PopIts Waiting room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to give a big :hug: and a big X to claradoon and jacquisu. For putting my impatient brain at ease. I think it was very kind of you to post pic and describe and answer questions. Thanks to both of you. xxx P.S. Also to anyone else that has give info on poppits. :hug::hug:

Nope!

But it does hurt when you are practising and constantly applying and removing the product - my poor nail beds ouch!!!!!:irked:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hi, have you had a problem with the acrylic sticking to the skin at the end of your finger? I had very short nails after you take the popit off it, the bit of the free edge where the smile line would be was stuck to my skin on all my fingers and i cudnt file the side walls properly as it was stuck & it hurt i cut my self with the file.

she sculpted the white onto the popit and then the pink and applied, (the same as you did with gel cec xx) but with l&p

Hi nice to see you there yesterday, did she wait until the white was set quite a bit before applying the pink? Just that when i press the popit on, the white seems to merge with the pink! and i have to start again, but keeps happening -fustrating me!

Gigi does not recommend on fan shaped nails as they simply wont fit - but you can get round that with a little extra product added where needs be.

Huh. Fully half of my clientel have fan shaped nails, and so do I. Can the popits be tailored to fit individual cuticle and sidewall shapes?

Hi nice to see you there yesterday, did she wait until the white was set quite a bit before applying the pink? Just that when i press the popit on, the white seems to merge with the pink! and i have to start again, but keeps happening -fustrating me!

hi ya x
yeah kelly made the tipwith white L&P, let it set up then went ahead with the pink, kinda tricky to get the smile in the right place !!

yes ive been trying this today, what if the white is going to finish up just above the free edge though, if its set it wont stick to the nail plate?

I had to place an order with S2 today anyway so I have bought a box of Popits!! :) Any tips on how to use them given I haven't seen the demo although I have read the article in the CND catalogue.

yes ive been trying this today, what if the white is going to finish up just above the free edge though, if its set it wont stick to the nail plate?

I assume you have to do it as I did with gel. I took a popit, fit it, tried to find out where the white should be, made the white with white gel, cured it and then had clear inside the whole popit, included at the white (for nno). For sculpting I think it's fine with clear up to the white as it will "seep" up. The important thing with gel is that you don't "squeeze" it too much. You have to have a thin layer of uncured gel between the white tip and the natural nail. I also cured the free edge "upside down" in the lamp as a final session.

Did that make sense???

C.

Huh. Fully half of my clientel have fan shaped nails, and so do I. Can the popits be tailored to fit individual cuticle and sidewall shapes?

They have a special 'rim' around the edges to stop leaks so I wouldnt shape them. I did a fan shape nail today and all I did was take a tip slightly too large and didnt put the product right to the edge of the cuticle/free edge area but I did at the free edge (made oval shape in the popit with the widest part at free edge). It may not be official instructions but it seemed to work!! Might of just been lucky still need to experiment more don't shoot me if it doesn't work for you!!!:smack:

I assume you have to do it as I did with gel. I took a popit, fit it, tried to find out where the white should be, made the white with white gel, cured it and then had clear inside the whole popit, included at the white (for nno). For sculpting I think it's fine with clear up to the white as it will "seep" up. The important thing with gel is that you don't "squeeze" it too much. You have to have a thin layer of uncured gel between the white tip and the natural nail. I also cured the free edge "upside down" in the lamp as a final session.

Did that make sense???

C.

Oooh didn't get to see how to do it with gel - tried it and made a right mess. Please share how you get the popit to sit on the nail before/during curing they just fell off for me...
:irked::green:

Yes it will because when you put your pink or clear into the popit and place onto the nail your product moves downwards and under the white so it will attach,
it is the way that you place and hold the popit that causes this to happen hth

Oooh didn't get to see how to do it with gel - tried it and made a right mess. Please share how you get the popit to sit on the nail before/during curing they just fell off for me...
:irked::green:

It IS more "tricky" to do it with gel. It's more important to find the right amount of gel in the form and I assume the more thick the gel is, the better. I haven't tried it out as much as I wanted to as I have been busy all day, and will be tomorrow also... Maybe I'll get some time at Thursday.

Cec.

well i bought some - did my own nails in 40 mins last night, they are holding up ok - got an air bubble on my right thumb - i can see that lifting off soon and didnt use enough product on my other thumb but for once my right hand looks awesome!! xx

I called SS when they opened this morning,I was wanting to place an order and buy 1 box of PopIts, They told me that they were not shipping them out of the UK, and that I couldnt buy a box.
This is not fair I have been waiting for them to be released just as much as everyone else, I was told I would be able to buy some and that everyone no matter who you are or who you have trained with would have a chance to use them It's so unfair just because of where I live, I have to miss out.
I am so mad right now, all of the excitment and all of the waiting for the past month or so for nothing.:cry::mad::cry:

I called SS when they opened this morning,I was wanting to place an order and buy 1 box of PopIts, They told me that they were not shipping them out of the UK, and that I couldnt buy a box.
This is not fair I have been waiting for them to be released just as much as everyone else, I was told I would be able to buy some and that everyone no matter who you are or who you have trained with would have a chance to use them It's so unfair just because of where I live, I have to miss out.
I am so mad right now, all of the excitment and all of the waiting for the past month or so for nothing.:cry::mad::cry:
We all miss out on things all the time because of the country we're in. That's why I never worried much about it. They are something being distributed in the UK by a UK company. If we are lucky someone might distribute them here in OZ one day, but I won't hold my breath.

Just some food for thought...

Sometimes, if you're very nice and kind to people, and send a nice email....
You MIGHT find that you get more bees with honey than with vinegar.......

There are PLENTY of lovely geeks on this site, willing to help friends out and send things abroad. Just look at Santa geek? or the recent fundraising that took place?
Lots of kind hearted souls here....

Just something to think on..................

There are PLENTY of lovely geeks on this site, willing to help friends out and send things abroad. Just look at Santa geek? or the recent fundraising that took place?

Me thinks somebody sounds a bit too satisfied.:green:

In all honesty, I'm not quite sure what you mean?
You seem very patient all of a sudden:). You couldn't possible have found yourself a kind UK geek now have you:lol:

Hmmm sisnce I am the only one who has posted how MAD they are about
not being able to get them, I take it that this is directed at me?
I am always nice I have never been mean to anyone on this site
and I am always here to offer help ETC...So i am not sure what you mean
by your post, Also I agree I think you have changed your tone real quick
one min you were stomping in the corner (your words not mine) next min
your all calm?? I cant work you out:lol:

Latest posts

Back