainer here in Japan...BK

DAP is a company that makes a product called fun tack are similiar names its a really soft putty used to stick objects togather...ie. cheap nail tips to the nail trainer to practice on...other companies make similiar products..I use it to stick cheap dollar store full tips to trainer hand painted with a red marker to teach fileing or polishing...Its really so hard to get replacement tips for the trainer here in Japan...BK

ahhh, i see.
we call that blu-tack.

Latest posts

Back