PopIts Waiting room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also I forgot to ask one other question...
Does it hurt when you Pop them off??

OK i've tried the french but its like doing a smile line back to front as you are working on a concave surface and not a convex one (think i've got that right!) - still trying to perfect it as it looks good from the 'backside' which you are working on but turn it over and the side that will show looks crap!! Maybe thats just me!!! There are some strange order code (?) numbers imprinted on them which does help with placement but they are numbers like 337998 not 1-10 or anything that really makes sense and all the different sizes have different numbers.

However got to say that for your own sanity using white tips as normal then doing the 'popit' over it is a relatively easy ride!!

My biggest problem is my pinky is too small for the smallest popit - might start a new thread on this one!!!

:hug:

Wow that was a huge help
Thanks so much!

I've read a couple mentions to using these with gel, has anyone seen that yet? Also, I want to know how the product doesn't squish out the sides and into your sidewalls and cuticle? You would think that may cause a lifting issue?

Can anyone answer my questions? Please, I'm so jealous. I won't see this in the US for months, possibly a year.

(whine, cry)

Shiloh

I've read a couple mentions to using these with gel, has anyone seen that yet? Also, I want to know how the product doesn't squish out the sides and into your sidewalls and cuticle? You would think that may cause a lifting issue?

Can anyone answer my questions? Please, I'm so jealous. I won't see this in the US for months, possibly a year.

(whine, cry)

Shiloh

Ok to stop seepage there is a specially shaped edge to them - in theory this works a treat - in my novice hands i've had a tiny bit of leakage but i'm working on that - think i'm gonna fall asleep over my magic box of popits tonight!!!
:eek:

:cry:You're sooo lucky. I'm green with envy.

If I'm good, will Santa leave a box in my stocking?

:cry:You're sooo lucky. I'm green with envy.

If I'm good, will Santa leave a box in my stocking?

Ohh I hope and pray that I get a box for christmas!!!that would be the best christmas gift ever!!

OK i've tried the french but its like doing a smile line back to front as you are working on a concave surface and not a convex one (think i've got that right!) - still trying to perfect it as it looks good from the 'backside' which you are working on but turn it over and the side that will show looks crap!! Maybe thats just me!!! There are some strange order code (?) numbers imprinted on them which does help with placement but they are numbers like 337998 not 1-10 or anything that really makes sense and all the different sizes have different numbers.

However got to say that for your own sanity using white tips as normal then doing the 'popit' over it is a relatively easy ride!!

My biggest problem is my pinky is too small for the smallest popit - might start a new thread on this one!!!

:hug:

Trying to wrap my tired brain around this..... and cant figure it out (maybe cause it's past my bedtime? LOL)

One thing for sure, I can't wait to have a play and see demo's and tuts.

I was doing my own nails tonight.
Filed my overlay right down short, and resculpted with silver glitter... (starting the holiday season LOL).
I started at 8pm...
it's now midnight.....
AND I STILL HAVEN'T ADDED MY ART NOR MY FINISHING GLOSS:eek:
I'm going to bed with unfinished nails as I'm ZONKED.
(I mean, its not like doing clients hands. While one hand is in the lamp.. the other sits idle:irked: whereas with clients, one hand is always getting worked on, while the other is in the lamp. THEN add doing my own right hand, argh:grr:)

A thought popped (pardon the pun) into my mind
"OMG IMAGINE HOW FAST I'LL BE ABLE TO DO MY OWN WITH POPITS???":eek:
Right now, the worst for me is my right hand AND the finish filing of my right hand.
I HATE MY RIGHT HAND.:irked::evil: I always do. It never seems right to me.

please please please, let time fly so I can see the demos/tuts and get my greedy mitts on popits as I'm swiftly losing my marbles.
:cry:

:cry::cry::cry::cry:
Oh pleeese will some kind soul tell me what a popit is, what it looks like etc
Ive passed eager, angry and even foot stamping and am now just sad and whingey. I cant take it any more. Its not fair. Ive GOT to know before my last fragile connection to sanity is broken:cry::cry::cry:
Take pity

Am I correct in assuming these will be available to untrained techs (or those with previously unrecognised qualifications)?

Am I correct in assuming these will be available to untrained techs (or those with previously unrecognised qualifications)?

Hey Carl - they are available to Nail Pros only but they don't have to be trained with CND... anyone with a professional certificate can purchase them. Also to answers someone elses question 'do they hurt when you pop them off':eek:... of couirse not!!! It's as easy as pie but you need to be patient!! :)

anyone with a professional certificate can purchase them.

Do we need to bring our certificate with us when attending the demo if we do want to purchase "popits".

Another question .... maybe silly, but I have found that dirt seem to be attracted to matte (unfinished, unbuffed acrylic). Seeing as though the underside is matte (unfinished, almost like an unbuffed surface of a normal nail) whereas it's normally quite shiny underneath (sculptures or tips) will they attract more dirt to the underside?

For any geeks who have been to Leeds - What has S2 said about the strength of the finished nail? and How does the Popit allow the structure to be sound across all different nail types?

thanks
xx

For any geeks who have been to Leeds - What has S2 said about the strength of the finished nail? and How does the Popit allow the structure to be sound across all different nail types?

thanks
xx

The strength is supposed to be stonger with less lifting because of the all over compression adhering the product to the nail plate better than you might do with a brush - hope i'm getting this right Gigi!!

The product gets into all the nooks and crannys under the mould suiting most nails. Gigi does not recommend on fan shaped nails as they simply wont fit - but you can get round that with a little extra product added where needs be.

I hope I don't sound like i'm 'teaching' this stuff as i'm just an eye witness but just trying to help you guys out as I would be going nuts right now if I hadn't got to see it for myself!!!:hug:

Another question .... maybe silly, but I have found that dirt seem to be attracted to matte (unfinished, unbuffed acrylic). Seeing as though the underside is matte (unfinished, almost like an unbuffed surface of a normal nail) whereas it's normally quite shiny underneath (sculptures or tips) will they attract more dirt to the underside?

Yes if you are not using a tip - maybe get the dreaded drill out to smooth them a bit - I'm sure with tweaking we can overcome this - some people were thinking of having a nail form underneath as well which would probably work but obviously is more flaffing and this is meant to be a quick service...:hug:

A thought popped (pardon the pun) into my mind
"OMG IMAGINE HOW FAST I'LL BE ABLE TO DO MY OWN WITH POPITS???":eek:
Right now, the worst for me is my right hand AND the finish filing of my right hand.
I HATE MY RIGHT HAND.:irked::evil: I always do. It never seems right to me.

please please please, let time fly so I can see the demos/tuts and get my greedy mitts on popits as I'm swiftly losing my marbles.
:cry:

I see what you're saying. I was doing some fix-ups on my own nails last night and I actually got so frustrated I filed everything off!!!!!!

Doing my own nails makes me give up the will to go live. It is SO laborious, so hard to file with your wrong hand, and it's difficult to cap properly without being able to pull the side folds properly. Not to mention getting a nice smile line....

Frustration...... My nails looks brutal now. I hope we don't have to wait as long here for PopIts as we do for our fashions to catch up! Urgh.....

Do we need to bring our certificate with us when attending the demo if we do want to purchase "popits".

You will need to open an account with Creative so I would bring some evidence to be on safe side - you can buy everything but the l&p from the SWEET shop if you are not Creative trained.
:)

You will need to open an account with Creative so I would bring some evidence to be on safe side - you can buy everything but the l&p from the SWEET shop if you are not Creative trained.
:)

Great Thanks. Don`t want to turn up with no proof and not be able to purchase. I would be gutted.

also I forgot to ask one other question...
Does it hurt when you Pop them off??
Nope!

But it does hurt when you are practising and constantly applying and removing the product - my poor nail beds ouch!!!!!:irked:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Latest posts

Back